Killer taunts victims family via the net

forget the constituion
forget about this scumbag's rehabilitation.
forget about process and legality and so on and so forth. just for a few hours.

then hire a couple of rednecks to take this guy out back and beat the living **** out of him, as that is what ( in my opinion) his actions warrant. Give him some physical pain. Then carry on as normal. A temporary pummiling for him in return for a minor harrassment of a grieving mother. fair? no?

His pen pal needs to have his ass kicked too.

There are some sick, sick people in the world... who in their right mind would do something about this? Can't they change him with verbal harrassment?? You can't just stand in the town square yelling obscenities to people, so why should this dirtbag be able to verbally tortune these people again and again??

Originally posted by rmsharpe

Are you saying that black men are genetically predisposed towards crime and failure?

And there was no theft in the Soviet Union? No theft in Romania? No theft in Vietnam? Give me a break.

1. Not saying they are predisposed, but according to surveys in either the New Yorker or the Economist (can't remember) a majority of the felons are black males.

2. I am not saying there was NO theft, but there still was less theft than if the nation had remained Tsarist or even under the Anti-semitic Republic led by Karensky because (and I just had a long discussion from a woman who lived near Moscow) everyone WAS more or less equal.

And don't think that I have not been in touch with the real world or trying to say that it is ok to steal and stuff. My grandfather was brutally beaten and nearly died a few months ago because 3 armed bandits, one with a sawed off shotgun, one with a knife, and one with a Kalashnikov rifle broke in and demanded money, then proceeded to hit and kick my grandfather. However, my grandfather described them as being fairly frail and malbourished. These aren't people who live in fancy mansions and drive Mercedes Benzes.

Originally posted by thestonesfan

Mr. Cackle was, clearly. And you defended his statement as humane.

first, you were (as usual) totally misunderstanding him (has no teacher ever told you that poalrizing a statment will always make it false?), second, it is indeed humane NOT to punish thiefs has harshly as robbers, nor traffic offenders as harshly as rapists.
But in your arrogant self-proclaimed white vest you seem to feel so superior that you probably can only condem pnon-perfect people to hell :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rmsharpe
Criminals in prison do not have the same rights. They should be immediately stripped of United States citizenship and all of it's privlages.

They tried to screw America, so we should screw back, double time.

Well I agree with you sentment that the idea of prisoner's getting all this special treatment is crazy, I dont think the right idea is to strip them of citizenship. Exspecially if it was a small crime.

1st amendment guarantees the right to speak your mind, but not to harrass, torture verbally and insult others!

Ah, carlos, but where does it end? Who decides what constitutes "verbal insults or torture?" A LOT of the material out there about Bush would quite easily fall under that category, without even stretching things much.

Originally posted by carlosMM
1st amendment guarantees the right to speak your mind, but not to harrass, torture verbally and insult others! Why do so many Americans NOT understand that a right is only avaiable as long as it does NOT interfere with the rights of others!

I'd have to agree with you there.

Now to the fact that "only the poor and destitute" have all these HUGE problems to overcome in life. BULLCRAP! I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting REALLY tired of the "poor poor pitiful me"...."oh, its not his fault, he grew up in a slum in the bronx" <sigh>

There are ways out of that excuse, IF they are really interested in "getting out"!

The point remains that they take the "easy way", hell why should we expect them to go get a minimum wage job, and go to school at the same time, when they can steal, sell drugs, or sell themselves for a LOT more money, and a lot less effort.
As for "not getting a couple meals a day" that is crap too. I could point to any direction in a major city and find a "mission", church or other organization that has 3 meals a day offered for little or no charge. In fact here in Phoenix we have several county run organizations that serve meals 3 times a day, offer bus fare or a free ride to work via "their bus", will give you formula for a baby, clothes for any of your family members, and at times pay some of your utilities for you. If they are willing to look there ARE options open to them.

These people simply take the excuse that they are "poor, black kids" and use it to their advantage. I have seen MANY "poor, black kids" that actually did something with their lives instead of using it as an excuse they used it as a "I'm not going to become a stat". But there will ALWAYS be those kids who have been brought up, by someone who was brought up the same way, to believe that because the are poor they can't accomplish what they want to. If they have the will and the right attitude they can accomplish more than "just hangin' out on the street corner"

Originally posted by Lyonesse

I'd have to agree with you there.

Now to the fact that "only the poor and destitute" have all these HUGE problems to overcome in life. BULLCRAP! I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting REALLY tired of the "poor poor pitiful me"...."oh, its not his fault, he grew up in a slum in the bronx" <sigh>

There are ways out of that excuse, IF they are really interested in "getting out"!

