Japanese units always fight at full strength?!??

If you think Bushido is overpowered, try rushing Scouts with Chinese Great General. :)

First know thy self, then know thy enemy, then correct thy balance!

I didn't even notice bushido ability when I played my Japan game - it had minimal noticeable impact and I was ultra aggressive. I think it's overrated. The samurai great general boost is the better part of Japan, and that's not unique to Japan (companion cav get it too, for ex).

Bushido would be a bigger deal if the military aspects of the game were currently more challenging. As it stands they are easily matched, or surpassed by other unique abilities.

I do wonder what impact it has for multi-player though - anyone care to comment ?

As an aside, I do love the civ abilities in this game, they all add a lot more flavour than the civ iv equivalents.

From what I've seen the bushido ability is actually very strong for the AI on higher difficulties. The reason is the AI tends to spam units and fight these ridiculous wars of attrition where they throw massive numbers of units at each other with no particular tactics. Between Bushido, and Nobunaga's tendency to build melee units which require less strategy (as opposed to Elizabeth who often builds lots of longbows and leaves them sitting out in the open), Japan can have a big advantage in a slugfest.

And of course, it's also a classic facepalm moment when you reduce a bunch of Tokugawa's riflemen to near death with your line of artillery, and forget that those wounded riflemen still have the muscle to break through your infantry chokepoint and slaughter all of your shiny instruments of doom...

Top Bottom