Leader Sayings for Discovering techs.

Ghonasiflaids

Warlord
I thought it would be an interesting idea if leaders would remark on you having discovered certain technologies they covet. This message would only show up upon you having opened their diplo screen. Examples by technology:

Writing: Their are rumours going around that your people have developed a written language. Our people have not yet advanced that far, and we envy you.

Bronze Working: Your soldiers weaponry has become quite sophisticated, we have not yet discovered the art of metal smithing.

Philosophy: Your enlightened civilization has proven itself a centre of the arts and sciences.
(hate alternative) The pretentious psuedoscience of your people is a mockery of the world.

Education: Your educated civilization is the envy of the world. We hope you focus your studies on subjects that benefit peace, not war.

Astronomy: It has come to our attention that your people have come to a radical conclusion that this world is round. If you wish to confirm these theories, back it up with evidence.

Gunpowder: (hate) Your possesion of strange new weapons does not intimidate us. The might of our armies far surpasses yours regardless.

Fertalizer: Your peoples skill in agriculture far surpasses that of lesser civilizations. Do tell us your secret.

Archeology: We are intrigued by your peoples study on the history of our peoples. We are interested in what you will discover next.

Steam power: Your discovery of steam power will forever change the productive capacity of the world.

Combustion: Your peoples profound knowledge in the art of destruction has become a worry to my people. We ask that you use your weaponry for defense, and not barbarianism.

Flight: Is it true? Have your people developed the knowledge of human flight??

I agree with your ideas. I always wanted to give the leaders more dialogues about the current situation, like they did in Civ Rev. I would even add other dialogues not related with technologies, like:

''Do you realize that we have been at peace since 800 AD?''

''So, is it really true that one of your ships managed to go around the globe?''

''Have you heard about the great scientist Newton, who lives in England?''

Top Bottom