Kindred Spirits Promotions

Valkrionn

The Hamster King
Alright, my animal spawning system for Doviello+ is working perfectly. To 'unlock' new animals, you need to build a national wonder in one of your cities... I'd like to add a Kindred Spirit promotion to each unit built in a city with one of these wonders. Right now, I have:

All promotions now start with a minor effect, that allows you to gain another promotion as the unit levels. I'm not sure about any of the prereqs, but I like the effects. Bear in mind, these promotions will all be new, aside from maybe Courage and Magic Immune... This means your warrior with Bear Kindred, Sign of the Bear, whatever I call it, will have the effects of March, and still be able to take March on top of that.

• Bear - March - Strong (Requires Combat 4)
  • Wolf - 2 First Strikes - 1 Movement (Requires Drill 3)
  • Lion - Courage - Mesmerize Animal (Requires Level 5)
  • Griffin - Extra Sight - Move Impassable (Requires Combat 2/Drill 2)
  • Stag - Magic Resistance - Magic Immune (Requires Combat 5)
  • Mammoth - 2xp - Can Ride Mammoths (Requires Level 4)
Not sure about the prereqs for the second Griffin promotion...

The second Lion promotion will allow the Doviello to 'capture' Tigers and Gorillas.

The second Stag promotion has a high prereq because it includes immunity to all diseases.

The second Mammoth promotion will allow the unit to become a Mammoth Rider when on the same tile as a mammoth, requiring the sacrifice of the Mammoth. This will of course include carrying all previous promotions over to the new unit... :p

Bear - +1 Strength is perfect
Wolf - First strikes is reasonable. +1 Move would work as well.
Lion - ignoring movement cost doesn't really fit. Immune to fear(or heck, just the courage promotion) fits lion better.
Griffon - Cruising over mountains is neat...but not nearly as cool as any of the other abilities. I'd also increase visibility range(eagle eyes).
Stag - Sounds good...but won't most units still be unable to learn spells?

I don't believe that giving Channeling I to a non-unitcombat_adept unit would allow the unit to learn any spells in normal FfH or FF. You could easily make the sphere promotions valid for other unitcombats though (as I did in my version). If you do that, You'd probably want to remove Channeling 1 from units like Devouts and Vampires, and to remove the channeling1 prereq from all the level 1 spells.

Wow when this is done I think I am actually going to play some Doviello games XD
Can these be built in the same city?

Wouldn't the Griffon one result in a nation with part of its army able to walk over mountains and part of it not able too?

Stag could grant a few free exp... or woodsman and magic resistance.

Thematically courage and +1 attack would make sense for lions, but that could be getting excessive if it stacked with the other wonders...

I'm only allowing one per city, and as the wolf den is the palace the capital will never be able to build one. think I'll go with magic resist and woodsman for the stag and i'll add sight to the griffin. courage for the lion is good, but a bit weak... maybe 10% strength too? I'll move terrain cost to the mammoth building... maybe 2xp with it. And yes the griffin will result in a split army... a small strike force coming in through the mountains while your main troops draw the fire. :satan:

For the lion, I think both Courage and Fear would be good.

For the bear, I think something along the lines of cannibalize. Maybe call it Fortitude of the Bear
perhaps just a toned down version of cannibalize

For the lion, I think both Courage and Fear would be good.

For the bear, I think something along the lines of cannibalize. Maybe call it Fortitude of the Bear
perhaps just a toned down version of cannibalize

Can't do cannibalize, that's the realm of the Baron. :lol: As for the lion, that sounds good... Think I'll go with it.

Hmm... my suggestions are

• Bear - March
  • Wolf - 2 First Strikes
  • Lion - Courage/+10% strength
  • Griffin - Extra Sight/Guerrilla 1
  • Stag - Magic Resistance/Woodsman 1
  • Mammoth - Ignore terrain movement costs, +2 xp.
Can Move Impassable and Fear strike me as too much. But on the whole my version is toned down quite a bit. I'm probably underestimating how hard to get and/or cheap the N. Wonders are.

Try griffins in Orbis and then tell me you still think FF griffins are scary. 6 base strength flying units whom you cannot capture before animal mastery (unitcombat_beast) and get defensive boni. They spawn in masses starting turn 10 or something.

Ability to gain a 'Move Impassable' promo after a certain level/prereq promo.

That could be very interesting if extended to other kindred lines - extra promos available after prereqs are met.

A significant amount of extra work, of course, but as long as I don't have to do it I'm OK with that. :)

Actually, both the Orbis and the new one have bare midriffs... The new one is dressed in furs, and has a claw weapon in one hand, so it fits much better. Can't really dress skimpily in the tundra, after all...

Personally, I think the whole 'BEWBS' thing is taken care of by Faeryl... I just want leader art that fits, and tells you that yes, Mahala is, in fact, female. :lol:

So are you saying that Faeryl brought enough for the rest of the class? :)

Top Bottom