Leaderscreen Elimination Thread

Yeah, if they had Abraham Lincoln beardless or Napoleon 2 meters tall you wouldn't consider it crazy to have a problem with it, would you ?

I mean, I had no idea what Gustavus Adolfus looked like but there's obviously been a mistake on Firaxis' part, and they should fix it.

Huge historical errors, yes, I have a problem with. Small ones, no. I'm not crazy about historical accuracy, I don't care if Gus' beard is a bit longer, or if Maria's scepter is from a slightly different time-period (Really?). I DO care if Napoleon is only 2 meters tall, or if Washington has a neon-pink mohawk, or of Monty is waving around machine guns.

I care about big and blatant ones, the smaller ones, however, I really don't care.

(Warning, silly post ahead)
Do you know what Pedro's leaderscreen needed?

I'll tell you what, he should've had a unique animation that involved him dancing casually if you visited him when his civ was having a Carnival.

And if you declared war on him, he would outright flip over his desk and stand up.

But to be honest, I really do admire his current "Angry stance". It's classy.

As for silly animations, you know when you kill a cov's spy and the leader plays the "Defeated" animation. I'm fine with that. But what if they had a happy gesture when you forgave them? Or just outright played the animation backwards? I'd love to see Harald magically levitate his helmet back into his hand.

Harald - 2
Askia - 3

Truenarnians vote doesn't count(you can't vote twice a day), so everything's still open, which means Harald is at 2, and Askia is at 3

It's up to someone else now

He's right. Truenarnian voted twice on December 12th. At this point, though, I think the vote has lost all legitimacy. Maybe Askia and Harald should just form a coalition government.

He's right. Truenarnian voted twice on December 12th. At this point, though, I think the vote has lost all legitimacy. Maybe Askia and Harald should just form a coalition government.

Personally, I think both of them won, so maybe a draw?

I think someone(who hasn't voted yet today) should put in the final vote

Well I haven't voted today, and I would go +1 Askia and -3 Harald as well, so there.

@Talcove : 2 meters is very tall actually (no idea what the conversion rate is in feet, but think basketball player), and Napoléon was famously small, although that's probably an exaggeration since everyone was smaller back then.

Well I haven't voted today, and I would go +1 Askia and -3 Harald as well, so there.

@Talcove : 2 meters is very tall actually (no idea what the conversion rate is in feet, but think basketball player), and Napoléon was famously small, although that's probably an exaggeration since everyone was smaller back then.

Ah, sorry, I was thinking two feet. Funny, since Canada is supposed to use the Metric system. Eh, imperial is just easier for height, at least to visualize.

Thanks to a forgotten loophole in the third paragraph of section 13B of the hidden law of the Firaxian Illuminati, I think we can safely declare that the winner is... *checks, double-checks* Suryavarman from Civilization IV. That sounds about right.

I interpreted the voting rules as "once per calender day" not "once per exact 24 hour period".

^ This.

There were times I voted at night, and times I voted in the morning (depending on my work schedule, which varies a lot), so some of my gaps would be around 12 hours and some around 36 hours. I interpreted the rule to mean "Once per 24-hour period", not "you cannot cast a vote until 24 or more hours has passes since your last vote." And I tried to use the Civfanatics official time zone, though apparently I failed to line them up properly if there are two of my votes on the same civfanatics day - my time zone is off by 2 hours but I thought is was 3 (hence the 11pm vote which I thought was going to be a 12am vote and thus legal).

Sorry if I made a mistake, but I think my votes are all legit according to the spirit of the rules. I think my track-record indicates my integrity, and if I missed up, I'm sorry. I tried to obey!

Let's just be happy and say both Askia and Harald won.

I just double-checked - those were two different days for me...I think? One was my Wednesday, one was my Thursday? So I think my vote is legit?

Thanks to a forgotten loophole in the third paragraph of section 13B of the hidden law of the Firaxian Illuminati, I think we can safely declare that the winner is... *checks, double-checks* Suryavarman from Civilization IV. That sounds about right.

