• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

The consequences of not holding onto the Dalmation Coast ;)

I'll fix it later then

Thx :)
Currently it's somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 of it's normal medieval size (even if only counting the main territory, which was continuously under hungarian rule for 600+ years)
Not to mention some better looking borders between the 12th and 15th centuries ;)

Any day with a beautiful modded civ release is a good day. Meanwhile I'm extremely excited about Churchill and Victoria. Did you get the city lists squared away?

Yes, it is on Europe - just. Judaism, of course! Victoria or Churchill will be next, aside maybe updates to existing civs, like:

A Jewish state in Europe?

someone has already done the Khazars and I can't find any others by researching on wiki,
Could you tell us the geographic area in Europe?
eg: Iberia, Balkans, etc.

The Khazars were located in the Balkans, during the 800s roughly if I recall correctly.

nope they were near Volgograd (or Stalingrad, if u play the USSR by JFD) in southern Russia

Someone has already done a Khazar civ with art by Janboruta, so....

Khazaria circa 850CE :

Spoiler :

As seen at http://www.oocities.org/athens/sparta/3976/.

Right in the middle of the current Ukraine-Crimea conflict with Putin and co. That little bulge near Tblisi is South Ossetia where the Russo-Georgian war was a few years back. Some say that Putin is trying to reform Khazaria. He even chose their logo - the two-headed eagle as the current Russian coat-of-arms.

On a different track, the front page still shows v2 of Armenia. Is there a v3 now that you fixed the Vank JFD?

Attachments

• Khazaria.jpg
    Khazaria.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 489
Isn't the two headed eagle a tsarist symbol?

It goes all the way back to Sumeria and the Hittite empires. Its been around for a very long time and many civilizations in the Mesopotamian-Egyptian-Russian-Byzantium-Roman regions have used it as their standard.

Yes, it is on Europe - just. Judaism, of course! Victoria or Churchill will be next, aside maybe updates to existing civs, like:

Lenin updated:

• Fixed an issue where Workers could not be expended for Tourism, and an issue where they could not be upgraded to Levies.
  • Added new city list

• Great work thanks. Anynews on fixing Stalin?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nice idea to put together a map like this, but what happened to the size of Hungary? :confused:

Agreed with Absinthe. By comparison to the borders of Poland, Austria and Moldavia, Hungary should look like that:

Spoiler :

(it looks like the borders of the USSR don't include Moldavia as well while it should, at least post-1940, this is the small white space between Hungary and the Soviets)

Great job on the Khazars. One question - is there a cap on the number of followers emigrating to the capital? Or if you conquer a 15 pop enemy capital where there are 13 followers of your religion, all of them emigrate? I'm aware this will be a rather rare and extreme occurence, but I'm curious :) Nice effects on the uniques. The Kagan is certainly interesting.

Khazaria circa 850CE :

Spoiler :

On a different track, the front page still shows v2 of Armenia. Is there a v3 now that you fixed the Vank JFD?

I don't usually change the version number unless something major has changed.

Great work thanks. Anynews on fixing Stalin?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm getting there - trying to do it chronologically backwards.

Agreed with Absinthe. By comparison to the borders of Poland, Austria and Moldavia, Hungary should look like that:

Spoiler :

(it looks like the borders of the USSR don't include Moldavia as well while it should, at least post-1940, this is the small white space between Hungary and the Soviets)

Great job on the Khazars. One question - is there a cap on the number of followers emigrating to the capital? Or if you conquer a 15 pop enemy capital where there are 13 followers of your religion, all of them emigrate? I'm aware this will be a rather rare and extreme occurence, but I'm curious :) Nice effects on the uniques. The Kagan is certainly interesting.

It's not a direct population boost, but rather you get a portion of as much food as each citizen is worth to your Capital. Because you get this bonus whenever another civilisation conquers a city with your followers as well, it prevents the trait from being actually OP.

The Khagan is designed to work with the UA; nudging you in the direction of manipulating the religious followers of a city you're at war with into forcing an exodus of those followers to your capital.

Great work with the Khazars!
Does that mean you'll update Nri as well?

:lol:

And the Nri are a pretty well-made civ. The only flaw it has is that their civ icon in tourism vs. culture overview doesn't display correctly (there's one size of the civ alpha missing, same with Flanders). But that isn't anything major.

I reckon only Flanders could use a better leaderscreen and upgraded uniques icons, but it is also a complete, nice civ as well. And JFD's Belgium covers that area for him, I guess. ;)

And the Nri are a pretty well-made civ. The only flaw it has is that their civ icon in tourism vs. culture overview doesn't display correctly (there's one size of the civ alpha missing, same with Flanders). But that isn't anything major.

I reckon only Flanders could use a better leaderscreen and upgraded uniques icons, but it is also a complete, nice civ as well. And JFD's Belgium covers that area for him, I guess. ;)

I will do Flanders if I ever do Scotland ;)

Something I have noticed about Armenia is that their AI is very aggressive. Why is that? Also, are there two seperate pools for purchasing the Mamikonian? (One for Great Prophet, one for Great General)

The Armenia civ is militaristic in nature; it merely uses faith to propel that because converting cities gives instant courthouses (effectively).

Mamikonian Prophets and Mamikonian Generals are generated separately, but do the same thing.

The Armenia civ is militaristic in nature; it merely uses faith to propel that because converting cities gives instant courthouses (effectively).

Mamikonian Prophets and Mamikonian Generals are generated separately, but do the same thing.

Then you're going to be swimming in them by the end of the game. I know who I'm playing as for my next TSL game!

Also, will one of those updates be for civs like Norway or the Vandals?

Top Bottom