I'm about to go to sleep. Zzzz....

Plains-Cow

Best Resource; Always Wins
Hello, Off-Topic. Do you sometimes need to sleep? I certainly do. Approximately once a day, ideally for at least 7 hours, and 9 feels pretty sweet! I find that I can generally fall asleep pretty quickly, often within minutes of laying my head down on the pillow. Waking up rarely, I typically sleep through the night with minimal interruptions. However, the most difficult task for me is staying asleep, particularly when I am feeling anxious or excited about something the next day. Sometimes there can be a bit of nervous energy from both emotions, or one more than the other, but I generally spend most nights nestled comfy-cozy in snoozetown.

If you aren't asleep yet (or aren't asleep currently but wish to be), you can talk about sleeping here. In the meantime, you can wish me (or anyone else) a good sleep. I'm going to go to bed now; goodnight!

I'm a night owl, which has sometimes confused people. Someone on the first gaming forum I ever joined asked if I ever sleep, because no matter when he logged on, he always saw me in the list of active users.

Well, it might be that I never log off the forums where I'm really active. But it's also that I sleep in the morning (usually 5-6 am) and wake up whenever my alarm clock or Maddy tell me to.

This results in a variety of # of hours available for sleeping. Sometimes it's maybe 3 or 4 if there's something important I need to be awake for in the morning. Sometimes (like last night), I'll take a sleeping pill and get some extra sleep. There's nothing I ever need to be awake for on Sundays, though Maddy did inform me that she was hungry.

I usually read a few pages of some book or other. As some of you know from the Book thread, I've been slogging through Colleen McCullough's Antony & Cleopatra. I'm finally at part 5 where Octavian and Agrippa and Livia are planning how to get rid of Antony and Cleopatra once and for all. The Battle of Actium is coming. It will be a relief to be done with this book, because it's more of a slog than I'd thought it would be, but in the meantime those few pages each night help me go to sleep. There's no feeling of it being an intense page-turner, since I already know who lives and dies.

I'm a night owl, which has sometimes confused people. Someone on the first gaming forum I ever joined asked if I ever sleep, because no matter when he logged on, he always saw me in the list of active users.
I think I fall under the same camp, though it’s the nature of the beast working third/grave shift.
Well, it might be that I never log off the forums where I'm really active. But it's also that I sleep in the morning (usually 5-6 am) and wake up whenever my alarm clock or Maddy tell me to.
Does your cat stare you down looking for you to get up for feeding time? That’s what my cat does to my step-father, he watches him like a hawk and bats his nose or forehead to say “Hey! It’s feeding time!!”.

Maddy has had several tactics over the years, ranging from biting my toe (the morning of her first birthday) to washing my face very thoroughly. One morning a few weeks ago, I defy anyone in Red Deer to have had a cleaner face than I did. It's relaxing, but it also makes it difficult to ignore if her whiskers get up my nose (they're sharp), so I tend to wake up.

Then she looks at me as if to say, "As long as you're awake, get up and feed me!"

I'm awake and up now! It was a lovely night. I had a slight wakeup at one point from an unknown cause, but fell right back asleep. I feel refreshed and ready to start the day! For anyone else about to go to sleep (or will go to sleep later), I hope you sleep well!

I love sleep. Try not to do ego stuff like arguing and competition before bed and avoid late night also don't have babies they're really bad for sleep

don't have babies they're really bad for sleep
I feel like in the past, people could have more naps. It seems like only in our current 8-8-8 cycle that the idea of not being able to sleep if feeling particularly bad or exhausted became a thing. People of the past were able to take more naps and had zero alarm pressure, resulting in a more relaxing sleep-wake cycle with less anxiety.

They probably slept much better too without all the artificial light and existential threats

They probably slept much better too without all the artificial light and existential threats
Existential threats? The light thing's probably right, though.

I tried yelling "IM UP" and leaping out of bed the second I woke up.

Fun in novels, but dizzy in real life
Why did you try that? Excited for AI survivor?

It usually takes me 30 minutes to get going to fully awake in the morning.

If a fictional character can do it on 10 seconds, why not me too!

Oh ya, blood pressure :cringe:

AI Survivor is tough.
My friend likes to tease "I thought you said you were good at this game"
Me: ....

It usually takes me 30 minutes to get going to fully awake in the morning.

If a fictional character can do it on 10 seconds, why not me too!

Oh ya, blood pressure :cringe:

AI Survivor is tough.
My friend likes to tease "I thought you said you were good at this game"
Me: ....
Wow, that's a long time! Why so long to wake up? Caffeine dependence?

I really dont know.

I've woken up perfectly-awake a few times in my life.
Usually on camping trips. :dunno:
I absolutely love sleeping on camping air pads (not air mattresses, but the flat rectangles). Moreso than most beds. I've actually thought about just sleeping on those for the rest of my life. That way, I can always take my bed with me wherever I go! Do you like camping air pads?

I absolutely love sleeping on camping air pads (not air mattresses, but the flat rectangles). Moreso than most beds. I've actually thought about just sleeping on those for the rest of my life. That way, I can always take my bed with me wherever I go! Do you like camping air pads?

I am envious :)

For various reasons, I'm one of the cursed few who never had a camping trip go well.
At best the embers burned holes in my camping chair when I got up to get something.

I kept the memories of the nice alcohol and warm fire.
And I reproduced the good sleep experience as best as possible with total darkness, low noise, and an open window for fresh air.
Those 3 things more important than I thought.

Top Bottom