• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Two things I have noticed about Norway:

1: The "portraits" for the uniques, aren't they the same as the ones for Tomatekh's Kievan Rus'?

2: What the heck is the decisions mod? Are you trying to make Civ 5 more like EU4?

Nice civ update.

Who gets the norweignen ski infantry now then or have they gone altogether?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I can't thank you enough for updating Norway -- yaaay! :goodjob: :rockon:

Take a look at this

Awesome, I knew there had to be a way to do it.

Also, really glad to see Norway is back, I've been wanting to try that civ. One question on the new Norway UA "Begin with all coastal tiles visible" is that ALL coastal tiles or just the workable ones near you?

A question about Prussia. Began a new game with them last night. I noticed that the unit ID screen permanently has an interesting window above it with what normally has the units promotions. Most of them are crossed out (like a Ghostbusters symbol). I also noticed that when my scout fought a barb, it was now able to perform a concert tour, but not able to skip a turn or to fortify. Um...is that something that is supposed to be happening?:confused::confused:

Awesome, I knew there had to be a way to do it.

Also, really glad to see Norway is back, I've been wanting to try that civ. One question on the new Norway UA "Begin with all coastal tiles visible" is that ALL coastal tiles or just the workable ones near you?

All - although it's just the fog of war is lifted.

A question about Prussia. Began a new game with them last night. I noticed that the unit ID screen permanently has an interesting window above it with what normally has the units promotions. Most of them are crossed out (like a Ghostbusters symbol). I also noticed that when my scout fought a barb, it was now able to perform a concert tour, but not able to skip a turn or to fortify. Um...is that something that is supposed to be happening?:confused::confused:

Sounds like a more serious problem than something Prussia can be causing. Try deleting your cache folder (My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/), as the problem seems related to the UI.

Hey, I'm super excited about the Norway update, but one issue I have had is that on the YNAEMP large Europe map Haakon is still not supported, I checked and he works fine on the Giant Earth, but something about just doing Europe is a lot more appealing to me. Still a great update, but just wanted to let you know to see if it could be easily fixed.

If you don't use Gedemon's map, it won't screw things up to remove the compatability (which eliminates database errors), will it?

That has happened to me before, including one game where Prussia was not installed. I've found that reloading the mods (as in leaving to the main menu and then returning) usually fixes it.

Hey, I'm super excited about the Norway update, but one issue I have had is that on the YNAEMP large Europe map Haakon is still not supported, I checked and he works fine on the Giant Earth, but something about just doing Europe is a lot more appealing to me. Still a great update, but just wanted to let you know to see if it could be easily fixed.

Sorry, I see that I made a mistake in the file. I've reuploaded, and Europe should now be supported. Thank you for letting me know.

If you don't use Gedemon's map, it won't screw things up to remove the compatability (which eliminates database errors), will it?

Mine do not produce database errors. I have implemented support in a way that no database errors will show up whatsoever when you do not have YnAEMP enabled (in the latest mods with Decisions support, at least: so Belgium, Victoria, Hannibal, Khazaria and Norway; I am working on the rest as I go along).

Excuse me, but why did you outright nerf Denmark? I quite honestly don't think the new longboat is good enough to replace the +1 movement for embarked units (which I see you've transferred to Norway) and I personally found Denmark's UA underpowered on beforehand. I hope you're planning on revising Denmark more than this; it will be required for me to fully accept the new Norway mod.

If it's proven to be truly a nerf, verifiably (by myself, or someone else - the latter, most likely, however), then I'll certainly revise it further. For now, first-hand impressions aren't enough to convince me of a change being necessary.

The preclusion of the oil is a thematic and flavoursome shame, but I didn't want to have the UA composed of too many distinct parts. If I had kept the Knarr, it would have certainly been applied. But it is not about focusing on Medieval Norway; it is about a coherent and driving theme, which being able to build oil rigs in neutral territory defeats (why colonise, if you don't need cities to improve oil?)

Top Bottom