Objection! You forgot subsection D, Article VII, which means....

we have to do the whole thing over again.

Washington- 20
Harun al-Rashid- 20
Ashurbanipal- 20
Maria Theresa- 20
Montezuma- 21 XIMICACAN! XIMICACAN! XIMICACAN!
Nebuchadnezzar II-20
Pedro II-20
Theodora- 20
Dido- 20
Boudicca- 20
Wu Zetian- 20
Harald Bluetooth- 20
William- 20
Ramesses II- 20
Elizabeth- 20
Haile Sellassie- 20
Napoleon- 20
Bismark- 20
Alexander- 20
Atilla- 20
Pachacuti- 20
Gandhi- 17 Gandhi's screen is far too generic and static. He was never even a leader of India. Why is he wearing a tea-cozy?
Gajah Mada- 20
Hiawatha- 20
Oda Nobunaga- 20
Sejong- 20
Pacal- 20
Genghis Khan- 20
Ahmad al-Mansur- 20
Suleiman-20
Darius I- 20
Casimir III- 20
Kamehameha- 20
Maria I- 20
Catherine- 20
Pocatello- 20
Ramkhamhaeng- 20
Askia- 20
Isabella-20
Gustavus Adolphus- 20
Enrico Dandolo- 20
Shaka- 20

....Just kidding.

Washington- 0
Harun al-Rashid- 0
Ashurbanipal- 0
Maria Theresa- 0
Montezuma- 0
Nebuchadnezzar II-0
Pedro II-0
Theodora- 0
Dido- 0
Boudicca- 0
Wu Zetian- 0
Harald Bluetooth- 0
William- 0
Ramesses II- 0
Elizabeth- 0
Haile Sellassie- 0
Napoleon- 0
Bismark- 0
Alexander- 0
Atilla- 0
Pachacuti- 0
Gandhi- 0
Gajah Mada- 0
Hiawatha- 0
Oda Nobunaga- 0
Sejong- 0
Pacal- 0
Genghis Khan- 0
Ahmad al-Mansur- 0
Suleiman-0
Darius I- 0
Casimir III- 0
Kamehameha- 0

Maria I- 2013
Catherine- 0
Pocatello- 0
Ramkhamhaeng- 0
Askia- 0
Isabella-0
Gustavus Adolphus- 0
Enrico Dandolo- 0
Shaka- 0

Never said how much our votes added/removed in the re-do. MARIA WINS!
Totally not kidding. ;)

Never said how much our votes added/removed in the re-do. MARIA WINS!
Totally not kidding. ;)

Well played.

On topic, I find it interesting that we had a vanilla civ, a GnK civ, a DLC civ and a BNW civ in the top four. All four groups have leaderscreens with impressive visuals.

Well played.

On topic, I find it interesting that we had a vanilla civ, a GnK civ, a DLC civ and a BNW civ in the top four. All four groups have leaderscreens with impressive visuals.

It makes me wonder why so many vanilla screens were bland when very clearly some of them received more attention and creativity.

Well played.

Considering that nearly all of the Vanilla Civs got slaughtered in the early rounds, or just barely passed under the radar, I think some groups are more impressive, on the whole, than others. ;)

It makes me wonder why so many vanilla screens were bland when very clearly some of them received more attention and creativity.

I remember the devs saying that the leaderscreens were going to be more developed, with people other than the leaders in the background, and things actually going on. I see some of that in Askia's was actually implemented. If you look at the others, such as Arabia, you can obviously see that something was missing that should have, or was going to be, in there. Just look at his screen, and look at the concept art for him. It really shows.

Of course, they couldn't do that because it would have cost too much. It's a shame, I would ave loved to see Caesar walking through a packed Roman senate.

Who wants to start a voice acting elimination thread for the leaders? We would have to base our votes on the voice acting (accuracy, language, too high pitched, suitable for the leader, etc.)

Top Bottom