It Keeps Going and Going and Going.........

T.A JONES

Deity
Though its a common enough accurance thee days, its signifigant enough being its the first time ive seen it happen this year to be posted for all to see. CIv3's been around 6 years and has just beat CIv4 in genral interest rating in the C+C forums. Every day later this happens its a little bit more amazing to meThats all I have to say.

ANd CIv3.................

EDit stories and tales is more popular in Civ3 land also! fasinating

Not to sound rude, but how many threads comparing Civ III to Civ IV do you want? Besides, Civ III's General Discussions are no match still.

What are the point of these threads? And who actually gives a rat's ass?

Christ in a coffin, he's just showing some sentimental support for an old favourite. Good for him. It's not like it's a mindless 'teh Civ 3 pwns 4! BBQLOL!!!!' bit of gloating, is it?

I would suspect that some of the continued interest in Civ III mods is because of its age - more and more longtime fans are wanting to get something new out of the game, which only mods provide.

Hey thanks man (Lombard) don't worry about these guys, Ive made a public mockery out of AL Costa a few to many times for him to be showing up with anything but a weak grudge.(check this link you'll know exactly what I mean;)
but Blue,
Civ III's General Discussions are no match still

Why not consider regular topics(Gen Dis) in CIv3> cuz theyve been talked to death compared to relitive new areas of disscussions that persist in Civ4, like "whens the next patches", and "whens the next expansion"? or general topics many like to read are always in the latest chapters forum. example" "Welcome new players" "How old are you"--that last one was started by a Civ3 player then it was taken out and moved to CIv4, to prove my point.

You can't compare anything but interest in making the game better(C+C) For that shows what standard People use when they custimize there prefences(play mods that have previous mistakes erased)[

What are the point of these threads? And who actually gives a rat's ass?

Well your one who gave his rat ass opinion the most Mr AL Costa so what does that say ?

From these links "Civ3's Golden Age has begun" " Anyone notice lately" you can easily answer who cares about "these" threads. But you! Hypocritical just a bit arn't we? I mean, showing your "rats ass" opinion on these threads constantly then asking Who cares?.lol.
Not only arguing relentlessly were you, but only to say we were all lyers for believing a simple fact? Man, ! No wonder your so bitter,being reminded of such a low moment in your avatar's history. That sounds rat-on man

Dude, its nice that you keep us informed.. But there really is no point in multiple threads to say exactly the same thing. Over and over again.

Yesterday, when I saw this thread, I thought the same thing as AlCosta, but decided it may be better not to say anything.

True to you Storm, but its been a on going sega with him. Im trying to say hes the last person to say "T.A Who cares" he spent more time then anyone just trying to refute it ever was taking place..Tell me whats the point in that?(how much time did he spend?)

Whats the point in this you ask? Its proper documentation you can excpect it from the one who discovered or started the first thread ages ago documenting the trend. . It took a whole 40 seconds or so to confirm my earlier predictions. Consider it a update and more important an assurance what I said back then was bang on. If I wanted this kind of feedback (alcosta)Id post in the 4ums (where I feel just as comfy)

I did it with a new thread to prevent flaming up a old debate( but guess who cound't resist lol) I thought it was right choice I have no regret. You would call me a necromancer or instigator if I restored a 2month old thread l.

Costa is possibly the only one out of line to make the comment he did so I reminded him. Im just happy all you guys are still around making good mods. THanks, hopefully its at least a small measure to those who make mods to see a freeze frame of the size of their market. Sorry to those who I lured and forced to read this thread

If there's any more bickering like there was in the last thread, I'll close it down. T.A JONES has the right to make the thread if he wants, and Al Costa has the right to question his views if he wants, but it has to be kept nice and not blown out of proportion.

Wow, I say one thing, and then T.A. Jones takes 3 posts to flame me. Real mature of him. :rolleyes:

BTW, the cave is always open. ;)

Let me be more specific:

Moderator Action: Discuss the claims made in the OP if you like. But don't discuss each other, particularly the spats from the past. If anyone thinks they've been flamed, report the post and do not respond in kind. Flames or trolls, whether responding to other flames and trolls or not, will get infractions.

I do have an explanation on a reason our numbers are more. Civ 3 has more developed mods and scenarios, which in turn are better. Civ 4 has more mods still being worked on, and in the future, if they turn out to be like Civ 3 mods, they will get more and more people looking at them. Until then, Civ 3 C&C will always have more viewers.

Top Bottom