JEELEN's CIV Gold scenarios

Something very simple I didn't think of before: I use single unit graphics & low res settings to even run BTS (don't have a high end comp myself, you see).:badcomp: BTW, do you get this slow performance only with CIV Gold mod? (I've tried Fall from Heaven II for instance, but many units don't show up properly.:()

Just uploaded::goodjob:

The Crusades for CIV Gold BTS version 1.0

Current version includes 7 custom civs and 12 LHs from CIV Gold BTS 4.0 (Final).

Included are the following civs plus LHs:

- Denmark with Canute
- Italy (= Italian City States) with Lorenzo LH (= Dandolo)
- Poland with Mandaugas LH (= Boleslav III)
- Magyar (= Kingdom of Hungary) with Stephen LH (= Kalman)
- Uyghur (= Kuman Khanate) with Bayanchur LH (= Kipchak Khan)
- Maghreb (= Almohads) with Hassan LH (= Yusuf)
- Armenia (= kingdom of Georgia) with Wilhelmina (= Thamar).

Additional LHs:

- Afonso (= Alfonso V of the Spanish Kingdoms)
- Charles V (= Philip of the kingdom of France)
- Henry VIII (= William II of the kingdom of England)
- Ivan IV (= Iatoslav of Kiev Rus)
- Richelieu (= Urbanus V of the Papal State).

Full description plus screenshots on the download page: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8763

Attachments

• El Cid leads the Spanish against Yusuf's Moors0000.JPG
    El Cid leads the Spanish against Yusuf's Moors0000.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 138
Got another comment on The Crusades! being too slow-paced. So, I was wondering: should a time-limit be included?:confused:

I am a newbie, so this post is probably misplaced. If you could redirect me to a more suited place for my request.
I am an old player, and since the Civ II I was dreamiong about a realistic approach to the ancient Greek world. Now, with the colony status in the BTS, I think this is attainable. A new mod could be created, where you can onlycontrol one city and every other city you build, becomes a colony.
I have several ideas and a deep enough Knowledge of the ancient Greek history to help any such try, but I know nothing about moding. three scenario ideas that I came up with:
Greek Tribes: Dorieans, Ions, Aioleans, Myceneans, and Minoans (SP?). Add Pelasgians and Illyrians, and maybe Troy and Frygia and you got enough to work with. Core game, where your ultimate goal is to make everyone your vassal or colony. Lots of manipulation, treachery and diplomacy micromanagement, with major cities having multiple colonies and vassals. Razing of cities should be deactivated.
Doric Invasion: The Dorieans (the only tribe that posseses Iron working at the begining) start at the north of the map and find their way down to Peloponissos.. The catch? Cities they conquer become colonies after 10 turns and vassals after another 10. They also can't control more than one city at a time. Goal? Establish the city of Sparta at the preordained location (with the premade settler unit that they have to carry and protect for the whole ride). Secondary goal? Occupy the once legendary city of Mycenae!
Persian Wars: Important Greek Cities are on the map, some binded by Vassal or colonial ties (Athens with colonies Miletos and vassals Samos and Chios, Sparta with a couple of sattelite-colony cities (Messinia, Elis with the Zeus Statue Wonder), Korinth with colony Potidaia and vassal(?) Syracuse, Thiva (vassals Voiotiean league and Fokis with the Oracle Wonder), Plataiea, Argos, Rhodes with Colossus etc. Macedonians starting with Aegae get half the religion bonus, but can have more than just one city under control. All those cities are binded by Hllenic religion that acts as ethnicity (spread only when they are built, the Settlers carry it with them and assimilation after conquest). This should have a lot larger impact (double?) than regular religion, so that even though they fight and bicker between themselves, they unite before external danger (usually they do, there always "traitors" like Thiva and Alicarnassus in the Persian wars. This is why a substantial, religion implied, relations bonus works better than a single nation. Outside enemies are various and at all sizes. They can control any number of cities, but pay big maintenance costs. Persian empire with vassal Phoenicia, Egypt, Mesopotamia, has to face multiple mutinies from their vassals before turning west (or maybe Egypt, Mesopotamia starts independand but declining and Persia is at war with them). Former Phoenician colony of Carthagene (Now independant since Motherland iwas capitulated), looks at Sicily as the only expansion road (they hold a city on the Southeast of the island). They have desert (and the end of the map!) surrounding every other way). Upstart Rome breaks free from the Etrouscan league and they have to deal with the consequences before turning East). Finally, at the northern borders, various minor nations are posing a threat (Illyria, Scythia, and others). You can play any of the outside Nation and the 4 motherland cities of Greece (Athens, Sparta, Korinth and Thiva). Wonders already placed the three afformentioned and The hanging Gardens, Pyramids and others build in the area of the game until 750 BC when the game begins
Thank You!

Got another comment on The Crusades! being too slow-paced. So, I was wondering: should a time-limit be included?:confused:

Well, this democracy thing is obviously not working...:hmm:

@nothin_personal: I've posted a reply on the BTS-Ancient Greece thread.:goodjob:

As part of a general checkup of all my files I've finally gotten around to updating all credits an the DL pages. (An oversight on my part after re-upload due to hack attack.):blush: Profuse excuse to those concerned.

Just uploaded::goodjob:

The Crusades for CIV Gold BTS version 1.1

Current version includes 7 custom civs and 12 LHs from CIV Gold BTS 4.0 (Final).

Version 1.0 removed after 104 downloads

Changes in 1.1:

- corrected Mongol civ definition (was defined as "Portugal")
- replaced Hassan LH with Idris as leader for the Almohads (= Yusuf) from latest patch

Download page remains the same: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8763
(link to patch included)

Following the release of Patch 2 I've finally been able to include Casimir as a Polish leader, so here's

The Crusades for CIV Gold BTS version 1.2

Version 1.1 removed after 6 downloads; 1.0 removed after 104 downloads

Change in 1.2:

- replaced Mindaugas LH with Casimir as king of Poland
- updated NOTES.

Download page remains the same: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8763
(link to patch 2 included)

is there anyway i can download the whole mod instead of just the scenarios. Looks great

thanks, downloading now

I downloaded the mod and started to play. I loaded it up and the main menu came up. It looked fine so far but then i could not find any of your scenarios.
I just did "play now" and it was just like a normal game, but I got a different leader. One of the ones you added. So i think i have all the files just not the scenarios. The file is like 1G, I would think there would be some scenarios in there. anyway can someone help me.

Ah, well, yes: you asked how to download the mod without the scenarios. (If that's what you did, scenarios won't show up as they're not included.) If however any scenario is installed in the Firaxis/BtS/Public Maps folder and CIV Gold mod is loaded, it should show up when selecting "Play A Scenario".

CIV Gold contains almost 100 custom civs. I suppose if you select "Custom Game", you'd be able to include quite a few of them in your game (depending on the map you play on; there are 18, 24, 33/34 civ maps available for BtS). However, CIV Gold does not alter gameplay, so in that sense it will be like any other game.

:goodjob: Just uploaded:

1600 AD for CIV Gold BTS version 1.2

Current version: 1.2 (version 1.1 removed after 349 downloads; version 1.0 removed after 338 downloads; Alpha version removed after 112 downloads; Beta version removed after 26 downloads).

Changes in 1.2: basically an update to CIV Gold BTS 4.0 Patch 2. Added one more custom civ and 4 more CIV Gold leaders. Did some map editing and updated the attached NOTES.

Full description on the (same) Download Page: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7911

the link does not work

Top Bottom