Legendary Earth Mod (LEM)

Here's the temporary fix...I can't figure out how to make the download work as is, but this should work. Take the "Earth" Civ5 map file from the LEM mod directory and place it in My Documents > My Games > Sid Meier's Civilization 5 > Maps.

Run the game and see if that works.

Here's the temporary fix...I can't figure out how to make the download work as is, but this should work. Take the "Earth" Civ5 map file from the LEM mod directory and place it in My Documents > My Games > Sid Meier's Civilization 5 > Maps.

Run the game and see if that works.

Works for me now.

EDIT: Even though I picked Persia, it forced me to play Catherine.

EDIT2: Tried again, this time didn't revert me to Catherine.

EDIT3: Both times spawned in the exact same spot, so I'm pretty sure reverting me to Catherine was a bug. The spot is Desert & Plains next to an oasis with Incense next to a Sheep and another Incense & Wheat in sight range.

Works for me now.

EDIT: Even though I picked Persia, it forced me to play Catherine.

EDIT2: Tried again, this time didn't revert me to Catherine.

EDIT3: Both times spawned in the exact same spot, so I'm pretty sure reverting me to Catherine was a bug. The spot is Desert & Plains next to an oasis with Incense next to a Sheep and another Incense & Wheat in sight range.

I tried to replicate it. Started it up and chose Darius and it spawned me in the right location (the start you described is the right one for Persia). I don't know what would have caused that revert to Catherine...did you get Catherine's loading screen?

I tried to replicate it. Started it up and chose Darius and it spawned me in the right location (the start you described is the right one for Persia). I don't know what would have caused that revert to Catherine...did you get Catherine's loading screen?

Yes I got Catherine's loading screen.

Advice for any other Persians: Ghandi is a grabby one, If you want that Marble/Cotton/Sheep triangle you better be quick.

Ok here is the problem, I think this is the problem with half the "your mod doesn't work posts".

People don't understand how to turn on the mods.

Here it is step by step.

1. Start game :)

2. Click Mods button

3. Accept the EULA warning.

4. Click Browse Mods

A. Let me expand on this area. There are 3 categories here. "Installed" "Online" "Downloads"

I) "Installed" is where you will find your List of active, and inactive installed mods. This is where you can toggle mods on and off. **** IMPORTANT **** This is also where new mods that you just downloaded are activated. There will be a blue button in the bottom right corner that you must push to activate new mods you just downloaded but haven't activated.

II) "Online" is where you can search for new mods to download.

III) "Downloads" is where you can see active downloads or your recent download history.

I hope this small guide will help the spam of "XXX mod doesn't work please help" The thing I find that most people don't understand is the part about the Installed screen and how it functions after you DL mods.

Any questions please post back

Hope this helps players and modders alike.

Lilpenny

This looks great, thanks. I've been waiting for something like this. I only hope my comp can run it...

Reason of why people get reverted to Catherina of russia is as soon as one selects a map the player's civ selection changes.

Although we all adore her, a click to fast on the big ol' start button might overlook that your civ choice has been reset.

Could you post screenshots please? at least showing Europe in the mediterranean region, is it bigger than the original huge earth map?

England is but a tidbit bigger but italy is still small. Worldmaps require a enlarged europe part so that Rome and England can at least put down 2-3 cities...

Or maybe i am just to much hooked up to the HUGE earth 50civs map for Civ IV :p

Praise sweet Jesus I've figured it out (thanks Shiggs ;)). Turns out you have to have ModBuddy point to any maps in its file structure...not sure why this is necessary but there it is. :p

I'm currently making a few map tweaks and then will be uploading v2 of the Beta that should function without any file moving on the users end. Will update the first post with the version history once its reuploaded. :)

Version 2 is up and running...now that that business with the map not working are out of the way we can focus on balancing and gameplay issues. :)

I wanted to mention I see one big issue with this map. Right now Mods are single player only, and the AI is stupid about water. Which means the two City-States or however many are on N/S America are going to be the only things ever on that continent besides you and barbarians. Which means the Human Player can gain control of that whole side of the map and sit pumping out armies or going for a science victory instead of actually having to compete with the AI once you can send a settler and a few protective units over.

EDIT: This is the save of my LEM game that I promised you on Steam.

Attachments

• Legendary Earth Mod 1.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 214
I wanted to mention I see one big issue with this map. Right now Mods are single player only, and the AI is stupid about water. Which means the two City-States or however many are on N/S America are going to be the only things ever on that continent besides you and barbarians. Which means the Human Player can gain control of that whole side of the map and sit pumping out armies or going for a science victory instead of actually having to compete with the AI once you can send a settler and a few protective units over.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that except wait for them to fix the glaring issues that exist with the AI. I have, however, seen the AI found cities over water, though it was only a few tiles of coast dividing the landmasses.

Doesnt seem to download a map for me. Downloads a strange file into my MODS folder called 56c77a0e-c636-49ec-b0b8....etc. Not sure why but also doesnt show up that i have installed it in the installed section.

I have been able to select "Legendary Earth" and start maps but I never get the historic starting spot. I try as India and start in a forest near the Siberian Tundra. I start as Washington and get a spot in South America. What am I doing wrong?

Doesnt seem to download a map for me. Downloads a strange file into my MODS folder called 56c77a0e-c636-49ec-b0b8....etc. Not sure why but also doesnt show up that i have installed it in the installed section.

Because you have to click the button "Install Mods" in the bottom right corner of the Installed section.

I have been able to select "Legendary Earth" and start maps but I never get the historic starting spot. I try as India and start in a forest near the Siberian Tundra. I start as Washington and get a spot in South America. What am I doing wrong?

You have to check "Load Scenario" on the set up screen, then choose your civ.

Please read the included Readme.txt in the download.

I'm currently making a few map tweaks and then will be uploading v2 of the Beta that should function without any file moving on the users end. Will update the first post with the version history once its reuploaded. :)

Can´t wait. :D

Top Bottom