1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Civilizations & Leaders' started by JFD, Oct 20, 2016.

1. gelodgreat

gelodgreat Chieftain

wow. just wow i hope you add world war 2 , world war 1 and modern civilization leaders :D. And please make a philippines civilization hahhahaha

2. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Chieftain

Good job. Can you add translation?

Attached Files:

3. retrocity5

retrocity5 The American Monarchist

4. zebenji

zebenji Chieftain

Hi!

Here is a slightly updated French translation for Hitler (mostly typos to fit with Vanilla's texts), as well as translations for De Gaulle, Louis XIV and the Papal States. Enjoy! :)

Attached Files:

5. TORARADICAL

TORARADICAL Prince of The JODASA

Antoninus' "unique" building is showing up for all civilizations when he is enabled.

6. miroli

miroli Chieftain

Excellent work guys!! Thanks!

Can you create Argentina please?!?!

Some relevant leaders from the nation are Jose de San Martin (military leader, liberated the country & other south american nations from Spain kingdom), Juan Manuel de Rosas (military leader, defended against England, France & Spain siege), Julio Roca (military leader, conquered contryside against native tribes), Juan Bautista Alberdi (political leader, primary founder of the national constitution -influenced with American liberal policies).

Please do not use Juan or Eva Peron, or Pope Francis, they are populist leaders which are not liked by all Argentinians

Possible bonuses:
    -unique tile improvement Hacienda (replacing Farm), Argentina is known for its excellent soil to grow several crops
    -unique tile improvement or building Pulperia (being a large flat country, this kind of drugstore/markets were lonely buildings along the country which had anything you need to supply yourself, from food to weapons)
    -unique unit Gaucho (replacing Cavalry), many gauchos lived and wandered in countryside, taking care with great skill of farms and also were used to fight battles against native tribes using their knowledge of terrain, horsemanship & fierceness
    -unique unit Granadero (replacing Cavalry), this is the best formal military unit Argentina ever had, helping the country independence
    -civ ability ease to settle (or easy access to fresh water), Argentina is a country with lots of rivers therefore easy access to fresh water, planting crops and cattle raising (cows)
    -civ ability welfare state, this is a characteristic from 1950s and later, due to the large amount of taxes we suffer, Argentina is an attractive country to all southamericans as it has a pretty good healthcare and education system being covered by the government

7. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Dude... first you say the Perons are populist leaders who are not liked by all Argentineans... then you suggest the dude who genocided everyone south of Rio Negro.

You actually suggested both culprits of the elimination of the Mapuche; bias much?

Also, while we're at it, where do you live? Argentina neither does have lots of rivers nor does it have excellent soil to grow several crops. Have you ever set foot on the Pampa? Have you ever read about the Pampa. Do you think they called it desert because it sounded cute?

Like, this is primary school knowledge, most of Argentina's soil is extremely arid inhospit, the Pampa, which happens to cover most of your country, is this endless expanse of nothingness with but a handful of rivers due to most of them falling to the other side of the Andes, you couldn't grow a thing on it until the last half century or so due to improvements provided by agrarian revolution, GMOs and whatnot.

Where are you coming from?

retrocity5 likes this.
  8. retrocity5

retrocity5 The American Monarchist

Who even likes Pope Francis?

miroli likes this.
  9. Merrowin

Merrowin Chieftain

Hey JFD!

I've seen in your Nicholas Update today that you have splitted up the translations into separate files.
    So I've revamped all translation files I've uploaded so far to this new style.
    In addition I've taken the opportunity to correct some typos and to overhaul the text style of those files a little bit.
    The new feature of Nicholas to gain extra territory while conquering a city is also translated.

I hope I can do the remaining translations in the next two weeks.

We should have known better cause of his avatar pic.
    And in the text file it states:
    "Nicholas' Russia is the spreading amoeba you don’t want next door. He is great at absorbing all the land, lads, and boyfriends around him!"
    :lol:

Attached Files:

zebenji likes this.
  10. Merrowin

Merrowin Chieftain

Hello JFD!

As it seems you are doing an overhaul to. :thumbsup:
    In the Ajatasattu file are a lot of changes.

So for now I've deleted all other translations than Nicholas and will wait for you to finish.
    I will add my translations here again as soon as I've translated your upcoming changes.
    I'm very curious about them. :D

Brackenspore likes this.
  11. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Chieftain

Yes, yes. It's (changes in MODs) the minor problem for translators :)

12. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Chieftain

Ajatasattu updated ru-translation :)

Attached Files:

13. zebenji

zebenji Chieftain

I think, just think, that Adolf Hitler might not be liked by all Germans. Still, he made sense as a leader because no matter how hated he is, he's still one of the first leaders people think of when Germany is mentioned.

And I have absolutely no idea why you suggested Pope Francis, since he has never been an Argentinian leader. Basically it's like you were saying "Please don't add Celine Dion as a leader for the Canadian civilization". :lol:

How do we know a civ has been updated? Might need to update French files as well but I have no idea when the civs are updated. Do we know that through Steam?

SMcM likes this.
  14. Merrowin

Merrowin Chieftain

Well, yes and no... :crazyeye:
    If I see that steam has downloaded some Civilization Workshop Stuff, I use SearchMyFiles to filter my local workshop folder for changed xml files.

Afterwards I use Notepad++ with the Compare Plugin to look for relevant changes within the new files compared to my backup files. But there might be easier solutions.;)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  15. SMcM

SMcM Chieftain

I'm sure Germans would be appalled to hear that people in other countries thought that!

16. zebenji

zebenji Chieftain

Looks like I'm gonna use Steam to check the updates then. Thanks a bunch! :)

17. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Chieftain

Mali translation. Why Sofa and Karanso texts not translated? :confused:

Attached Files:

18. Merrowin

Merrowin Chieftain

Ok, let's try again. ;)
    Nicholas, Jimmu, Ajatasattu, Frederick and de Gaulle already contain todays changes.

Attached Files:

19. zebenji

zebenji Chieftain

Downloaded the mods through Steam. Noticed that the Papal States translation file is included, but the French translation does not show up on the start screen (civilization still shows up in English), while it shows up in French in the Civilopedia. Strangely enough, the exact opposite happens with Hitler: info is in French on the start screen, but in English in the Civilopedia. Didn't see any French file for Louis XIV and Charles de Gaulle, so maybe it has not been included yet.

I'll try to keep translation but will keep a backup of the files just in case. Translating Sukritact's Siam will be messy though, given the fact that he opted for a SQL file instead of an XML one. :(

20. Merrowin

Merrowin Chieftain

I started with his Fuji mod today, which is a small one, to learn the best way to handle the sql file in the editor while translating.
    It's somewhat uncomfortable, but no problem in the end.;)

Maybe you want to start with that one too. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017