Krajzen's Grand BE Factions Vision

My thoughts:

Does each faction actually have a particular preference to an ideology? I just think that reduces the flexibility of the game a bit.

In terms of factions, Crescent Company sounds a bit strange. Islam is not the sort of religion that has been commercialized like christianity (e.g. Easter, Christmas). I do reckon there should be an Islamic/Middle Eastern faction but focused more on spirituality and a balanced focus on either affinity. Or maybe maintain the trade characteristic of the faction, but change the faction name to Middle Eastern or Arabic.

I do imagine Russia as a faction, but not focused on harmony as such. Again, each faction shouldn't be too particularly tied to one affinity.

The more international/global factions, the better. That's the best approach to avoid too many national or even regional factions in the game.

I'm not sure they gave a timeline for the launch of the colony ship. I'm assuming it's maybe 100 years from now. Key concepts:
-I suspect global warming/rising sea levels will be part of the story
-I suspect nationalism to be a key value in some places, religion in others, and ideology in the rest
-I expect Firaxis to avoid eurocentricity and represent as much of the globe's cultures as it can
-We have four known factions, I'll speculate about the others

It's 200-250 years from now, after the "Great Mistake", an event of unknown/variable nature. So while global warming and rising sea levels are good assumptions, they're not the only ones.

-I understand the desire to focus on Brazil, but I would've disagreed. It's major coastal cities would flood as would a huge amount of the Amazon basin, and it will likely retain its huge seasonal flooding. Usable land will be scarce. It is feasible they could conquer their way out.

Actually most of Brazil's population and economic activity (including its farmlands) are in the Brazilian Highlands, away from the Amazon Basin and safe from the sea. It covers almost half of the country and it's good for agriculture, so usable land would hardly be scarce.

Does each faction actually have a particular preference to an ideology? I just think that reduces the flexibility of the game a bit.

So far there's nothing suggesting this is the case (quite the opposite).

It's 200-250 years from now, after the "Great Mistake", an event of unknown/variable nature. So while global warming and rising sea levels are good assumptions, they're not the only ones.

Ah. I cherry-picked the global warming thing for speculation since its easiest to predict and it's hinted at in the trailer showing the flooded Egyptian pyramids. They're at just the right elevation (~60m above sea level) to just start flooding if all the polar ice melted.

A nuclear explosion, war, or what ever other natural disaster you could think of could happen anywhere. We wouldn't know what's wiped out and what's still working, where people would move towards, or how geopolitics might shake out. It'd be like trying to predict the fall of Rome and the rise of Byzantium during the Pax Romana.

Actually most of Brazil's population and economic activity (including its farmlands) are in the Brazilian Highlands, away from the Amazon Basin and safe from the sea. It covers almost half of the country and it's good for agriculture, so usable land would hardly be scarce.

Just checked a topographic map, then realized your location is "Brasil", and you're exactly right! Thanks much for letting me know. My Latin American history coursework from college didn't spend much time on Brazil. It was a little biased, being taught in Spanish and all :lol:

Top Bottom