JCivED - a toolbox for Civilization

Temporarily, the best way to fix this is to manually set the 2 layers 'improvements (absolute)' to 0 at these locations.
I'll describe in more details when I'm back, if needed.
Later on, I'll consider a 'move city' function that will do it for you.

i did suspect that, but was not sure about :lol:
THANKS for the editor and the hint. ^^

p.s.
i did add some info to the post before.

p.s.s.
i did attach the files, 2nd version, above.
The ready-build spaceship appears now -as desired-
when inventing the necessary tech and building Apollo Wonder
:)

p.p.s.s.
There is ...errr ..another problem in the spaceship editor part:
it looks like item #4 has to be 3 ( and 3 has to be 4 ) ?
(fuel and turbine / propulsion positions )

goldberg said:
p.p.s.s.
There is ...errr ..another problem in the spaceship editor part:
it looks like item #4 has to be 3 ( and 3 has to be 4 ) ?
(fuel and turbine / propulsion positions )

You're probably right :) Sounds like a very early bug in the text description that I never fixed... I'll consider add a preview of the spaceship, too...

Hi everyone,

A quick message to notify of the release of JCivED v0.0.14a!

This is not a major release, it merely extends the "map import" feature, to support arbitrary picture files (see this post), and most notably the plain text format devised by Gowron (see this thread). Obviously, it still supports the native Earth map format (MAP.PIC).

The other notable additions are in the CIV.EXE patches: the patch to modify the special resource pattern to be more random is added (see this thread) as well as the experimental patch I started to create to allow modifications of all CIV.EXE hard-coded data (kind of stalled at the moment, but it supports modification of terrain characteristics, and all in-game text and strings).

If you want to know more and get it, as usual, go to the top post of this thread!

Cheers!

Is it not possible to edit the land values? As you know I'm creating mod with custom terrain and the algorithm within Jcived gives bad values for good terrain.

It appears I have to save and reload map file before changes to land values become visible to editor.
I can live with that but it doesn't seem like wanted behavior.

Hi everyone,

A quick message to notify of the release of JCivED v0.0.15a!

This version contains nothing more than a bugfix: for some layers (land values, map ownership, ...) manual edition would not show visually in the editor although the changes were made to the map data.

This is now fixed.

Thanks to hannurabi for reporting the issue!

Note that this is definitely the shortest lapse between 2 releases of JCivED :) I want to mention that some time was spent writing scripts and templates so that releasing a JCivED package would require minimal human intervention, and so this should make it possible to have more frequent releases from now on, for smaller features or bug fixes.

Cheers

I can't also save the map in PIC/earth format. Nothing happens after I have clicked save.

I have both map and sve file open. I guess that means I'm in full edition mode? I can't place barbarian cities or right click access other cities than human player cities.

Attached is test scenario for my mod. You could test if you can access cities there with JCived.
Also the file crashes after few turns both in unmodded civ and my mod, so I guess there's corrupted data in the save files somewhere. If you care and have time to investigate little, would be really nice.:) Or maybe give some insight what could cause the crash (division by zero). Also next to Athens there is railroad I can't remove.

Also next to Athens there is railroad I can't remove.

The reason a railroad is displayed is because the CITY flag is set to 1 on that square, and JCivED (just like CIV) always draws railroad when the CITY flag is set.

But on this square, there is no city, which is why the situation is strange.

I guess you created a city, previously, on that spot, and later on you moved by changing its coordinates manually, right?

To remove it, you can manually set the square's value to 0 in the Improvements 1 layers (4 and 5); you can see hereunder that this value is 1 currently, which corresponds to the CITY flag:

I will change JCivED code so that when using the remove improvement brush on such squares, it also removes the city flag if there is no city there.

I'm looking at the other issues right now...

Attachments

• Snap1.png
    Snap1.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 348
... or right click access other cities than human player cities.

Ok, so here's the thing: regret has been expressed in the past that opening a savegame with JCivED would reveal too much unwanted information (at the time it was the location of new cities in already discovered land).

So I tweaked the code that displays cities to match CIV's logic: if a city's "visible size" attribute is 0, that means that the player does not know its existence, and thus it does not show on the map even if the player can see the city's square from previous exploration.

For the sake of limiting disclosure of unwanted information, I also applied this logic to "right-clicking" city map squares... Otherwise, it would be possible to right-click map squares with invisible cities, and see their contents...

I know this is far from perfect, but I did not want to spend too much time on this kind of UI details... And by the way, I just noticed a bug in this display code: railroad will show even if cities have their visible size set to 0... I'll fix it too.

In the mean time, I suggest you set the visible size to 1 for all initial cities in your scenario map, it should make no difference from the player's experience, I believe.

I can't place barbarian cities...

Again, this is a problem due to JCivED using CIV's original logic, in this case for determining the next city name: since Barbarians never build cities, they don't have a set of city names, and this issue cannot happen in CIV. But in JCivED, there is a mix up of city name indices when tying to create a Barbarian city.
So I will fix this by using the 32 additional city names (starting at ID 192 = Mecca) as default Barbarian cities.

Thanks. Apparently setting the city flag to zero also fixed the crash problem.
Another small thing: When you add new city with JCived, the city will have trade routes to city ID 0. I guess it should be ID 255 for no trade routes?

Top Bottom