Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by poolking, Aug 23, 2003.
G-Man, I was talking about a custom title, not a custom avatar.
I did notice that, but being a noob, I shouldn't say anything.
Well, you've just completed the first of 12 steps to removing and recovering from your newbieness: Admitting you're a newbie.
What!? There's 11 more steps to go?
Oh... I didn't even know there was such a limit... Sorry.
Even more justification for hiding the post-count.
i refuse to talk to them until they are properly house trained
I thought the rule was: Once you post in Feedback, you are officially no longer a newbie.
Thats just a guideline, its probably one of the 12 steps...
I thought that was the rule too.
For most new posters it takes a while to find Site Feedback and just post questions like this in all the inappropriate forums...
Welcome to the forums by the way!
Welcome to CFC.
Don't worry - I don't bark; I bite.
Nope, here are the official 12 steps to washing away your newbieness:
1. Admit you're a newbie.
2. Ask for forgiveness for being such a silly newbie.
3. Post (something besides #1 and 2).
4. Become familiar with the different Civ3 forums (or Civ2 or Civ1).
5. Read the FAQ and forum rules.
6. Know how to give yourself an avatar and custom title. If you find out yourself and don't start a thread about it, 1000 point bonus.
7. Post a thread that hasn't already been done hundreds of times.
8. Find the site feedback forum. Bonus points if you post a good suggestion.
9. Become familiar with the mods and admin.
10. Find the search feature and edit feature, and know how to use them.
11. Find the "special" features (members list, calendar, different styles, different fonts, etc.)
12. And lastly, convert to the WillJian faith, worshipping the great god WillJ.
So I think I've almost covered those points, but #12 I'll find a bit difficult to do.
It's a step every man takes sooner or later in his life....
I take that as you not being one of the followers?
Well, this guy has sort of class - regarding that he's a bloody newbie.
Welcome to our pool of posters. Here, you can be king - if only for one post.
Dear god, I'm a newbie!!
I think I'll go now and try to find the forum rules, FAQ and calender. And I'm going to find where you can change fonts.
G-man: no, you get a custom title at 30 posts (EX: mine is "woncha be my neiber")
edit: well, i didn't see the second page.....
As do most of us.
Separate names with a comma.