1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

KiwiTT's Road to War - Bugs and Fixes

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by kiwitt, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Walderschmidt

Walderschmidt Chieftain

What about naval combat? Perhaps this feature could be used there?

Otherwise, I go to the other forums.

-Walderschmidt

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

TBH: Given that in Civ4 a unit graphic is an abstract representation it really is not worth complicating the game combat mechanics.

I see the RtW game as empire building, strategic decisions, city management, mass invasions, not as a game of unit versus unit. For that, you may want to look at another WWII Mod., which is more unit focused. http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13138

3. Supermarine2000

Supermarine2000 Chieftain

dude...in 1940 in your 0.33 version...i have the tech to do nuclear bombs, because when the team "italy+germany+vichi france" born...in 4 or 5 turn i can develop every technology in 1 turn...form the allies the same thing...anyway...but now finally i can install well your mod....

4. kiwitt

NOTE: To actual build the nuclear weapon takes years. Something in the region of 100,000 hammers for an Atomic Bomb and 200,000 hammers for ICBM.

I am considering making other higher tech units significantly longer to build. So while you have the knowledge of the technology, because of the complexity.

5. Supermarine2000

Supermarine2000 Chieftain

yes i can note that in the game....but trying to do historic this mod...maybe the technology to DO nuclear weapons it may increase a lot more....or fix that bug to develop every technology in 1 turn....

anyway...i love your mod..i am waiting your new release..congratulations kiwitt

6. kiwitt

NOTE: I do not think it is a bug per se. As I believe that new allies may have developed the technologies in a different order hence why the technologies appear to be developed in each turn. Try to see it as initial technologies exchanges and then after that it slows down.

Thanks for your support. It is still a work in progress ... :D

7. Nolan08

Nolan08 Chieftain

I have absolutely no idea how to install this mod/scenario. Every time that I tried, it couldn't read over to the original files, and basically had tons of errors.

If anyone could help me with this, that'd be great.

8. kiwitt

It's still a development release and takes quite a bit of Windows folder and file skills to install correctly.

1) You must have the Standard RtW release that came with BTS
    2) You can not have any Ultimate edition installed
    3) You must have 3.19 patch installed
    4) You must copy "Mods\The Road to War" folder as into "Mods\The Road to War - KiwiTT"
    5) You must then replace original files in this new folder with my files one by one. I have helped this process by placing the files in the same folder names as where the new files are to go.

If I were to create a single install file it would total many hundreds of MBs which would have to be downloded. While I am still developing, hence the 0.xx release number, I do not think it is warranted as the changes a more frequent. However, a lot of people have played it and find it good, so I am encouraged to continue to develop it.

9. Nolan08

Nolan08 Chieftain

How do I get the standard RtW release? I don't have it anymore.

10. kiwitt

Re-Install Civ4 + BTS and you will be fine.

11. Kleudde

Kleudde Chieftain

Kiwi, where can I download your files? I have problems installing the ultimate edition so I think i will install your version instead...
    Let me know please
    Thx

12. Kleudde

Kleudde Chieftain

Nevermind my previous message, i just saw your reply from the other thread.
    Thx!

13. Nolan08

Nolan08 Chieftain

In a somewhat related topic, you transposed the ROC's and PRC's flags...

Currently, the PRC has the ROC flag and the ROC has the PRC flag.

14. kiwitt

Thanks for that.

I have not started work on the Pacific Scenario (So the scenario is as per the original RTW in BTS). It will be part of 0.5x release.

15. Kleudde

Kleudde Chieftain

Hi Kiwitt
    I tried to install your mod but i get errors when I try to launch it:
    failed to read worldbuilder file "mod/the road to war/publicmaps/1036 - europe.civbeyondswordwbsave"
    Did you ever saw that?
    When I select the 1939 it says the same also...

16. kiwitt

You have Ultimate Edition Installed. My version does not work with Ultimate Edition.

There is on a 1936 scenario's in the Original RtW.

17. kiwitt

NOTE: For users of this mod. I am not sure if there is a memory leak in Civ 4 or something, but I recommend players stop playing after about 3-4 hours, save the game and then restart the saved game.

18. Kleudde

Kleudde Chieftain

Hi Kiwitt,
    I know I tried to install the ultimate edition and that is what screwed me over, the mod wouldn't work after. I uninstalled both civ 4 and the expension. Deleted all the road to wars folders I could find, re-installed only civ 4 with the expension beyond the sword and even then it wouldn't work.
    I believe it has something to do because my civ 4 i bought the box version and the beyond the sword i bought it on steam so they don't really install at the same place.
    Also to spice up things moved from windows xp to windows 7 64 bits...
    I was able to play my save game after installing my windows but I guess i wouldn't work after to start a new game.
    Anyways it's sad, I was really enjoying road to war and would of loved to try your mod but got fed up of trying to troubleshoot it.
    I bought Hearts of Iron 3 and for now it's satisfying my thirst for WW2 :)
    But if you could help me getting back on track I would try your mod.

19. kiwitt

20. kiwitt

Fixed the last of the errors from 0.33 in 0.39.x

Clicking Fighter Bombard causes CTD - Fixed in 0.39.x - by setting ibombardrate to "0"

I recommend all users of 0.33.x edit their CIV4UnitInfos.xml file changing all aircrafts ibombardrate to "0"