• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Israeli security Cabinet will work to 'remove' Arafat

Hi Shek3l, I checked the reference you gave me, an interesting site with articles representing both 'sides'.

I have to restrict the faith I can put in your page due to some problems with detail; for instance the 'he' that was referred to as being killed driving through an Israeli checkpoint was in fact a 5 yr old boy (perhaps he was precociously talented?), at least some of the palestinians killed while 'firing on israeli soldiers' were in Gaza, i.e. in their own country fighting Israeli soldiers on a cross-border raid, and the number of Palestinian casualties doesn't seem to tie up to that reported by independent media.

Similarly on the pro-palestinian page on the same site there is no mention of the Jaffa killing nor of the suicide bomb on July 7th, although reporting on that day is swamped by the Russian rock concert suicide bombing.

It appears from the above that no-one is prepared to be completely honest about all this - I suppose that is not a surprise.

I know that fourteen deaths seems too many, any innocent death is one too many, but wasn't the situation that applied in July better than where we are know? Shouldn't the dramatic reduction in violence have been met with real confidence building measures?

Couldn't settlement building have been stopped - or even an announcement been made that it would be? Couldn't the raids have been stopped? Just to SEE if it would have worked? Now we will never know....

Originally posted by archer_007

Well, my infomation was wrong, but you still prove my point. No one can really claim "full" ownership and still exspect a peace process.

Israel didn't claim full responsibility - note the camp david proposal rejected by our bloved Arafat three years ago in favor of a terrorism campaign.

Originally posted by bigfatron
What a depressing debate.....

First up, assassinating Arafat would be a terrorist act that is absolutely clear. That Arafat is a nasty, self-centered individual is in no doubt, but he is the leader of choice for the Palestinian people and that is the end of it.

If you think otherwise, try one of my favourite tests - flip the proposition around and see if you can still support it. If the Palestinian pM announced that Sahron was an obstacle to peace and the Palestinian authority was going to have him killed, would we view this as acceptable? the answer is obvious.

Hitler was also his people's leader of choice. It doesn't have anything to do with terrorism. Terrorism is a form of attacks on civilians. Arafat is not a civilian, and thus it isn't terrorism. The same applies for attacks on Sharon or anyone else in the military chain of command.

Originally posted by Pontiuth Pilate
Obviously the first step towards brutality is demonization - strange that Israel's people seem not to have learned this.

I see no demonization here. There are clear evidences that Arafat supported and supports terrorism, and even Palestinian officials have admitted they can't fight the terrorists as long as Arafat is there - it was their claims, infact, that made the goverment take its decision.

Top Bottom