• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Denmark UA is kinda meh (Never liked it actually), but that longboat on the other hand... It could be even better if you made units stacked with the longboat move at the same rate.

They're not really supposed to be aiding Danish exploration, however. Because the Longboat is equally not supposed to be an offensive unit, it would be easier to add to the UA.

Boy, this is the first time I'm criticised for UP-ness :lol:

Austria updated with the new icon by Janboruta previously included in the Switzerland mod:

Maria Theresa - Austria (GK, BNW) Download

Spoiler :

The Archduchy of Austria - Maria Theresa
Dragoon: Dragoons are best suited for combat against other mounted units, possessing a promotion which grants +15% Combat Strength against them. They also earn promotions 20% faster and when garrisoned in a city generates +1 Culture for every level the unit has earned. This unit does not obsolete.

Credits:

Janboruta - Artwork (Civ Icon)

Note, the Revised Pack is currently outdated, and does not include the most recent updates to Elizabeth, Dido, Denmark or Austria.

After Switzerland's update, I will endeavour to update this. So before then would be the time to raise any further concerns over Denmark's changes, so that I can consider them fully.

I'm using your civs by themselves.

Well, what other mods are you running, in that case? Because I can select Elizabeth with Great Britain + my other civs alone.

A hole bunch, like Tomatekh's Civs, More Civs, Colonialist Legacies (minus Blackfoot), Leugi's Civs, and Hiram's Civs.

Attach you database.log file and I'll take a look; maybe it'll be apparent what is causing the issue (although, are you using any mods that edit England at all - other than mine?)

Are the HRE colors changing? They look almost the same to Austria.

I really like that dragoon, just a shame I dont usually play with vanilla civs anymore. :rolleyes:

On Denmark, I think the consensus was that they're a boring/UP civ in the base game. I think adding some nuance to their UA would be a great idea. They don't need to be about early naval exploration, just the raiding part (embarked units)...

I'm really digging playing as the Belgians! I'm not sure I understand how the unit gifting when war is declared works, though. So far I've only had one war declared on me, when I was friends with Askia, Al-Rashid and Maria. I got a total of four spearmen to my capitol--two each from Askia and Al-Rashid, but none from Maria. Is there a set number of units that you get total, or a certain number from each friendly civ when war is declared against you? Also, are these just units that depend on the era (like you get spearmen in ancient, riflemen in industrial, etc.) or are they taken directly from the existing armies of your friends? Thanks!

They depend upon the era - and include unique variants - but are only ever of the basic Infantry line (Spearmen, Pikemen, Musketmen, etc.). You should have gotten support from Maria (maybe she was being vindicative :p), and you should've only gotten one unit per DoF. I'll have to look into the code, in case there is a problem.

The logic behind that line is this: If you're getting errors and you suspect they're coming from a specific mod, turn that mod off and every single other mod you have on, and if those errors disappear then that verifies that those errors came from the suspicious mod.

In this case you don't need to do that, since we just need to see what errors might arise if all of those mods are used together.

Switzerland updated:

Not so much a dramatic re-work as I had originally planned. Things were just moved around; the original UA moved to a UB, and the original UB effect moved to the UA (and requiring neutrality, rather than DoF, which should make for more interesting diplomacy). However, like with Norway, the most important thing is the new art :D

Spoiler :

• Added new leaderscene and leader icon by Janboruta
  • Added new unit flag icon by Janboruta
  • Added new civ icon and colour scheme thanks to Sukritact
  • Added new-ish UA effects
  • Added new UB: the Kaserne, which assumes the old UA effects
  • Replaced the City-State of Geneva with Saravejo, instead of Thimphu
  • Added internal support for Gedemon's YnAEMP and Sukritact's Decisions
  • Added expanded diplomacy
  • Implemented a new method of updating the tooltip thanks to bc1

Spoiler :

The Confederation of Switzerland - Dufour
Swiss Neutrality: Receive 20% of the Gold of met civilizations that have not denounced you nor declared war against you, nor with whom you have a Declaration of Friendship. City-States will never declare war upon you unprovoked.

Combat Medic: The Combat Medic is a unique combat unit available only to Switzerland. It is unlocked at Biology and does not replace any standard unit. Whenever a Military Unit is adjacent to a Combat Medic, that Military Unit heals 10 damage per turn. The Combat Medic has a combat strength, but this may only be used in defense.

Kaserne: The Kaserne is the unique Armory replacement for Switzerland, which provides 2 sources of Manpower. Manpower is a strategic resource that can be traded to other civilizations. When traded, the recipient gains a bonus to their empire-wide Military Production until the trade deal ends. Manpower may also be kept to boost Switzerland's own Military Production, though at half the value of giving it away. This boost in Military Unit Production cannot exceed 80%, however.

