I've decided I don't like firefox.

You leave Firefox running for that whole week or do you close it when you're done?

If the former, Firefox is simply running up its memory usage. That behavior's largely neutered in Firefox 3, but that's still in beta.

Then I guess that behavior is largely based on your computer and your specific setup as I have, at the moment at least, been running firefox constantly for over 3 weeks ( Thats without closing it once) and its still running fine.

Then I guess that behavior is largely based on your computer and your specific setup as I have, at the moment at least, been running firefox constantly for over 3 weeks ( Thats without closing it once) and its still running fine.

Depends what you do with it, if I use it heavily, it gets bogged down after a week or so, I'm sure I could leave it open much longer if I didn't use it.

Well, I've been watching tons of video, tons of flash, and etc. The last 2 weeks would be what one would classify heavy usage ( Loads of tabs, loads of multimedia) and its *still* fine.

The only problems I have with firefox are occasional crashes and problems running some streaming video. IE unfortunately always runs streaming video from sites like MLB.com and yahoo much better than FF, which sometimes won't even run video from these sites. Don't know why that is.

Other than that, adblock and the ability to have multiple add-ons, such as Farkode and stumbleupon, makes FF the best browser for me.

Possibly cus IE has the ability to play those videos built in, while firefox needs a plugin?

EDIT - Fellow Farker! you got TotalFark or not?

Nah no totalfark for me, I'm a starving student. 5$ a month is my laundry money!

I used to have an acct until WaMu canceled my debit card ( Thats a whole other story ), so now I surf as a normal Farker..

Top Bottom