King Units buildable

tom2050

Deity
It seems you can indeed build King units (with King ability, not AI strategy), and it almost always works. This is actually quite annoying, because it always happens.

If you have a unit, e.g. Warrior (regular unit). If the Warrior upgrades to another unit, but does not have the upgrade button checked, it should not be allowed to upgrade.

Let's say the Warrior upgrades to a King unit, "King Warrior" (does not have upgrade button checked).

The King Warrior will not show up as being able to be built, since it has King ability. These same King units are always on bottom of a stack.

But the game will randomly change production of a city building the Warrior into building the King Warrior during turns, even though it's not available to be built, and the Warrior cannot upgrade to the King Warrior.

And yes, the King Warrior unit will have the leaders name. It happens very often, and at first I thought it only happened when you research a new tech, but seems it even does it more often than that, even as often as every turn, or every few turns.

Now, I was using this for a certain circumstance, but seems I will need to rethink a different solution, since this can be used by a player for a huge advantage to obtaining certain units en masse.

I suppose it's just a game glitch.

EDIT: I know this is nothing new, but I guess there is no way to avoid this.

I kind of consider un-checking the upgrade button to prevent upgrades (while still obsoleting the unit) to be sort of a bug to begin with.

Top Bottom