1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JFD and Janboruta's Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Civilizations & Leaders' started by JFD, Oct 20, 2016.

1. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

2. Snaff

Snaff Chieftain

A roman leader who's not going to expand everywhere and conquer all of my allies?
    What a nice change of pace.

3. TheLohoped

TheLohoped Known today as TLPD-AVW

I have checked the file of Stalin's Russian text and I have a minor nitpick. Gorky shouldn't be translated as "Горки" (a town in Belarus and countless number of villages), it should be "Горький" (Nizhny Novgorod, which has a much greater significance for USSR).

Also there's a couple "<" missing in XML, near LOC_CITY_NAME_JFD_USSR_5 (Харьков) and LOC_CITIZEN_JFD_USSR_MODERN_MALE_9 (Перкосрак).

4. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Prince

С Горьким да, почему-то я как Горки (Ленинские) перевел, но я не думаю, что это существенно. А что с Харьковым? Как Харьков переведен.
    А Перкосрак что? Это советское имя - от "первая космическая ракета". Я такими все имена сделал, пасхалочка, так сказать. Все имена реальные. И Валтерперженка тоже существует. :lol:
    Меня больше волнует другое. У тебя вообще весь перевод работает? У меня почему-то перевелась только способность цивилизации и название страны. Всё остальное осталось английским. А, всё, уже исправили. Но такое бывает (особенно, когда перевожу новую цивилизацию, а не нового лидера для уже существующей цивилизации): перевел все, а в игре переведено не все. Они должны сами что-то подкрутить, чтобы все заработало полностью.

НЕ ЧИТАТЬ! No reading :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Bitter Yes, for some reason I like Slides (Lenin) translated, but I don't think that's relevant. What about Kharkov? As Kharkov translated.
    And Percocet what? It is the Soviet name - from the "first space rocket". I am including all the names done, pasalacqua, so to speak. All the names are real. And Valtiberina also exists.
    I'm more worried about something else. Do you have the translation work? I somehow transferred only the ability of the civilization and the name of the country. Everything else remains in English. And, all is already corrected. But it happens (especially when I translate a new civilization, not a new leader to an existing civilization): moved everything in the game translated, not all. They need to do something to tweak to make it work fully.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  5. TheLohoped

There's nothing wrong with Kharkov and Perkosrak themselves (although Perkosrak is indeed a special name). I was referring to the missing "<" symbols in code around them. It could be the reason for broken translation.

And sorry, I didn't check the translation in game. I try to avoid Russian translations of Civ following the peculiar translation of Civ5 by 1С. But that's nice that somebody else gives them attention in mods. :)

6. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Prince

Okay

7. Merrowin

Merrowin Chieftain

I've updated german translations of Frederick and Louis with today changes.
    And in addition finished the translation of Isabella.

Attached Files:

8. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

JFD Both the T-34 for Stalin and the German Panzer for Hitler both appear as ancient era boats when they embark into the ocean ....

SMcM likes this.
  9. BSPollux

BSPollux Deity

Nice mods!
    Thanks for all the work you invested!

One question (wasnt answered in the opening post): Will the game spawn multiple instances of the same nation if it has multiple versions in its list? Like could I end up with Frederick and Barbarossa, both leading a German nation, in the same game?

10. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

JFD Both the T-34 for Stalin and the German Panzer for Hitler both appear as ancient era boats when they embark into the ocean ....

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

12. TheLohoped

An intetersting choice of ruler! The "Palace revolts" era of Russian history is usually overlooked in general culture, even in Russia itself. I hope that this mod gives it more attention among the Civ players.

13. IgorS

IgorS Your ad could be here!

A very interesting choice for a Russian leader. I don't know if this time period is overlooked in Russia, but it is definitely overlooked in the world.

DeepSoul likes this.
  14. NN23

NN23 Warlord

Elizabeth looks amazing. Keep up the great work.

15. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

More incredible stuff! Thanks; Elizabeth looks great.

16. Speckthommy

Speckthommy Chieftain

Absolutely great work!
    I would like to help to translate some Leaders & Civs into German.
    Merrowin, you could say me which one I should do, so we don't translate the same leaders.

17. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

18. lafittejean

lafittejean Chieftain

chrisgatt please do not spam the thread with the same note about a possible bug. Presumably it's been seen and will be addressed in due time if it's a reproducible problem.

19. Speckthommy

Speckthommy Chieftain

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse formandam.
    (Moreover I consider that Carthage must be made)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  20. Merrowin

Merrowin Chieftain

I've updated german translations of Frederick and Louis with yesterdays changes.
    And in addition finished the translation of Antoninus Pius and Pius IX.

@JFD
    In the file for the papal states I've tried something new. :eek:
    The german translation files of Firaxis contain information about gender and grammatical case of the translations.
    You can find this for example in the Vanilla_de_DE.xml in the folder \Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Text.
    In the papal states file it looks like this:
    <Text>Kirchenstaat|Kirchenstaat|Kirchenstaat|Kirchenstaats|Kirchenstaat</Text>
    <Gender>masculine</Gender>
    <Plurality>1</Plurality>

The pipe symbols "|" devide the cases.
    I've tried to do the same thing for all other namings and adjectives in the papal states file too and it seems to work.
    However if you face any problems with this while building your mod project or testing the game, feel free to remove it.
    The gender and plurality tags can be completely removed while the text should be reduced to the term just before the first pipe symbol.
    Which simply leads to <Text>Kirchenstaat</Text> in the example above. :cool:
    The reason why I tried this is, that our translations should have the same behavior and degree of information like the ones from Firaxis.
    When this works out, I may update the other translation too. :rolleyes::D

@Brackenspore and @zebenji
    Maybe the Firaxis translation files in the above mentioned folder are of interest for you too.

@Speckthommy
    You are welcome. :)
    As of today the translations for following leaders/civilizations of JFD are missing in german:
    Mali, Siam, Ivan IV, Churchill, Stalin and Elisabeth of Russia.
    I will do them in this order (which is the Steam release order) with Mali starting next.
    So you can choose freely from the rest and leave a message here which one you choose.
    Good luck. :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017