1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaderscreen Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Viregel, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Bcjeff8

Bcjeff8 Chieftain

Pachacuti - 0
    Harald Bluetooth - 4
    Pacal - 5
    Askia - 9
    Shaka - 6

-3 Pachacuti: I think this screen is really good. However, compared to the remaining screens, it is not as good.

+ 1 Shaka: In my opinion, this is one of the best screens remaining. It shows the landscape of Africa, and depicts Shaka himself perfectly as a warmonger.

2. truenarnian

truenarnian Emperor

I honestly look at this result as the top 5 all being tied because the elimination now will come down to which leaders' haters are allowed to/show up to vote first. Just the way real-time forum voting goes.

3. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Seriously!? I just revived him!

4. truenarnian

truenarnian Emperor

Sukritact, you HAD to see that coming... ;)

Consider it a 5-way tie. Bad luck that the Pachacuti haterz got on to vote before others.

5. Skykiller

Skykiller Chieftain

Harald Bluetooth - 1 Sorry man, you cannot do anything against the fancy hat, the burning Timbuktu and the beautiful african landscape.
    Pacal - 5
    Askia - 10 It always made me laugh that a leader with which you discuss has a burning city behind him. Way of showing : "Don't try to fool me."
    Shaka - 6

6. Biologist

Biologist Emperor

Casting my vote early today, as I'm not sure if I'll get back to this thread before it ends otherwise.

Harald Bluetooth - 1
    Pacal - 5
    Askia - 7 A good leaderscreen, but an ever-burning city is a bit much. Kind of a misleading first impression... and I do wonder why he spends all his time watching cities burn.
    Shaka - 7 Said it before, I'll say it again: all the elements of this leaderscreen mesh beautifully.

7. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

Harald Bluetooth - 1 + 1= 2: I personally think that the way Shaka and Pachacuti came back isn't fair, but now Harald gets sacrificed for them!
    Pacal - 5
    Askia - 7
    Shaka - 7 - 3= 4: All four deserve it, but you were already out once Shaka, I'm sorry.

I just can't down vote anymore

8. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

At this point, the final rankings I want:

1. Harald
    2. Askia
    3. Pacal
    4. Shaka

What it looks like at this point:

1. Askia(definitely deserves it, already survived an attack)
    2. Pacal
    3. Shaka
    4. Harald

9. Lord Xavius

Lord Xavius Mostly Lurking

Harald Bluetooth - 2
    Pacal - 5
    Askia - 8 (After giving the matter a lot of thought, I've decided I feel Askia should win this. The others are great too, of course, but everything about this one just comes together to make for an awesome impression. The background, the sword, the music...)
    Shaka - 1 (It's a great screen, but the other three have qualities that make me prefer any of them to win before Shaka. Sorry, Shaka.)

10. rawrtrav

rawrtrav Chieftain

Harald Bluetooth - 2
    Pacal - 5
    Askia - 8 + 1 = 9
    Shaka - 1 - 3 = DEAD

Askia's is the best screen left, simple. Fire = awesome. Sword = awesome. Beard = awesome.
    Shaka, I enjoy your screen but I prefer Pacal's peacock headwear and Haralds boat, sorry my (sometimes) friend!

11. Liufeng

Liufeng A man of his time

Haral Bluetooth - 3
    Pacal - 5
    Askia - 6

I'm sorry for Askia, but I'd would have preferred a "more culturally Songhai" background than an ever burning city.
    I love Harald everytime I see him : even in war against him, it's still pleasent to go see his cheerful behaviour !

12. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Harald Bluetooth - 4
    Pacal - 5
    Askia - 3

HARALD
    This truly is one of the more unique leaderscreens. It's at the crack of dawn, and in the distance you see the longships of the viking warriors approaching. Most stop to a halt as one lone ship crashes upon your shores. Walking towards you, thunderously shaking the ship with each step is the fearsome viking leader. You thank the stars that the day is marked by diplomacy, and not blood.

Everything from the ship, to the sky, to Harald's movements is both unique, stunning, and cohesive. Also, which other leader int he game actually rage quits when they lose? ;)

ASKIA
    Why are we doing diplomacy in front of a burning city? Not exactly a great place to get people to like you, or to trick them, or really do anything but look like an evil menace. Now, a Betrayal Garden, THAT would be a place to do diplomacy. We need one of those, hopefully the Bison DLC has a leader in a Betrayal Garden.

13. jlim201

jlim201 King

Harald Bluetooth - 4
    Pacal - 2- Boring, dull colour scheme.
    Askia - 4- The most interesting background, only warmongerer that actually looks like one.

14. Moraiwe

Moraiwe Warlord

Harald Bluetooth - 4
    Pacal - 2 +1=3: It's the best of a poor remaining bunch. Vista is nice I guess.
    Askia - 4 -3=1: Fire is interesting the first time you see it. But after that it becomes dull.

15. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

16. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Warlord

Harald Bluetooth - 5 I just love how joyful this pillaging Viking lord is!
    Askia - 0

17. Tinker

Tinker Prince

Nice! Even though the civ itself is disliked gameplay-wise, meeting Harald always rules. Good call.

18. Biologist

Biologist Emperor

Looks like it's Harald Bluetooth by a nose - or a helmet, as the case may be! Congratulations to the Viking conqueror, what a finish!

19. Teproc

Teproc King

Ugh, he was my least favorite of the last 5 or so !

But oh well, he's still pretty good.

20. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

Just 11 posts ago, Askia was the king of the mountain, and Harald was just hanging on by a string. This has got to be my favourite moment in this thread, narrowly beating Monty going from 30 points to 0 in just one page.