Credits:

Janboruta - Artwork (Dufour (including Leaderscene), Map, Building Icons, Unit Flag Icon)
Sukritact - Artwork (Civ icon)
Peace Theme - Kunitada Matsuoka Alphorn and Young Orchestra
War Theme - Allegro Moderato Symphony in C major Op. 31

Includes internal support for: Ethnic Units, Gedemon's YnAEMP, Sukritact's Decisions, Tomatekh's Historical Religions.

Do note that there is an aesthetic bug whereby any City-State that would've declared war against you remains with the tag "Peace Blocked," though this is not true. This has no affect on gameplay, and is removed once your friendship level with the CS changes. In the future I'll look at what I can do about it, but for the moment, it seems a non-issue to me.

Looks great! Great work JFD and Janboruta, as always!
I really like the Icon, and well everything else.
One question regarding the UA. Does the gold bonus stop only while the war/denounciation/friendship is active or is it erased permanently with that civ after that?

Looks nice! And now the name "Armed Neutrality" is no longer copyrighted so I can steal it for my mod!
...Kidding, of course. ...Or am I?

Actually, I was waiting for the update so I could look into the code, but it looks like you changed it. :( Do you still have a copy of the code used to make Switzerland unable to declare war? I wanted to make "Proclaim Neutrality" a decision for Switzerland for Decisions compatibility, but I couldn't figure out how. :/

Moving on:
This line confuses me:
City-States will never declare war upon you unprovoked.
:confused: Can't CSs not already declare war on you anyway?

And +20% :c5gold:... :dubious: Anyone else think that might - might - be a liiittle on the OP side?

Only whilst you're at war/denounced/friends. The gold will come back if those conditions are removed.

Looks nice! And now the name "Armed Neutrality" is no longer copyrighted so I can steal it for my mod!
...Kidding, of course. ...Or am I?

Actually, I was waiting for the update so I could look into the code, but it looks like you changed it. :( Do you still have a copy of the code used to make Switzerland unable to declare war? I wanted to make "Proclaim Neutrality" a decision for Switzerland for Decisions compatibility, but I couldn't figure out how. :/

I never actually made the code. But I promise that the next new civ will be making use of that (it fits the leader so much better than Switzerland). However, you don't need to wait for me - you can just have a look at the TurnsRemaining.lua in the Scramble for Africa scenario (assuming you have it); where war is prohibited between civ groups (European, Sub-Saharan and Northern African)

EDIT: It's just a CanDeclareWar event - but I expect that it's only for BNW. An example from the Scramble for Africa scenario:

Code:
GameEvents.CanDeclareWar.Add(function(myTeam, theirTeam) 

local myPlayer = -1;
	local theirPlayer = -1;

for iLoopPlayer = 0, GameDefines.MAX_CIV_PLAYERS-1, 1 do
	    local pLoopPlayer = Players[iLoopPlayer];
	    if (pLoopPlayer:GetTeam() == myTeam) then
			myPlayer = iLoopPlayer;
	    end
	    if (pLoopPlayer:GetTeam() == theirTeam) then
			theirPlayer = iLoopPlayer;
	    end
	    if (myPlayer ~= -1 and theirPlayer ~= -1) then
			break;
	    end
	end

local bIAmEuropean = false;
	local bTheyAreEuropean = false;
	local bIAmNAfrican = false;
	local bTheyAreNAfrican = false;

if (myPlayer == Belgium_PlayerID or myPlayer == France_PlayerID or myPlayer == England_PlayerID or
	    myPlayer == Germany_PlayerID or myPlayer == Italy_PlayerID or myPlayer == Portugal_PlayerID) then
		bIAmEuropean = true;
	end
	if (theirPlayer == Belgium_PlayerID or theirPlayer == France_PlayerID or theirPlayer == England_PlayerID or
	    theirPlayer == Germany_PlayerID or theirPlayer == Italy_PlayerID or theirPlayer == Portugal_PlayerID) then
		bTheyAreEuropean = true;
	end
	if (myPlayer == Egypt_PlayerID or myPlayer == Morocco_PlayerID or myPlayer == Ottoman_PlayerID) then
		bIAmNAfrican = true;
	end
	if (theirPlayer == Egypt_PlayerID or theirPlayer == Morocco_PlayerID or theirPlayer == Ottoman_PlayerID) then
		bTheyAreNAfrican = true;
	end

-- N. African on N. African?
	if (bIAmNAfrican and bTheyAreNAfrican) then
		return false;
	end

-- European on European?
	if (bIAmEuropean and bTheyAreEuropean) then
		return false;
	end

return true;
end);