The point remains that they take the "easy way", hell why should we expect them to go get a minimum wage job, and go to school at the same time, when they can steal, sell drugs, or sell themselves for a LOT more money, and a lot less effort.
As for "not getting a couple meals a day" that is crap too. I could point to any direction in a major city and find a "mission", church or other organization that has 3 meals a day offered for little or no charge. In fact here in Phoenix we have several county run organizations that serve meals 3 times a day, offer bus fare or a free ride to work via "their bus", will give you formula for a baby, clothes for any of your family members, and at times pay some of your utilities for you. If they are willing to look there ARE options open to them.

These people simply take the excuse that they are "poor, black kids" and use it to their advantage. I have seen MANY "poor, black kids" that actually did something with their lives instead of using it as an excuse they used it as a "I'm not going to become a stat". But there will ALWAYS be those kids who have been brought up, by someone who was brought up the same way, to believe that because the are poor they can't accomplish what they want to. If they have the will and the right attitude they can accomplish more than "just hangin' out on the street corner"

Yes, and those black kids who do somethign with their lives are the lucky ones, who had somebody to guide them all the time and who got reasonably good education. Yes, they had great determination and courage to raise themselves above the ordinary and win, despite all the odds, but we are talking about the not so ordinary ones. I am referring to those who can get a gun easier than they can get a notebook ( not a phenomenon unique to the US mind you), I am talking about those whose parents spent most of their time in an alcoholic and/or drug induced haze and could'nt care less, if their kids lived or died. I am talking about those whose schools shut down because of no funding and no facilites. I am talking about those whose morning started with the words, "Thank God I am not dead!"
It is very, very easy to sit in a reasonably comfortable home, in a reasonably safe environment, where police sirens are the exception rather than the norm and talk about how poor, black kids should raise themselves out of poverty. I also lay the blame squarely on that portion of the black community, which has access to wealth and power, yet does little for those much , much less privileged.
As an example, in South India, when the backward caste movement began, the previously maligned untouchables did not sit back and wait for the govt. to do something. Those among them who had wealth and status, did not forget their roots, but went back and set up colleges and hostels for youth and primary schools for children. Even today, most of these institutions prefer those of the backward castes for admission as against any other caste. Result: All South Indian state have literacy rates well above the national average and the politics here, is not the monopoly of the high castes. Similarly, crime levels in the four South Indian states and their larger cities are much below the national average as is life expectancy. Kerala, even has life expectancy figures, near those of European countries and the USA.
The story of Phoolan Devi, the dreaded female dacoit of the Chambal valley in India is well known. She was a low caste, who one day was repeatedly raped and beaten by members of a higher caste. She then joined the gang of dacoits who had kidnapped her, and had gradually took over its leadership along with her lover. Her campaign of terror revolved around how much death and destruction she could bring on her former oppressors, the high castes, irrespective of whether they had anything to do with her. She did'nt take to crime because she was "weak" or "lazy" or even sadistic and masochistic, indeed she surrendered in 1985 to the MP police and served a 15 year jail sentence. She took to crime to avenge her humiliation and deprivation.
It is all very well to expect people to live off charity, but it is a form of humiliation as well. It is arrogant to say that just because they get charity, they have no right to complain. These kids also want dignity and power, and if a gun is going to bring it about, then so be it.
Just filling up the jails with them isnt going to solve the problem anytime soon.

Originally posted by allhailIndia

I am referring to those who can get a gun easier than they can get a notebook ( not a phenomenon unique to the US mind you), I am talking about those whose parents spent most of their time in an alcoholic and/or drug induced haze and could'nt care less, if their kids lived or died.

Yep, and its just as easy for two white kids in a nice Colorado community to do the same. As well as anyone else with the will, can get a gun without much of a problem. Those two white boys in Colorado were not from "poor neighborhoods" mind you. They had "good" parents, and everything "seemed okay" at the time. It was only hindsight that people saw what the "little clues" these boys were exhibiting. Crime is not only for the "poor". Therefore my statement, The poor are not the only ones who can "go bad". Being poor is just a good excuse, for when that time comes that you stand in front of the judge and say "forgive me all my wrong doings, I was a poor black kid in a poor neighborhood, with parents that didn't care, didn't know any other way, I deserve a second chance" Only to have them returned to society to start right back where they left off.

I am talking about those whose schools shut down because of no funding and no facilites.

Yes, I'm afraid this is all too true, yet no one wants to stand up, take notice AND do something about it.

I am talking about those whose morning started with the words, "Thank God I am not dead!"

