Just wondering, did ANYONE ever think about a Wizard of Oz mod?

is this a good idea?

• Great idea

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • good

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • bad

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • totally blows

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axid

Owner of the Grail
my dad thought of this idea and it got me thinking. this could quite possibly be one of the most interesting things you could have, if you could do a scenario. this would prabably work better on Civ 2, but it could be interesting. just thought i'd toss this out there and see what kind of response i get.

I see the only entertainment value as being the witch's sound effects when she crunches the munchkins...and that little dog too :)

Then again, that is enough entertainment value to get me to play it once or twice, and usually I don't touch mods as they're too much work (yeah, right (so shoot me, I'm a slacker :) ) to install. Keep in mind, I did vote the highest score on this poll for you. Now, I want my cash :)

sorry cazovi, but there's no cash prize. thanks for the vote.

i need help witht this if i'm going to think about it. as i said thought i will prob need to wait till you can ACTUALLY make a scenario with cities and all that mess placed already. so basically this is a discusion and if anyone wants to try to do it, i'll help em. just thought this could prove interesting.

alright *hands cazovi a million dollars* that make you happy? it had better cause i'm broke now. so now one else ask for money please.:D

I didn't really manage to vote in the poll, but I would have voted the best thing (great idea!).
I really like this idea, and actually I don't think we need to wait for a scenario editor... Just make a few civs, revamp the tech tree completely, and that's it...
Here's what I suggest:
==========================
Civ name - The jungle kingdom
leader - the cowardly lion
units: lions, and tigers, and bears (oh my!). Perhaps also elephants. Every type would have different sub types [bears are defensive, so you have the black bear, the brown bear, the polar bear and the grizly bear or whatever. tigers and lions are the offensive and both keep appearing all along the ages with the lions as the tougher and slower fighters, and tigers are the slightly weaker and faster fighters] you can make swimming elephants as the sea-units.
===========================
civ name - the tin folks (or whatever)
leader - the tin man
Units: tin men - these are the high-tech people. Doesn't really matter what we give them, it just has to be made of tin...
civ name - emerald city
leader - the wizard of oz
units - this will be a sorta fantasy type army with an emphasis on medieva and magical units... perhaps also munchkins could be their workers...
civ name - the bad guys ( :lol: )
leader - the wicked witch of the west
units: lots of the wicked witch's servant. Only very weak sea units as the leader hates water...

Qudduya think?
I like the idea and any developement will make me glad...

I want a green flamethrower....

Anyway, I would enjoy crushing those munchkins with winged monkeys :)

i was beggining to think that this would be a waste of time, but i guess there are people interested in this. especially if yo go by the poll. . .

i love your ideas, it would be cool if we could get some of the unit animators to work on these units, but i don't htink that will happen for a while.

would you care to help me with this? i'm not very good at doing the mod part of it, at least i don't think i am as i haven't finished a mod yet. . . . but i am working on one right now. i would really appreciate your help and ideas, especially with the tech tree.

i think this would be alot of fun to do. i agree with cazovi, it would be fun to beat the munchkins with winged monkeys.;) :lol:

In fact, I think that what civ3 needs is a winged monkey mod, you could have monkeys as a strategic resource in jungles...medieval air units :D

Jungles need to have more uses anyway....but yeah, if I can find some free time between high school, college, learning C and precalc on my own, I'll help you ;p

Don't know if I could do any unit animations, haven't played with lightwave in ages.......I wonder if I could use terragen to do terrains....I'll have to look into that, though I'll prolly forget :)

Actually, I was just suggesting ideas... I have no experience in mod or unit creation... But if this mod would be made, it would really rock! The tech tree, improvements, and wonders will be a problem...

A wizard of Oz mod would be cool!

Only problem is how much effort is required to create just one new unit :(

I suppose you could always do them with no animation, but it's not quite as good is it?

Ya, but then my computer would be able to cope better :)

i would do it without new animations, but i can't even edit a pcx file. my pc won't download anything bigger than 1.5 Megabytes, so that is a slight prob. and i don't have flicster either. if does anyone here have that?, and would they be willing to just draw a pic of them? if so that would be fine, cause i have wished there was a way to take off animations if you wanted to. no such luck.

anyways, i'd be willing to do the bulk of the actual creating the stuff:crazyeye: , but your right Shadow Flame, the buildings, wonders and tech tree would be difficult to rename. i really do want to do this though. but as i said i will need help and ideas.

Actually, I thought about the tech tree... Maybe we could make with very few techs per age that only add units and are super expensive? That way people would want to give research money, but only for units [and govs, see idea below], which is good, because this mod will probably be purely for warmongering... Also there should be no possibility of diplomacy and trade, except declaring war maybe... Improvements should all be gov specific, with every civ requiring a certain gov to be able to make most of their civ-specific units, if it is possible to make certain imps a prerequisite for units... That way we would have civ-specific imps... Any how, this mod would be pretty hard to make, though probably worth the effort...

that is definatly a good idea. but here's the real questoin. what units to have in the game?:crazyeye: that will be a toughy, and what buildings. here's a idea. one age, with about 20 techs. what do you think about that?:p

I like that idea, mainly because it doesn't matter nor does it interfere with my other suggestions...
How about we start finalizing what we plan to do, and then start doing it?
Contact me via ICQ (if possible) my number is 117270057...

BTW, this mod idea making stage is open to all, not just me and Axid... So feel free to give ideas!

what is the ICQ? i sure don't ahve it and have noidea were to find it.

i agree we need to get past the idea stage and start working on it.

and as ShadowFlame said, This is not just for me and him. if anyone wants a specific unit or idea or something in this, we will need your suggestions, cause we may or may not think of it. if you have any idea, even if you think it's stupid, suggest it. it might turn out being a great idea. you never know.

we need to think of names for cities and civs, and leaders at that. if someone has read the continued series of the Wizard of oz and know's of civs cities and leaders please post them here. it will be greatly apprecitated. thanks

ICQ is an Israeli invention that was developed outside Israel and has become extremely popular. As to what it is - it\s an instant messenger service, like AIM or Y!IM or MSMSGR... In my opinion it excells above all the others.
Go to www.icq.com and get your copy of ICQ today!
BTW, if you don't like the most recent version [that I love and many detest] I can give you the setup file for the version before...
Anyhow, get ICQ now and add me to your list or tell me your number and I will add you... And perhaps you should read the ICQ tour on the website to get to understand the program...

And yet again this message is to _EVERYBODY_ [who doesn't know what ICQ is] and not only to Axid...

Again, my ICQ number [for those who download it or have it already] is 117270057

thanks, i'll go take a look at it.

if we're going to do something with this. why odn't we start and see what happens? any suggestions welcome.

Top Bottom