1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] June update speculation and wish list

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by acluewithout, May 24, 2020.

1. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

"Please declare peace with my friend, ______."

2. oSiyeza

oSiyeza Prince

I think you could make a case for the unit being very bad designed even inside the mod.
    • Disasters cannot be used as a weapon now.
    • Soothsayers are very weak, and promotions are not good enough and cannot be reliably used.
    You could make the unit better, give it some range to cast disasters. Use the sacrifice mechanic to win promotions, integrate it with the religious units, give us an alternative visual modern replacement...

The probelm is not that the unit does not fit the regular game. It does not even fit the apocalypse mode. It is the most pointless thing the game has so far...

Elhoim likes this.
  3. Fampat

Fampat Chieftain

you can use it as a fertilizer on forest-tiles, cant you? :D

4. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

I want to be able to buy tiles from the AI : ) I think that would be a cool feature.

5. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Or ask for certain tiles in a war. Could include tiles with wonders.

Inawordyes, King Rad, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
  6. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

I for one still hope for at least a "Trebuchet" unit. So much!
    Other units, like additional infantry and naval units would be great, too - but nothing is so much missing as a new siege unit to cover the gap.

In respect to the User Interface:
    I would hope they "finish their job" regarding the cities yield list:
    1) Grant us a sort functionally, finally (and pretty pelase with cherry on the top!)
    2) Let us jump to a city directly from this menu. I mean ... isn't this a key point in a modern UI in 2020? I've seen this in so many other games ('Anno 1800' is doing a great job here, for example Look at their statistic feature!) Aren't you ashamed of yourself, Firaxis? ;)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  7. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

How I wish the Gossip system gets reworked. I want gossip to be part of Espionage and not just a side feature bonus from diplomatic relations.

acluewithout likes this.
  8. Kibikus

Kibikus Warlord

With Firaxis committing to a full year support of Civ VI, I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll have a thorough look at the game, work on game balance, fix bugs and exploits, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Here are a few things I'd like to see during this year (hopefully sooner, rather than later):

· Lake Flooding – tiles adjacent to lakes shouldn’t be affected by rising sea levels

· Add another bonus to Foreign Ministry that’s also useful in peaceful situations – influence points/turn, diplo favor/turn, etc.

· Add another bonus to Grand Master’s Chapel that’s useful for religious victory (I know, right?) – 1 extra spread or 1 extra movement for religious units, something like that

· Power creep with Natural wonders – buff some of the old NW, especially those that add yields to their own tile, rather than surrounding ones (Cliffs of Dover, Crater Lake, etc.) Either make the yields significant (+10 for example), or add some kind of effect for owning the tile like with Zhangye Danxia

· Bring back Renew Alliance button with a 5-turn notification before the alliance expires

· Scored competitions (World Games, World Fair, etc.) – don’t feel impactful enough, and come too late, maybe add some earlier ones, buff the rewards

· Excess amenities (above +3) – add some kind of small bonus to the city yields/GPP/etc.

· Rebalance pantheons (once again) – they are in a better place, but some are still much stronger, and some are rarely picked. While you’re at it, add a pantheon for farms

· Rebalance religious beliefs

· Connect religion and diplomacy – diplo favor per turn for every foreign civ that follows your religion

· City-states – if you’re a friend/ally with an AI, they shouldn’t be able to attack your vassal city-states

· Allow Military Engineers to build roads for free

· Rebalance Golden Age dedications - maybe add a couple more for each era, but still limit the choice to 4, so there is some variability

There's also a lot of UI issues, but at this point there's a ton of excellent mods out there, so I don't mind it that much. Maybe add some more to the game (Better Report Screen and More Lenses for example), like you did with Map Tacks and Diplo Ribbon.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  9. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Eh, the difference between a diplomat and a spy is that the other civ knows the diplomat is there. ;) Plus, I don't want to be dragged any further into the espionage system, which is dull enough as it is.

racha, SammyKhalifa and sonicmyst like this.
  10. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

But historically, some spies pose as diplomats, right? I feel like gossiping and espionage can be used to add flavor and not as separate mechanics.

