[NFP] Kublai Khan Discussion Thread

The eco policy slot slot is very strong, but both china and mongolia are far from being civ's I'm excited to replay ;-(

To sum up, both Chinese Kublai and Mongolian Kublai looks like Vanilla civs instead of NFP civs, and most of us had played vanilla (and R&F) civs again and again for the past 3-4 years.

China is only fun to play because of Qin's ability to me :( Mongolia is just another pure Domination civ.

And also the buff introduced in GS makes Great Wall one of the best UI in the game. Plan head and spam them can literally win you the game, nothing can really compete with post-GS Great Wall in terms of tourism output besides the Rock-hewn Churches and CS UIs. They can offer a good amount of gold as well.

I have updated the Features Thread with Mongolia's agenda and the preferred religions for Mongolia and Vietnam

To sum up, both Chinese Kublai and Mongolian Kublai looks like Vanilla civs instead of NFP civs, and most of us had played vanilla (and R&F) civs again and again for the past 3-4 years.

BTW I'm fine with not having EVERYTHING in an update being exciting to me. Basically, new leaders just don't really get my blood running; In the end, the civ they'll lead will still be the same, a single LUA will not make that much of a difference. I like new civs, not much new leader.

But hey, that's just ME.

BTW I'm fine with not having EVERYTHING in an update being exciting to me. Basically, new leaders just don't really get my blood running; In the end, the civ they'll lead will still be the same, a single LUA will not make that much of a difference. I like new civs, not much new leader.

But hey, that's just ME.
I think this is the reason why Firaxis focuses on making new civs more than new alt leaders. The hardest part of making a new civ is leader animation, so when you get that down, you may as well create a brand new civ.

I wonder what would happen if a civ is destroyed but then you liberate a city. Could you send it another trade route? Are we going to see a series of posts where someone repeatedly liberates a city to get a swarm of Eurekas?

I have updated the Features Thread with Mongolia's agenda and the preferred religions for Mongolia and Vietnam

Is Ba Trieu confirmed to prefer Taoism? If you're going by Today's First Look, be careful. Japan has already founded Buddhism in that game...

For the purposes of their ability do city states count as a separate civ? If so, then that would be a decent bonus.

No need to go back to Europe just for Bulgaria. :p

I can't think of a Bulgarian Khan, Knyaz or Tzar that would be culturally inclined, can you?

Portugal however... the concept of 'saudade' (cultural nostalgia) is *very* strong there.

I can't think of a Bulgarian Khan, Knyaz or Tzar that would be culturally inclined, can you?

Portugal however... the concept of 'saudade' (cultural nostalgia) is *very* strong there.
Simeon I.

I have been waiting a long time to see if they would actually give a civ or leader an econ slot. I have to say kublai does seem like a well matched alternative for Genghis and Qin in the context of either civ.
It only makes me sad we cannot have Qin's builder ability and kublai's ability at the same time - now that would be a econ civ!

Of course, that makes any custom modded leader I have already created with a free econ slot a mere ripoff...

Dual leaders aren't the easiest to pull off, so I applaud FXS on this one.

For the purposes of their ability do city states count as a separate civ? If so, then that would be a decent bonus.

We really don't know, the codes didn't tell as well, guess the quickest way to know about this is to directly ask devs in tomorrow's livestream.

Simeon I.

Ha ha, no. Not quite. Simeon's agenda should be a variation of Phillip's - liking Civs that keep religious unity in their empire and disliking those that don't purge heretics.

Not that Bulgaria shouldn't have cultural components - they should, if they're in, once it happens. But their leaders were militaristic and religious, with no exceptions until Ferdinand I.

Ha ha, no. Not quite. Simeon's agenda should be a variation of Phillip's - liking Civs that keep religious unity in their empire and disliking those that don't purge heretics.

Not that Bulgaria shouldn't have cultural components - they should, if they're in, once it happens. But their leaders were militaristic and religious, with no exceptions until Ferdinand I.
A combination of Religion and Culture could be a good mix for him.

mightve actually been korea who founded it, as they both are buddhist
Korea beating Japan to Buddhism? That's nonsense, or it's sorcery. :p

I mean Menelik II wants to settle on hills, so at this point anything goes. :p
That being said I don't feel like Cultured agenda has to be in the game for a leader. I mean Explorer isn't either. :mischief:

The extra slot of economic card is really interesting but I have to say that I am less hype by KK than by the new game mode and especially by the new district. For now, I find that KK doesn't bring anything really new to the game, unlike Vietnam, the new district and the new game mode.

I mean Menelik II wants to settle on hills, so at this point anything goes. :p
That being said I don't feel like Cultured agenda has to be in the game for a leader. I mean Explorer isn't either. :mischief:

Menelik is the leader the devs should've given the Cultured Agenda equivalent to, but *sigh*. You're probably right.

Still hoping for some Portugese Saudade though - any unique and new bonus for Portugal would be a blessing, as it would dismantle their reputation as 'Boring' in an instant. (provided they're the last civ, of course)

Top Bottom