Well I can't say I ever woke up to that feeling. But then I came from a "middle class" family, so you were expecting that. But you want to know what I did say each morning from the time I was 12, and up until about 3 years ago (yep, 18 years )? "God, why aren't I dead?" Its not only the poor kids that go through pain, anger, trials, feeling alone and helpless, not knowing where to turn. Believe me I was there for 18 YEARS! Yet, I found the strength to go on, not give in! It is in everyone! Wether or not they are poor, rich, white, black or purple. Its there if they take time enough to look for it. But the mindset is already in place, its been there for decades. "Its not my fault I did these crimes, my childhood was hell, I didn't know any better." Well I'll tell you what, my childhood was not heaven for me, that does not give me a warrent to go out and commit any crime without penalty.

It is very, very easy to sit in a reasonably comfortable home, in a reasonably safe environment, where police sirens are the exception rather than the norm and talk about how poor, black kids should raise themselves out of poverty. I also lay the blame squarely on that portion of the black community, which has access to wealth and power, yet does little for those much , much less privileged.

You are correct on a few things but before you consider me sitting in a nice high scale neighborhood, maybe you should find out more about me. "Luckily" for me and my family are "Lower middle class"! Yep, not "rich" not even "Upper middle class"! This still gives me know warrant to go and steal some CD, just because, I'm "hungry and can't afford it." <sigh>I've been hungry before, trust me on this one, but I never felt the need to steal from anyone because of it. Also, in no way am I saying its only the poor black boys, there are pleanty poor other boys out there in the same situation. But those white boys do get to use that "I'm just a poor white boy" excuse, for some reason they are not allowed to use it, it never sticks! The mindset is cast! And they are using it for all its worth!

As an example, in South India, when the backward caste movement began, the previously maligned untouchables did not sit back and wait for the govt. to do something. Those among them who had wealth and status, did not forget their roots, but went back and set up colleges and hostels for youth and primary schools for children. Even today, most of these institutions prefer those of the backward castes for admission as against any other caste. Result: All South Indian state have literacy rates well above the national average and the politics here, is not the monopoly of the high castes. Similarly, crime levels in the four South Indian states and their larger cities are much below the national average as is life expectancy. Kerala, even has life expectancy figures, near those of European countries and the USA.

I agree with you on this one. There are those out there that sit and moan about it, yet do nothing! Therefore the reason I said we need someone (preferably with power, if I did it people would laugh at me and keep on walking) to stand up, take notice and DO SOMETHING!

She took to crime to avenge her humiliation and deprivation.

And these kids take to crime because they are "poor" I'm sorry but that doesn't convince me of a good reason.

It is arrogant to say that just because they get charity, they have no right to complain.

NEVER did I say they didn't have the right to complain, NEVER. But to sit and dwell on it day in and day out, to be taught the phrase "its not your fault your poor" from day one is an entirely different thing. But I will tell you, those moms that bring their kids into the shelter for food and a bed, ALWAYS say thank you, over and over again, and they are told "you're welcome" and "no problem" all the time! Yet the minute they step outside the shelter they get ribbed and made fun of by the same people who share their situation, who refuse to seek help because it makes them seem weak. The excuse breeds in some unfortunately.

These kids also want dignity and power, and if a gun is going to bring it about, then so be it.

Yes some do turn to violence. But there are also the ones that go down to the YMCA and play basketball. It all plays into how oneself is made out to be by others. And you are right, the parents and community are the ones most at fault.

Just filling up the jails with them isnt going to solve the problem anytime soon.

No its not the answer. There is soooo much that needs to change. But to let these kids get off with a slap on the hand because they use the "I'm a poor black child" defense irritates me to the bone!

speedo: quite right, where is the line?

to me, too, a lot of the stuff about Bush is below the waistline, but in the case we are debating here the mother is NOT someone who SOUGHT public office and thus publicity and did IN NO WAY provoke the verbal assault. Clearly, shut hte dickhead up, and take his letters away from him. from now on, he should be censored.

personally, I would like to see rapists and other scumbags killed, quickly, but there simply is NO WAY to avoid errors - so, nocando.

Originally posted by cgannon64
I cannot understand how someone would enjoy killing someone with a hammer, enjoy it enough to do it again.

And I never will.

It is really very fun! You feel the power you have as you are about to strike, I love the power. It's time to kill again!:hammer:

If the individual is on death row, then rehabilitation has taken a back seat, quite obviously. Therefore, strictly control their visitors and forbid any output of information; no new penpals, no girlfriends, no letters that are not censored. Visits are a privilege, and to be confined to priest or immediate family. If they violate these conditions, then absolute solitary with sensory deprivation should give them a nice way to wait for the executioner's song.

That is a short term solution, even though it does not help the victim's family in this case. The longer term issue is condemned criminals sitting around on death row for 10-20 years, which is quite unwieldy. This needs to be cut to a matter of weeks, which allows for a far smoother process.

Top Bottom