1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Kublai Khan Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 19, 2021.

1. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

To sum up, both Chinese Kublai and Mongolian Kublai looks like Vanilla civs instead of NFP civs, and most of us had played vanilla (and R&F) civs again and again for the past 3-4 years.

And also the buff introduced in GS makes Great Wall one of the best UI in the game. Plan head and spam them can literally win you the game, nothing can really compete with post-GS Great Wall in terms of tourism output besides the Rock-hewn Churches and CS UIs. They can offer a good amount of gold as well.

2. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

I have updated the Features Thread with Mongolia's agenda and the preferred religions for Mongolia and Vietnam

3. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

BTW I'm fine with not having EVERYTHING in an update being exciting to me. Basically, new leaders just don't really get my blood running; In the end, the civ they'll lead will still be the same, a single LUA will not make that much of a difference. I like new civs, not much new leader.

But hey, that's just ME.

4. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo King

I think this is the reason why Firaxis focuses on making new civs more than new alt leaders. The hardest part of making a new civ is leader animation, so when you get that down, you may as well create a brand new civ.

5. Leucarum

Leucarum Emperor

I wonder what would happen if a civ is destroyed but then you liberate a city. Could you send it another trade route? Are we going to see a series of posts where someone repeatedly liberates a city to get a swarm of Eurekas?

6. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Is Ba Trieu confirmed to prefer Taoism? If you're going by Today's First Look, be careful. Japan has already founded Buddhism in that game...

7. AriaLyric

AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder Vietnam & Māori Main

mightve actually been korea who founded it, as they both are buddhist

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

For the purposes of their ability do city states count as a separate civ? If so, then that would be a decent bonus.

Kjimmet, Deggial, Elhoim and 2 others like this.
  9. Lord Lakely

I can't think of a Bulgarian Khan, Knyaz or Tzar that would be culturally inclined, can you?

Portugal however... the concept of 'saudade' (cultural nostalgia) is *very* strong there.

10. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Simeon I.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  11. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

I have been waiting a long time to see if they would actually give a civ or leader an econ slot. I have to say kublai does seem like a well matched alternative for Genghis and Qin in the context of either civ.
    It only makes me sad we cannot have Qin's builder ability and kublai's ability at the same time - now that would be a econ civ!

Of course, that makes any custom modded leader I have already created with a free econ slot a mere ripoff...

Dual leaders aren't the easiest to pull off, so I applaud FXS on this one.

12. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

We really don't know, the codes didn't tell as well, guess the quickest way to know about this is to directly ask devs in tomorrow's livestream.

13. Lord Lakely

Ha ha, no. Not quite. Simeon's agenda should be a variation of Phillip's - liking Civs that keep religious unity in their empire and disliking those that don't purge heretics.

Not that Bulgaria shouldn't have cultural components - they should, if they're in, once it happens. But their leaders were militaristic and religious, with no exceptions until Ferdinand I.

14. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

A combination of Religion and Culture could be a good mix for him.

15. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Korea beating Japan to Buddhism? That's nonsense, or it's sorcery. :p

I mean Menelik II wants to settle on hills, so at this point anything goes. :p
    That being said I don't feel like Cultured agenda has to be in the game for a leader. I mean Explorer isn't either. :mischief:

16. Enfant_Sauvage

Enfant_Sauvage Chieftain

The extra slot of economic card is really interesting but I have to say that I am less hype by KK than by the new game mode and especially by the new district. For now, I find that KK doesn't bring anything really new to the game, unlike Vietnam, the new district and the new game mode.

17. Lord Lakely

Menelik is the leader the devs should've given the Cultured Agenda equivalent to, but *sigh*. You're probably right.

Still hoping for some Portugese Saudade though - any unique and new bonus for Portugal would be a blessing, as it would dismantle their reputation as 'Boring' in an instant. (provided they're the last civ, of course)

18. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

I'd expect he would choose Tibetan Buddism in historical religion mod...

19. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

Firaxis confirmed on twitter that they have further refined his agenda to hating @Zaarin, and only Zaarin.

20. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

Still an improvement over most NFP agendas. :p