1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Jotnar - Giant Civ for Fall from Heaven. Download Here.

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Arctic Circle, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Already fixed it - this one was my bad whilst "optimizing" the python (really - it's much quicker to just block everything :D). Will be up later on tonight.

2. Arctic Circle

Arctic Circle Prince

Hmm. My original looked like this:

Code:
    	def cannotDoCivic(self,argsList):
    		ePlayer = argsList[0]
    		eCivic = argsList[1]
    		if eCivic != gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVIC_TRADITIONS'):
    			if gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_JOTNAR'):
    				if gc.getCivicInfo(eCivic).getCivicOptionType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT'):
    					return True
    But.. not even this.. works anymore. :confused:

3. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Look at Vehem's code in download thread, it works.

4. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

I've sorted the Mouth of the Divine now - I went and found an old copy of the SpellInfos that did include the spells and used that (should still work with 050). I also removed the dependence on python and used PrereqStateReligion and PrereqTech instead (all the python did was check the state religions/techs needed to have it)

5. sylvain5477

sylvain5477 Cerebrus father

Are you planning a world spell for our beloved giant civ ?

6. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I think Arctic decided they were strong enough without one... Closest they come is their Missing Children event when the AC gets high enough.

7. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

"Strong enough without one" is really not a justification at all.

They absolutely must have a world spell. It's something that just has to be done.

*goes to think up worldspell ideas*

8. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

If they *have* to have one, I say something like the Khazad have, but Mountains rather than hills. Of course, this would rely on them being able to work mountain tiles... But I think that would be a very fitting change.

9. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

"It's something that just has to be done" is also not justification at all. They get a Unique wonder, which makes up for the lack of a worldspell.

10. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

I'd agree with kenken - there has to be a reason to add something, rather than a reason not to. The wonder is causing a little trouble with the multi-barbs at the moment though, so odds are it'll change in some respect for that reason.

11. solistus

solistus Warlord

How about making the Great Wall wonder into a Worldspell and adding a unique wonder to work mountain tiles once that's implemented? I think the fact that every other civ has a worldspell is enough justification to add one; also, the no worldspells option currently favours the Jotnar. I know optional features like disabling worldspells are not primary balance concerns, but it's something to consider and seems like at least a tiebreaker if there's no reason _not_ to add a Worldspell. There are many ways a Worldspell could be added by shuffling features around and/or giving a minor bonus; my suggestion is but one example.

12. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

I just consider it a bit unfair that every nation has it's own worldspell and Jotnar have none. Just for the interest.

13. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

This is a good reason

A worldspell gives extra tactical depth. An option to pull out of the bag when situations look grim

In a hotseat game right now, me and my friend teamed up to crush the Doviello. And what we thought would be an easy steamroll, has turned into a bloody and epic battle, thanks to a perfectly times Wild Hunt from the AI.

I really don't like the idea of there being a civ without a world spell.It's like a missing piece.

14. sylvain5477

The worldspell not necessary needs to be powerful, it could be flavor only ? :)

15. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Something like that?

16. sylvain5477

Well why not ?
    Could be neat to have nice flowers on jotnar trees, make everyone else very jealous ! :)

17. scutarii

scutarii King

at least one of Jotnar leaders should have ingenious trait: upgrading your 10+citizen to Hill giants or whatever per 130 or so cost ( because of somebody declares a war to you) can be very burdensome financially...

18. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

I'm looking at scaling the upgrade costs down a little based on feedback - though not too much at first. It'll likely be a series of small drops until it feels right (some of which will be on internal versions).

19. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

What about chislev totem?

20. Jhoniten

Jhoniten Warlord

I would still love to see the wall wonder change to current cultural boundaries each turn so that it always marks your territory.