JEELEN's CIV Gold scenarios

I feel myself obligated to mention that 62 downloads of 1000 BC for CIV Gold BTS must have DLed the wrong file, as I accidentally uploaded the 1000 BC for BTS-file twice. I've corrected the situation.

On a different note: I would have included the custom made Jayavarman CIV Gold LH in 1066 AD for CIV Gold BTS update, but the animation seems to drop out of the LH screen (or he's just a really short guy)...:confused:

I'm taking a little break for now. Unless more issues pop up, further updates will be postponed till the advent of CIV Gold BTS 4.0.;)

here's some early findings from the 1000 BC scenario:

flags issue (need to correct the decal.dds path)

Islam founded by Assyrians in 925BC somehow! I went to the WB to see if they were given a bunch of tech somehow, but I didn't notice anything. Looked in options and "choose religions" is not enabled (just raging barbs). Is there something I am missing here? A scripted event? This happened on one game of mine after I had done my own edits fixing the two issues below so I can't confirm what caused it

Fix Scythians (convert 2 horse archers to UU Scythian Riders)

Fix Kush/Nubians (convert 3 archers to Nubian UU Medjay Militia)

The Egyptians might be a bit overpowered with their Pyramids but hey, this is an historical scenario :cool:

I like the barbs, I like the crowded Middle East and I really look forward to sitting down and playing a longer game, but for now I need sleep :sleep:

Thank you, MrPopov! When you're awake again - hope you got a good-night's-sleep worth:

here's some early findings from the 1000 BC scenario:

flags issue (need to correct the decal.dds path)

I'm not sure what you mean here - could you be more specific about what the issue is?

Islam founded by Assyrians in 925BC somehow! I went to the WB to see if they were given a bunch of tech somehow, but I didn't notice anything. Looked in options and "choose religions" is not enabled (just raging barbs). Is there something I am missing here? A scripted event? This happened on one game of mine after I had done my own edits fixing the two issues below so I can't confirm what caused it

Discovering Buddhism lets you choose the religion you found. So if an AI-civ gets there first... (It's actually to do with the map I used).

Fix Scythians (convert 2 horse archers to UU Scythian Riders)

Fix Kush/Nubians (convert 3 archers to Nubian UU Medjay Militia)

The Egyptians might be a bit overpowered with their Pyramids but hey, this is an historical scenario :cool:

I like the barbs, I like the crowded Middle East and I really look forward to sitting down and playing a longer game, but for now I need sleep :sleep:

The Scythians and Nubia/Kush may build UUs, but not all the units they start with are UUs. (I left that in there; it's not something that needs to be fixed, really, but if it bothers anyone, feel free to replace them all by UUs using the Worldbuilder.) As for Egypt starting with the Pyramids: they were already built by 1000 BC, so...

Glad you found the time to comment, hope you keep on enjoying (but don't loose sleep over it!!)!;)

The problem with flags I was mentioning is that some of the civs have a solid flag. You can see it in the third screenshot you uploaded on the download page. Look at Jerusalem and Assur (Also, Babylon has the American star flag). http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads//babylon%20starts%20at%20war%20with%20assyria0000_1KB.jpg

The problem is the code in the scenario file that gives the path of the decal.dds

Code:
BeginPlayer
	Team=4
	LeaderType=LEADER_DAVID
	LeaderName=David
	CivDesc=Kingdom of Israel
	CivShortDesc=Israel
	CivAdjective=Israelite
	[b]FlagDecal=Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_Israel.dds[/b]
	WhiteFlag=0
	CivType=CIVILIZATION_ISRAEL
	Color=PLAYERCOLOR_DARK_PURPLE
	ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN
	PlayableCiv=1
	MinorNationStatus=0
	StartingGold=10
	StartingX=61, StartingY=46
	StateReligion=
	StartingEra=ERA_ANCIENT
	RandomStartLocation=false
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT, Civic=CIVIC_DESPOTISM
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LEGAL, Civic=CIVIC_BARBARISM
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LABOR, Civic=CIVIC_TRIBALISM
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_ECONOMY, Civic=CIVIC_DECENTRALIZATION
	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_RELIGION, Civic=CIVIC_PAGANISM
	Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

The problem is that CIV Gold does not install the flag decals in that directory. So either you can copy the decals into that directory, or change the path to this:

Code:
FlagDecal=Modules/Custom Civilizations/Israel/FlagDECAL_Israel.dds

And of course each other civ with a custom flag will need to be updated accordingly.

