1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] June update speculation and wish list

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by acluewithout, May 24, 2020.

1. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Prince

Well one can always dream.

Anyway I think it is not completely out of the table to rebalance religous combat so it becomes far less tedious. Even more if we ask it enough :).

You are right about the apocalypse mode. The mode needs a bit of balancing right now...

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  2. Owen Selevert

Owen Selevert Chieftain

A thing I'd love seeing coming back from Civ V would be the posibility to pupet conquered cities. At the end of the game after finishing few wars most of the time is only selecting buidings for little cities, which makes end game not so enjoyable. As City States can build district by themselves, I think this little AI could be used then again on puppet cities.

oSiyeza, Inawordyes, nauberry and 3 others like this.
  3. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

Now that they have allowed chariots to be granted on meteor strikes early game, they should really buff base city strength to 20 (or at least, buff the palace guard) which gets stronger if a unit is garrisoned, instead of the usual 10. (I've been begging for this for a long time actually! Capitals should not be able to be taken with just warriors!)

Otherwise, a fluke of 1-2 chariots early is a free capital.

agonistes likes this.
  4. Socrates-

Socrates- Chieftain

Some UI-related updates that are on top of my list:

- Ability to toggle visibility of placed map-pins.
    - General overview of current (trade)deals with opponents.
    - Diplomatic graph that shows current relations between al active civs like in CIV 4(friendly, denounced, at war, alliance, neutral).
    - Function that let's you play with a random leader that not's already in your Hall of Fame.
    - Add the Hud-ribbon for the console-version.

Maps I'd like to see added:
    - Mediterranean
    - The America's
    - Africa

Random wishlisting:
    - I want to customize/build/decorate my own palace/throneroom again :king:!

5. Galvatron

Galvatron Warlord

Don't forget that everyone else hates Lex. Usually you can get them to help you, and that way you get less gravy when you nuke him

6. Bechhold

Bechhold King

The ability to disable Soothsayers and not the entire DLC, honestly such a unit is a bizarre choice to have in a regular civ game and not a scenario.

Thormodr and ferretbacon like this.
  7. criZp

criZp Emperor

I'd like to just mention that a June patch isn't exactly officially confirmed.

8. snakeboy

snakeboy Chieftain

Please give us an option to pick which civs we do NOT want in our game. For some reason my games are biased to having Kongo almost every single time and it annoys me to no end.

The option to exclude some civs without having to include the ones you want and thus killing the surprise, is I believe a must for a game like this.

9. Killer Rabbit

Killer Rabbit Chieftain

Yes it is, they said there would be free balance/content patches during the months with no DLC.

10. criZp

criZp Emperor

No, they said there would be free updates in-between the DLC, they didn't say there would be a free update between every single pair of regular updates. They have never released significant updates with a two-month regularity as far as I'm aware, no reason they should suddenly start doing it now.

Hakan-i Cihan likes this.
  11. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Slowing down the game, adding gap units, buffing anti-cav and making them vulnerable to siege would be great.

12. adrifranchise

adrifranchise Chieftain

In between this DLC and the next is the month of June. They even said they are treating this different so I wouldn’t go off of the past too much

13. kotpeter

kotpeter Chieftain

My wishlist:

1) Make anti-cav class viable by reworking its combat penalties and promotion tree. I'd prefer it not to have -10 CS vs melee (and have weakened or reworked promotions for melee combat), because otherwise spearmen and pikemen just suck early game. Swordsmen kill both. And musketmen kill pike&shots with ease. The unit class is just not viable how it is.

2) Make Infantry not require oil. Self-explanatory, I think.

3) Make military training and Theology obtainable without Political Philosophy (would open up some interesting strategies).

4) Buff monarchy (+ to influence points is very meh).

5) Buff worship buildings (3rd buildings in holy sites), they should provide at least 5 base faith.

6) Condemn heretics should have downsides besides war declaration (temporary loyalty or amenity reduction)

7) Nerf advanced flight's planes. They're just too good defensively.

That's all for a single patch.

14. Haig

Haig Deity

@kotpeter good suggestions but I disagree with 1) because apart from combating cavalry unit, the anti-cav units are just cannon fodder, and the melee class units which usually cost strat.resources are premier units so they should get the str bonus against anti-cav. It makes the strategic resources more important. My current game I have loads of iron and coal, but I dont have oil on my map so that might cause me trouble as my neighbors have started building tanks.

Thormodr and acluewithout like this.
  15. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

Being able to toggle off a Civ in the player setup screen would be pretty handy. Currently you can select from the large list of leaders, why not have the selection say "NOT <Leader Name>". Grey out the leader head and icon, and have that slot occupied by a random leader. Make that selection override further random leader selections in your game setup.
    You might end up with something like:
    Player (me) using Pericles, AI Gorgo, AI Pete, AI Phil, 6 Random AI leaders but not Tomyris, Kupe, Cyrus or Wilhemina.

Pietato, Leucarum, Thormodr and 2 others like this.
  16. kotpeter

kotpeter Chieftain

I get where you're coming from, and I agree. Though not having strategic resources should not be an auto-lose like it is now for classical/medieval eras (not having iron or niter is a doom if a good player is attacking you). The anti-cavs should be good enough for their era to stand the ground against melee if backed by forts/walls/encampments, Victor's promotions, Moksha's "Laying on of Hands" or Defenders of Faith belief. I mean, they should be weaker than melee, but not by 10 power. Maybe by 5 max.

17. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

Just don't play apocalypse?

CPWimmer, Zaarin and pokiehl like this.
  18. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I can't tell you which one it is, but one of the mods I'm using added that feature relatively recently (I noticed it when I set up my Maya game). It's probably Sukritact's Civ Selection Screen.

snakeboy likes this.
  19. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

For me it's Yet not another map pack, I think : ) I don't use Sukritact's selection screen, but for me it's possible too.

Zaarin likes this.
  20. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

That would have been my second guess. Those are the only two mods I use that affect the game setup UI.