Japan - Hojo Tokimune Thread

In what situation exactly is it "quite powerful"? It is only ever mediocre, giving you +1 per district when you have nowhere better to be placing them, and it will take you ages to put that many districts next to each-other, and require significant investment/planning to do so, all for a bonus that's only just better than nothing.
And to reiterate once again, if you have nowhere better to be placing them, you're doing something wrong. Most often you're going to be splitting them up to take advantage of the free +3 or +4 natural adjacency bonuses spread about the map which don't require 100s of years to set-up, and are available to any civ.

Under no circumstance is this ever "quite powerful". The best you can say about it is that it's constantly mediocre.

Last edited:
It doesn't take Japan that long to get those districts, especially since you'll be slinging out Holy Sites and Culture Districts quite early. And I don't know about you, but I haven't been in many situations where I've been getting +4 solely off of landscape, it's always been a combination of landscape + the UA. I don't know why you're finding it so difficult to place districts next to each other, I've just been placing about 3-4 next to each other, with considerations for terrain of course. You can claim I'm not playing as well as you but it's way too early to make that call. As an ability that starts early and lasts the whole game I think it's more than mediocre, not groundbreaking by any means but Japan has other boosts as well.

Anyway, don't feel like arguing anymore that's just my two cents :)

You can claim I'm not playing as well as you
Good idea, I will.
I don't know why you're finding it so difficult to place districts next to each other
That's it, I am physically and mentally incapable of clicking the mouse to put one next to the other. That stuff I wrote, which as far as I can tell you didn't even read, has nothing to do with it.
Anyway, don't feel like arguing anymore that's just my two cents :)
Arguments go both ways, this was just me bashing my head against a wall :wallbash:. Honestly I can't blame you for thinking I'm stupid enough not to be able to put districts next to each other after wasting so much time re-iterating myself here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom