Is there any limit for Trading Companies cities?

Baur

Chieftain
Only recently I understood the power of Trading Companies and started to actively use them. But it seems that number of cities that could have this corporation is limited as I see 13 max. in my game for England though I had much more cities available for this option. Is it right?

Yes, the global number of all corporations is limited. The only way to attract one to a city when the limit is reached is to exceed the corporation score of a city that already has it, causing it to leave that city.

Yes, the global number of all corporations is limited. The only way to attract one to a city when the limit is reached is to exceed the corporation score of a city that already has it, causing it to leave that city.

Can you please explain the concept of corporation score of a city and how does one exceeds it :crazyeye:? And what is the exact limit? 13 per company?

Basically there is a behind the scenes calculation for each city that gives it a score for a specific corporation, based on available resources and buildings that are relevant for the corporation, plus some other factors like civics. That's all documented as "increases likelihood to spread". Cities with a high enough score get the corporation. If the limit on corporations on the map is exceeded, the score decides which cities the corporation will spread to.

Would it perhaps be possible to display this score when you hover over a industry's icon in the city screen?

Not the way it works right now, and besides I prefer it behind the scenes. There is sufficient indication on what counts towards the score already imo.

Is there any cap for corporation resources? It seems to me that Trading Company capped at 10 food and 25 gold.

Not the way it works right now, and besides I prefer it behind the scenes. There is sufficient indication on what counts towards the score already imo.
You sound like Jon "the AI should be mysterious" Shafer.

Nice try, but no.

The texts in the Corporation Advisor could use some update after the civics and buildings overhaul.

Top Bottom