Late Nights, Stress, and Civ

Yaype

Me
For those of you out there who have ever awoken three or four hours before your alarm is to go off (or who never fell asleep in the first place), what do you do with your time? I've been stressed out like crazy lately, and I found myself awake nearly four hours before my alarm is to go off, and I can't get back to sleep.

Now, this may not seem Civ-related to this point, but the fact is that I am here on the Forums, and I am about to open up Civ and play a game. There is something soothing about playing Civ that takes your mind off of some of the troubles you deal with in RL.

Now if only I could press 'enter' and advance a year in real life--that would be useful. ;)

Originally posted by Yaype
Now if only I could press 'enter' and advance a year in real life--that would be useful. ;)
I've taken the other approach - times when it would have been nice to reload RL and try a year or two over again. :crazyeye:

Depending upon which age you're presently playing the music can be very soothing. I don't tend to find the modern age this way, but the classical music in the industrial age or even the newer mesoamerican conquests are great.

Maybe it's just me, but everything has to do with music in one way or another with me... Video games have come a long way from dig-dug, which used to get stuck in my head when I went home after feeding the local arcade a 20-30 dollar gaming binge.

Speaking of Life, I need to find a Social Life, but haven't been able to find where to download one. Not at Downloads.com . . .

(Yes, I realize that is posted here often, most of us Civaholics aint too social, note I say MOST.

I find Civ 3 does reduce my stress levels, but does nothing to increase my grades at school . . .

what about history?

anyways, i am basically the gum of the world in school, not quite dirt, but almost.

I find it's the opposite. I'm quite calm in my everyday life, but when I play the computer -- not specifically civ -- then I bite my nails and such :crazyeye:

What are you on about supermiet?

That skips your turn. Hence the turns go faster :)

I get hyper when i play games.
My mom gets mad because i start to do crazy things to my PC
:jump:

Top Bottom