Is there already a mod with many features?

Sloty

Chieftain
For civ 4 over time,there where many great mods that changed almost any aspect of the game.
I already tried some mods for civ 5,some good some not that good.
But those that i found only changed a small part of the game, for example new civilizations,changed ressource yield,changed cost for buildings,changed research times.
So my question is:Is there already a big mod finished that changes lots of things in the game? For example new/changed buildings,wonders,social policies,civs changed,game mechanics,etc. ?
Or has someone found different mods that are compatible?(already tried that out with some mods enabled at the same time and sadly,those games crashed after some time and after the crash savegames were corrupted).

There are a lot of significant mods out there already. Go up to the Modpacks forum for a few; not everything gets put on the official mod servers. (Few people like uploading half-finished stuff.)

As to content mods, there are three limiting factors, currently, that are slowing the development of large mods:
1> A lot of us are still learning the LUA/SQL formats. XML is easy. So it's just slow going.
2> It's a LOT harder to add new art assets than people were expecting. The game's been out for a while now, and people have only managed to convert a couple dozen units from Civ 4, and no purely new units have been made so far. Buildings and Wonders are even worse, in terms of getting them to appear on the map. So those of us making content mods often use placeholder artwork.
3> We don't have the full SDK yet, meaning no ability to edit at a truly deep level. So there are simply a lot of functions that we can't do at present. Trying to work around some of these roadblocks leads to crashes, so we basically have to wait.

Does any one know, or has Firaxis said when the SDK will be out?

If I had to wager a guess. Best case scenario: Before Christmas. Most likely: In three months. Worst: Nine months.

Just out of curiosity, since I'm new to this whole modding thing and we have the "SDK" now, what will this full SDK give us that we don't have now? The full API?

well technically we already have the "sdk" - software development kit

what we are waiting on is the source code.

Top Bottom