Kael's journey with Fallen Enchantress

Alexej, there's been some patches to MoM after 1.41 and there's also an interesting alpha build available ( it's stable and fun so don't let the alpha label scare you away ) ;)

Has anyone tried the expansion packs of Warlock? Do they make the game more challenging?
It's actually not a bad game IMO, but it's too easy to win even on impossible.
Sorry for reviving the thread with a slightly off-topic question but I figured it might be a better idea to ask you guys instead of the official forum.

well, it seems they acknowledged the lack of challenge from AIs and added another layer of challenge from the environment. not sure if it makes it more challenging though :D

[to_xp]Gekko;12664358 said:
well, it seems they acknowledged the lack of challenge from AIs and added another layer of challenge from the environment. not sure if it makes it more challenging though :D
I see. So instead of implementing a better AI they just added more barbs?

[to_xp]Gekko;12665480 said:
yes, that's basically what they have done. but do look for a more indepth analysis :)
Thanks, Gekko :) I'm not sure I need a more indepth analysis :) Shame about the game though, seems they won't release any more new contents.

you think that's bad? Age of Wonders 3 got delayed till spring 2014 :cry:

although I gotta say, it's pretty funny to see how tbs fans react to it: "it's cool, just make it perfect"

as opposed to fans of other genres which go berserk when games are delayed :lol:

[to_xp]Gekko;12665768 said:
you think that's bad? Age of Wonders 3 got delayed till spring 2014 :cry:

although I gotta say, it's pretty funny to see how tbs fans react to it: "it's cool, just make it perfect"
I hope it's going to be great, although the thing I used to miss most in AoW1 and 2 were randomly generated maps which I guess won't be part of ed3 either :sad:

[to_xp]Gekko;12665768 said:
"it's cool, just make it perfect"

That was exactly my reaction :lol:

Since we went off topic, how about this to relate it back... How does Warlock compare to FE Legendary Heroes? I own Warlock but have only played it a little. I enjoyed what I have played of it. I don't have any of the Elemental games.

I don't have LH yet, so I can only relate to the base FE. They're fairly different games, Warlock having a fairly simple economic model (spamming cities and specializing them will always be optimal, whatever map you get, whatever race you play) while FE economic / military strategy needs adjusting to the map, to your hero, etc. FE IMO offers a bit more possibilities, but Warlock is more streamlined. I like both games actually, but for different reasons. Neither game has a particularily smart AI (yet), unfortunately.

EDIT: Forgot something important: Warlock suffers from the same limitation as Civ5 (1 unit / tile) while FE has AoW-like limited 'stacks' which is a lot more convenient.

I hope it's going to be great, although the thing I used to miss most in AoW1 and 2 were randomly generated maps which I guess won't be part of ed3 either :sad:
Huh?! I always play random maps in AOW2 SM.

Since we went off topic, how about this to relate it back... How does Warlock compare to FE Legendary Heroes? I own Warlock but have only played it a little. I enjoyed what I have played of it. I don't have any of the Elemental games.
Hmm, I didn't play Warlock yet but I played FE with expansion and didn't like it at all. No idea what people see in this game. I hope Stardock goes back to their SciFi games now and make GalCiv3, they have way more talent for those than for fantasy TBS.

Eador was nice though. I just hope they add more races and full multiplayer in an expansion. Besides that, I'm looking mostly forward to Dom4 and AOW3.

yay, VP of a dying company. grats.

Why do you say it is a dying company Aroddo? Everything I've seen indicates they are doing well. They got a ton of money by selling Impulse to GameStop. It was so much money that Brad decided to create an investment fund that will help new game studios and software ventures. Stardock also recently launched a mobile division/unit to create games for mobile devices. Apparently one of their first mobile games is a new version of the Somnium game that was in FFH2. Kael started a thread about it.

i thought Stardock was hit so hard by the epic fail of Elemental:WoM that they HAD to sell Impulse.
And their former cash-cow Windows Blinds can't be doing great either.

No reason for anyone to take anything personally, I certainly don't.

For Aroddo, Stardock has some really exciting announcements coming out in the next few weeks. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. And you are correct that WoM was a financial disappointment. But the biggest cost of WoM wasn't in the loss of sales, but in the fact that Stardock opted to give everyone who bought it FE and FE:LH for free. That's a lot of lost revenue to our most hardcore fans.

It was a great move. It was also one of the major reasons I came to Stardock (I love a company that stands behinds its products and is willing to take short term financial losses to do the right thing).

The selling of Impulse wasn't about keeping Stardock afloat. Impulse made money (not Steam level money, but 10% of Steam level money isn't to shabby). Selling Impulse was about focusing the company on the other things it does. That money is being used to invest in other things. Stardock Entertainment is profitable, it isn't eating any reserves or war chest. (that last sentence is really important to me since it means that we can take the time we need for our games and not have to push early to stay profitable).

Lots of success with your new job, Kael :goodjob: Besides, I'm a relative newcomer to FFH2 so I never had the chance to thank you for the game :thanx: Are there any further expansions in sight for Fallen Enchantress?

Top Bottom