Is This Exploitive?

in New Turkey if you pay more money to your retirement by working longer you will definitely get a lower pay . Designed to force people into new schemes for retirement , force non "Muslims" out of positions of influence and the appearance of creating work by causing replacement in the workplace .

Could someone then wind up in a situation where they lose money working??

Nope they changed the law so minimum wage is minimum wage regardless. So it's bonbrate or minimum wage.

Of course not everyone follows the law so there's that.

Lose money while working you would have to have other expenses eg rent, kids, debt etc.

Theoretically you won't lose money via the boss but we had a slavery conviction somewhat recently

Nope they changed the law so minimum wage is minimum wage regardless. So it's bonbrate or minimum wage.

Of course not everyone follows the law so there's that.

Lose money while working you would have to have other expenses eg rent, kids, debt etc.

Theoretically you won't lose money via the boss but we had a slavery conviction somewhat recently

To quote Johnny Cash, "I owe my soul to the company store".
We've had cases where people on minimum wage were then getting deductions for accommodation or equipment needed for their work.

To quote Johnny Cash, "I owe my soul to the company store".
We've had cases where people on minimum wage were then getting deductions for accommodation or equipment needed for their work.

Equipment is on the boss here outside of safety boots.

<Farming waves>

Its of doubtful legality here but mainly practised on migrant labour without union representation.
People least likely to challenge the boss.

Yeah similar crap happens here.

Alot of kiwis know their rights and won't tolerate poor conditions hence abuse of visa system. They changed the law but there's always a bad actor somewhere.

So how much subsidy are you collecting now?

Hard to calculate. The number is ultimately political, near as I can tell. Do you count the market fluctuations due to ethonol usage? Some do. How do you calculate the value of subsidized crop insurance? It varies, year by year. Starting to look better, this year, the longer it rains the the worse the planting forecast gets. That still makes for a <farming waves> type of year, though. Not an "oh good, there's the teat to suckle on."

“Well, we got all this corn and we can’t export it and we can’t eat it.”
“Maybe we should stop growing it.”
“No, we need to support our family farmers, like Cargill.”
“What are we going to do with it then?”
“Uhh... we can put into gasoline!”
“And that’ll be cheaper than regular gas?”
“No, actually, it’s more expensive.”
“But it’ll be good for the environment, right?”
“No... actually, it’s somehow worse.”
“Well, at least it’ll be good for car engines.”
“Actually, no, it’ll damage them.”
“That sounds like a terrible idea.”
“Okay, okay. I’ll come up with something better. How about... we... make it into syrup!”
“And it’ll be healthier than sugar?”
“...family farmers!!!”

How many prevented planting springs do you think we have in the bins?

Mine runs on 85. And the somehow in that sentence means a bunch. World is full of stupidly imperfect decisions. Let's get that wind and solar up right fast. Like, really fast.

When you can plant, what do you plant?

Oh corn and beans. Just freaking that the next week straight is forecast rain. That's just enough to push us straight into degrading prospects for the year. Start taking the <female-dogging> seriously in about 2 weeks.

Since the thread returned, isn't "exploitive" having a different meaning? (and the one used, would have been of "exploitative"?)
Eg 'his/her exploits", as opposed to "the exploitation of the poors (by exploitative capitalists)".

I would say it is a word with multiple meanings depending on context. Their exploits (in fruit picking) could be exploitative.

Are there many tourists?

Now yes almost back to normal.

The tourist traps areas are struggling with staff though. They're complaining as there's essentially no locals, limited services eg closed places and longer wait times.

They've essentially ruuined a few places I can observe in my lifetime even from 30 years ago.

Top Bottom