Or maybe I was watching too many political Netflix series....

11. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

- losing envoy progression for warmongers by taking city states (double effect), civ capitals (double effects, conquered/razed Non capital cities cities (half effects).
    - more agression in second part of the game. Preferable larger coalitions.
    - science points generation nerf. (Increasing game length. (Just finished an epic speed, immortal difficulty, game turn 477 out of 750 turns).
    - more interaction negotiating world council to vote in favor of another civ.
    - the AI should prioritize tile improvements more
    - the AI should rebuild military strenght faster. So often a smaller AI does not have a standing army.
    - give us the option to remove soothsayers from the new game mode as it breaks immersion/realism.
    - further AI improvements of course. (Land, air and sea)
    - the AI should try to win a victory type during late game. Not slack off and give us humans a good time. Focus and frustrate a
    winning civ.

12. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

My point is that part of a diplomat's job is to spy, so it makes sense that your diplomats and ambassadors are keeping you apprised of developments in their assigned civilization.

Duuk and RohirrimElf like this.
  13. Truronian

Truronian Quite unfamiliar Retired Moderator

This may not be a major thing, but I would really like desert floodplains to be rename to 'silt' or something. That way actually flooding riverbanks in deserts could keep the floodplain name and it would be much easier to work out where dams could go!

14. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

I wouldn't mind an Isolationist policy card which allowed you to skip World Congress voting.

MisterBoomBoom, Duuk and The Civs 6 like this.
  15. Kibikus

Kibikus Warlord

I'd like to see a section in the option menu to customize the notification types we see. There are some that I really don't care about, like city-states declaring war, city-states declaring peace, etc., so having the option to toggle them off would be nice.

WillowBrook likes this.
  16. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

I maintain my original idea for this, which could make it SO much easier and better looking:

A war report screen for if you're at war, which you can minimize as desired, and which is hidden but can be looked up for when others are at war.

In this screen you simply see this:

WWII participants.png
    (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II)

If City States are added or leave, the screen can just change.

Instead of Allies and Axis you can have it say "Attackers/Aggressors" and "Defenders" or something like it, so you can even clearly see who started the war.

Maybe even state the type of war.

Edit:
    Civ participants.png
    Quick mock-up with some ideas. Images copied from https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Civilization_VI

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  17. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

I'm realistic so I'm not going to be too ambitious...

Can we get the Phoenician cothon bug fixed? It's supposed to completely heal your naval units in one turn, but doesn't work as intended. Then again, Mvemba's religious bonus was bugged for a couple years, so maybe I am being too ambitious.

18. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I would like to see some additional game systems assigned to game modes now that they have added that capability, specifically the World Congress, but that doesn't seem likely.

Diplomacy still has some gaping holes, specifically map trading and technology trading (or boost trading, at least). They also need to add a demand to stop attacking a city-state you are suzerain of. These seem like quite reasonable requests imo.

When railroads are unlocked city and district tiles should automatically upgrade to them.

Iron (representing steel) should be required for late game vehicle/ armored units. Niter (representing explosives) should be required for Mountain Tunnels. Units and buildings should be able to have more than one resource required for both build and maintenance costs. I don't know what to do about horses, but it would be nice if they had some benefit after they are no longer useful for units...or at least allow them to be harvested after a certain point.

Pfeffersack likes this.
  19. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

It would be interesting to have buildings producing resources from other resources, like a steel foundery which produce steel from iron and coal.

Duuk, borad and Pfeffersack like this.
  20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Warlord

Yeah, I find it... hm, I'm not sure. A lot of it is noise I don't need to know. Does it really matter if Egypt is trading with America? It does come up with useful info, but not particularly often. And if there's one thing I *hate* about the Gossip system, it's that it frequently spoils who the unknown civs are. I like the surprise.