[Vanilla] Issues with Civ Template

Philasimes

Chieftain
So, I have tried using Toussaint's Template for creating new civs and have carefully followed the instructions. For starters, I have simply tried to get the example civ into the game, without changing anything yet. When I start the game and add the mod, I can see the civ in the civ selection part, but once I start the game, it crashes back to the main menu. This is the database.log: https://pastebin.com/v38eYne2

I have tried everything that I could, which is not very much, since I do not have the best understanding of modding yet.

I would be very thankful for your help

Can't say for sure, but from the first line of your log I'd check my opening tags (the <GameData> or <GameInfo> tags) in each file and make sure they have closing tags too. Also I'd check my config file and my Front-End/In-Game Actions for any missing files or misplacements

I have checked the xml-files for the tags, and all of them are present, with one exception. In the Mod.Art.xml the tag is <AssetObjects::GameArtSpecification>, but I imagine that's normal. Other than that, I wouldn't know what could be missing in the config file, since I left toussaint's file untouched. If I'm understanding this correctly, this is how the Front-End/In-Game Actions should be

Front-End
UpdateDatabase
Core/Template_Config.sql
Core/Template_Buildings.xml
Core/Template_Buildings.xml​
UpdateIcons
Core/Template_Icons.xml​
UpdateText
Core/Template_GameText.xml​
UpdateArt
(Mod Art Dependency File)​

In-Game
UpdateDatabase
Core/Template_Config.sql
Core/Template_Buildings.xml
Core/Template_Buildings.xml​
UpdateIcons
Core/Template_Icons.xml​
UpdateText
Core/Template_GameText.xml​
UpdateArt
(Mod Art Dependency File)​

The logs files says:
  1. [4247094.919] [Configuration] ERROR: no such table: Types
  2. [4247094.919] [Configuration]: In Query - insert into Types('Type', 'Kind') values (?, ?);
  3. [4247094.919] [Configuration]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Types from file Template_Buildings.xml.
  4. [4247094.919] [Configuration] ERROR: no such table: Types
  5. [4247094.919] [Configuration]: In Query - insert into Types('Type', 'Kind') values (?, ?);
  6. [4247094.919] [Configuration]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Types from file Template_Units.xml.
That mean you wrote "Types" instead of "Type" almost in every .xml listed in the log file.
Since the table recognize only Type, he says to you I'm unable to insert because it's not in my table, and only cause of the extra "s".
Typing error are pretty much the most frequent error in basic modding, so watch those out.

Thanks for the replies. I've switched to working with xml and imported my files to modbuddy. I haven't any problems with loading the mods now. I've also never had any problems with running the files in fronend and ingame actions, and people told me to do it that way. How would you have done it?

I am not saying that you should not run any files. I am saying that you should not run run the same files. They go into different databases with different schemas. That is how you got the "Types" error in the fist place. There is no table "Types" in Configuration database (the one FrontEnd actions use), it only exists in main database (for InGame actions).

Sorry, I meant loading the same files in both. Ok, I'll try to load the problematic files in only one database.

Top Bottom