[R&F] Is there any way to prevent city states from expending territory

Straken

Chieftain
City states expend their territory too fast, especially when they are liberated. I wanna avoid this, any lua or xml?

I remember seeing somewhere that city-states territory expands depending on the amount of envoys it receives, but I'm not 100% certain. That would make it clear why they would spread faster after liberation.

Polite city states mod.

You can minimize city-state border growth by not adding more envoys than it takes to become suzerain. Anytime more envoys are added than the current suzerain's total, it grows by a tile.

Further, if there is a tile that you want near the city-state in question; don't hesitate, buy it. Because some other player may wish to become suzerain, add an envoy, and cause the city-state to annex the tile you want.

I remember seeing somewhere that city-states territory expands depending on the amount of envoys it receives, but I'm not 100% certain. That would make it clear why they would spread faster after liberation.
Yes, it is based on number of envoys. Is there any way to remove this system?

it is based on number of envoys (the high-water mark of number of envoys determines number of tiles beyond the city center and surrounding tiles the CS starts with).
As #2 says, it is based on number of envoys. Is there any way to remove this system making AI not expand any more when receiving envoys?

Polite city states mod.
Sorry, but I couldn't search for the mod you said. Could you please give me a direct link?

You can minimize city-state border growth by not adding more envoys than it takes to become suzerain. Anytime more envoys are added than the current suzerain's total, it grows by a tile.

Further, if there is a tile that you want near the city-state in question; don't hesitate, buy it. Because some other player may wish to become suzerain, add an envoy, and cause the city-state to annex the tile you want.

I know it is based on number of envoys now. The method you said is making AI not expand their territory in game. I want to modify some kind of game files or add a mod to directly remove this system.

So do you know how to implement it? I would like to appreciate it.

Thanks! But I can't download steam community files because my gov banned steam community.:goodjob:
Could you please help me download it and upload to the forum?
You may have to use a VPN to get around the block. They blocked it where I am too recently.

City states expend their territory too fast, especially when they are liberated. I wanna avoid this, any lua or xml?
If CS you are about to liberate is in range of your cities (3 tile radius of CS overlap with your city) then before making decision, go to city screen an swap all possible tiles. Note that this will not work on first ring's tiles, even if you owned that tile before (e.g. someone forward settled you just next your border, city flipped but you don't want it so in result it will take the tiles in first ring - i have lost that way strategic mine, and i bought that tile with money).

Thanks! But I can't download steam community files because my gov banned steam community.:goodjob:
Could you please help me download it and upload to the forum?

Of topic but which country is that and what was the reasoning behind blocking a gaming site?

With liberating, city states now gain additional tiles for every envoy the liberater gets for liberating, making city state lands huge sometimes. And they can get tiles up to five tiles from the city center.

I'm guessing that the all additional tiles on liberation is a bug....

Of topic but which country is that and what was the reasoning behind blocking a gaming site?
China. Blocking a gaming site is not so correct. Actually it is blocking Steam Community and CIV6 workshop is in Steam Community.

Last week I posted some ideas in the suggestions sub-forum and one could solve the spreading city-states issue. It would be some culture bomb action to all units but one tile at a time. Here is the copy-paste:

"23- New fun action to all units: If there is enemy territory (Ai or city-state) within 3 tiles of one of our cities, all units should have the ability to claim these tiles one at a time if they can survive ten turns without moving. It should exclude district tiles and first city radius. It could provoke new frontiers conflicts like in real world and big stakes with driving out occupation armies."

China didn't block Steam previously, but they do now, for some reason. I use a VPN to get around it.
Why they do this I'm not sure. For Civ4, if you bought it off the shelf, the awesome Great Wall wonder animation was disabled, and the city names had been altered, so Beijing, Shanghai and Xi'an, for example, were Beicity, Shangcity and Xicity. Never understood the rational.

Top Bottom