Now that I have some time I will see how the rest of the game pans out :p

Thanks for the fun scenario!

Well, MrPopov, it doesn't get any more specific than that. I did actually notice some flag issue connected with CIV Gold, but wasn't sure whether to be bothered by it. I'll look into it, thx.;)

I did actually notice some flag issue connected with CIV Gold, but wasn't sure whether to be bothered by it. I'll look into it

:( This may take a little while, as I currently am updating 600 BC for BTS to version 1.0. (This is the result of gamecrashbugs; as 1000 BC for CIV Gold BTS is actually working and I don't like the idea of having uploaded a scenario that crashes on some - though not all - people's computer, this has been given priority.):hammer:

Having just finished 600 BC for BTS version 1.0, I checked for CIV Gold compatibility, which seems OK. So that one will be in the works as well.;)

Noticed a glitch in the last update of 1066 AD for CIV Gold BTS: Scottish Albans is now renamed Angles (if it just were Scots it'd be awright...) Will be fixed in the next update. Anyone else notice anything? :confused:

I think I did something wrong in loading things up. Playing 600bc for BTS, on the pick a civ screen when I look at the Greek league, Peracles is there, but everythin is listed for the English. Do I have to load the civ gold mod first then select the scenario?

thanks

Yes: always load the mod first, then the scenario.

As there's only one Greek civ and no Macedonian one, I made the Macedonians Greek (so they get to build Phalanxes). Pericles's Greeks are actually English.;)

PS: The fault lies with the fact that, after completing a test-scenario for the latest version, I couldn't change any civdefinitions.:( (I wouldn't have made a completely new version anyway, if I hadn't received gamescrash reports. There will be another update anyway, once CIV Gold BTS 4.0 is available - which is expected to be released at the beginning of February.):goodjob:

Pending release of CIV Gold BTS 4.0 I have resumed work on The Crusades, which at present will feature 18 civs on a Huge Europe-map, starting with the 1st Crusade (1096). More news by tomorrow.;)

EDIT: A CIV Gold version will definitely follow!

Completed The Crusades! (BTS version 1.0), which will receive a CIV Gold edition as CIV Gold BTS 4.0 is released.;)

As you may or may not have noticed I've undergone a name change.

I will use the TAFKAJ alias for a week or so; after that I'll remove it.;)

Hi. I posted this question in the wrong thread earlier. So, two noob mistakes in a row for me. :blush:

I just downloaded the scenarios for CIV gold, and saved the files to the PublicMaps folder for the CIV Gold mod. Now I can't figure out how to run the scnearios. They don't show up in the "Play a Scenario" menu.

Did I save them to the wrong folder or have I just not been able to find the proper way to run them?

Do you have CIV Gold in the Firaxis/BTS/Mods folder? (If so, any scenario in your Firaxis/BTS/Public Maps folder should show up if you select "Play A Scenario".)

Just to let you guys know that 1600 AD for CIV Gold has reached 300 downloads!

(Just in time for the update...);)

Forgot to mention: uploaded 50 AD for BTS today - which is another candidate for CIV Gold modification, as it features the Huns/Xiongnu (supposed to be in the eagerly awaited CIV Gold 4.0 version).;)

If anyone wants to check it out before I do a CIV Gold makeover, the DL page is in post #1.:goodjob:

I'm terribly sorry to have to inform you that the Huns will NOT be included in CIV Gold 4.0. I am planning to create a Huns add-on though which will be a bit different (no settlers!).

Top Bottom