Kresta I Soviet missile cruiser

You can't please everyone. There's always alteast one a-hole in the woodpile.

I don't see why he's an a-hole just for saying he thinks it's too big!

I suppose that, in theory, you could use Flicster to convert all the flcs into storyboards (this is easy) and then simply resize the storyboards en masse in a paint program, before turning them all back into flcs again. I bet it wouldn't work in practice, though.

I really like this unit. The attack and the death are both very nicely done.

i also really like this unit. the textures on vingrjoe's units are always splendid and i think that the scale of the thing really isn't an issue.

btw, Plotinus, i'd think that your opinion on who is or isn't an a-hole matters little here. iow, mind your own bee's wax.

Everyone just please simmer down. I don't want this turned into a flaming post.

Plotinus said:
I don't see why he's an a-hole just for saying he thinks it's too big!

I suppose that, in theory, you could use Flicster to convert all the flcs into storyboards (this is easy) and then simply resize the storyboards en masse in a paint program, before turning them all back into flcs again. I bet it wouldn't work in practice, though.

I really like this unit. The attack and the death are both very nicely done.
Exactly, use SSB to shrink the exported frames.

Oh.. and you should check out JDustin's Civ3files site. I've got a lurker going around saying everything of mine is too large.. So years ago I stopped trying to please EVERYONE and only started to please my own tastes. If poeple liked what I did, good. If one person didn't, then I woudln't lose any sleep over it. Especially a noob.

Wyrmshadow, chill! Why do you resort to name-calling with so little provocation? I didn't say I thought the size of the Kresta was wrong - only that I couldn't use it for my own purposes in its present form. I didn't ask anyone else to resize it. It was my desire to resize it myself, and I asked for direction to a .flc resizing tool if such a thing existed. The creator of the Kresta didn't seem to take offense at my request, where, by the way, I mentioned how good-looking I thought the Unit was.

And why do you feel like you need to stick your nose so deeply into this matter?

And El Justo - in what way is your comment to Plotinus helpful? Shouldn't you be minding YOUR own beeswax? I didn't say I didn't like the unit - bub!

Vinegar Joe uses the same scale I started with my ships. If you don't like his scale, you don't like mine. Maybe you have a problem with the Firaxis scale too? I mean the tanks and cav and infantry are not in scale to each other either.

Superb!
nice job, it will run on my TCW fifties with ur permission
this is for home purpose only =)

Top Bottom