Israel !

Israeli tribe should be added !?

• Yea, i'm totaly agree with u

Votes: 28 46.7%
  • No, they shouldn't be added

Votes: 32 53.3%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Iztvan
Sure, Israel has made a large contribution to world history.
And we definately need some more Mid East civs for when playing World Maps, the Mid East is almost as empty as western europe! ;)
The question is if that is historically correct or not. I'd say yes :D
Besides it makes possible more middle-east scenarios!!!

Well, I'd like to see the Poles included before they put Israel in as it better fits my definition of an "Alpha" civ - at one time the Poles were quite powerful - they controlled much of the Ukraine and some of Russia - they were quite dominant in Eastern Europe at the peak of their power. I wouldn't mind another Amerindian civ either.

At some point (I'm sure we will see one more expansion) they will put Israel in as another civ. We could also use another African civ (Ethiopia) and some more European civs for special mods. I'd like to see the Scythians, maybe the Goths (although they are really ancient Germans), the Hungarians, the Indonesians, and someone to populate Australia (Aborigines?) although they were pretty primitive and isolated.

I think that Poland should be included too; Piernik's done an excellent Polish mod, complete with animated leaderhead, and should be available through this forum (or if not, inevitably Dustin Smith will have it on his site!)

We only know what four of the conquest scenarios are at the moment - maybe Israel and Poland will each be involved in scenarios we don't currently know anything about.

You can certainly make a case for Israel's inclusion, just as you can for virtually any country. IMO, there are other civs I would like to see added before Israel. Ancient Israel's influence was religious rather than political, where Civ 3 is largely a re-enaction of political and economic history. And as others have noted, the case for modern Israel's inclusion is very weak...in national terms, it was born yesterday.

Israel.... no no no no no no no.

Not unless you're going to make the Palestinians a civ race also.

this SO needs to be avoided.

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

Originally posted by Clown2TheLeft
Israel.... no no no no no no no.

Not unless you're going to make the Palestinians a civ race also.

this SO needs to be avoided.

Later!

--The Clown to the Left

They have arabs

Originally posted by Ivan the Kulak
Israel might be interesting as an ancient civ for an ancient times middle east mod

I'm on the way to create a mod about the Ancient Times, and Israel has been in since the beginning. :goodjob: This work will take some time, but in the end I hope to get a good picture of that country. I'm still quite unsure about their traits : religious & commercial ? Or sthg else ? Consider this is thought for C3C, so there are those 2 new traits available... And for the UU, I've been told about the slingshot (David vs. Goliath). Do you have any better idea ? Solomon is my choice as a ruler.

Well, you might consider religious and agricultural. For UU I have no idea, though I seriously doubt they used slings in most of their battles, the David and Goliath tale aside.

Originally posted by kryszcztov

I'm on the way to create a mod about the Ancient Times, and Israel has been in since the beginning. :goodjob: This work will take some time, but in the end I hope to get a good picture of that country. I'm still quite unsure about their traits : religious & commercial ? Or sthg else ? Consider this is thought for C3C, so there are those 2 new traits available... And for the UU, I've been told about the slingshot (David vs. Goliath). Do you have any better idea ? Solomon is my choice as a ruler.

IMHO they should be religious and agricultural as far as the ancient civ is concerned.
They did not fully control the commercial harbors on the seaside but were more inland and for religious reasons they could not work effectively in trade, unlike what they have become famous for in the diaspora. And even though they were originately shepherds they did a strong farming job in the Promised Land.

Looking at this thread, I understand why it probably won't be included (too passionate) but why focus on that : there are enough ways of incorporating ithem in the game through the editor...

Religious & agricultural, eh ? I thought they were stuck on nearby hills at first, when they reached the Promised Land, because the Philistines had already took the fertile lands. But maybe they did an incredible job by improving this land after that, anyone could confirm ? And you're right, they weren't that commercial, after all (in those times !!!), and BTW Solomon and Hiram Ist from the Phoenicians (also in my mod) were mates and helped each other, so guess what, Hiram was much richer (Phoenicians = commercial & seafearing).

OK, I won't spam this thread anymore, even though I didn't take it far from where it started from.

Originally posted by Ivan the Kulak
Sha - Feer: No, some will not, but even aside from that, Israel has only existed in its modern form for about half a century. There's no real national history there, compared to the Israel of ancient times. It's kind of hard to consider Israel on Civilization type terms, given that huge time gap between its alternate existences.

Germany has only existed in its modern form for just over a decade, but it's in the game!!!

Your points are irrelevant.

There is no national history of ancient Babylon, or Rome. America didn't come around until much later thatn many in the game. The state of Isreal has always had culture, even when the Arabs or the Crusaders conquered it. Jews have always lived there in large enough numbers to qualify.

Not that that matters, I think just for its ancient existence alone it should be put in. If Sumeria, Carthage, Babylon, and Persia are in, why not Isreal? The leader wouldn't have to be David Ben Gurion or Golda Meir, it could be King Solomon or David of the ancient times. If we can put the Arabs in and not be worried about making certain people mad, then we can put Israel in too. I think both are appropriate.

Hi all,

For all those which says that Israel had never had much power, land, money etc. There is only one thing which i must say:

If u meassure all countries by military strength, yea, Israel was weak (apart from David's times & modern times which they have small but very advanced force, capable if hitting very far countries !!!)... Anyway the Israel strength should be meassured by culture, and in this field Israel is a SUPERPOWER...

Just think of the fact that most of the people of our world adapts the jewish moral (even if failing to accept it) the muslim & the christians fates were developed from it...

:crazyeye:

Without Isreal, how can we have the great never-ending Isreal/Arab conflict... They need to be in!

Originally posted by boobook
...BTW i think they should have culture & commerical properties...
Moderator Action: I think I warned way up near the beginning of the thread to avoid bashing anybody. If you really want this thread closed, just continue the bashing. --Padma
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
________
WEEDMAPS

Top Bottom