Legends of IOT

Can we gain more heroes as we go along? I have a cast to fill... and I am planning to introduce a new character: Jonathon Cargást, Master of Rituals within the Willing of Valescere. I will be doing a RP in a bit that will give soem detailing of this character but since I have more than one characture (and my leader is more likely to stick within his realm) I will need to consider to deploy.

For now I have at least charactures I can set for "herodom" that I have chosen:

Sébastien Verlinden: apostle to Naxargarrath, weak attack and defence (although his live has been extended by demonic energy the inflictions placed on him my Naxargarrath have weakened his body) but he has a special ability to either or and:

1) neglect the chance of demons within Ka'e in the army force he is assigned to to have negative impacts on any infrantry or other non-demon units of Ka'e, while still remaining negative to the enemy.
2) through his position as Naxargarrath's voice on the field he will give a booste to the stats of the army he is assigned to. Basically a glorified commander unit.

The next "hero" will either be Ooashleyder Keeia or Nebojša Milovanović, although I can always consider one of the demons or make a new demonic character. I have to make a choice on this. I will come up later on... perhapes with the RP I have to introduce Mr Cargást and any new demonic characture with him.

Hero units either don't have abilities or have a very insignificant ability but their stats will stay lower.
And over time, you'll all gain more hero slots .

Also, if the RP is really, really good... the hero in question might even provide Upkeep ( might not make sense, but you'd like the bonus, right?)

About the ability...

...if it has to be very insignificant then why has a ability in the first place?

A ability should have a impact, especilly to keep seperate from other forces, plus in reguards to the abilities of unique units.

I also think having the hero have (significant) abilities could provide a excellent strategic and tactical consideration in ones moves in where to deploy the hero.

It was hard to balance 25 nations.
Balancing 25*2 heroes would be a pain in the general area of Earth. I said that only because I saw you mentioned abilities, which weren't intended, but I reconsidered them, with the condition that they do not allow you to single-handedly curbstomp uphill an army of hundreds of soldiers.The only way to do this is to lower the stats and stat increase and make the said abilities rather weak.

Hero 1: Alto Ingegnere (High Engineer) Giovanni Priggia Romano

Stats: High attack, medium defense.

Background: Gran Maestro Romano Priggia's youngest son (out of four children), instead of getting involved with the family business, as all of his siblings have done, he has taken to study and design of machinery of many kinds, as well as their application in the battlefield. His father, although a bit disappointed in his choice, has understood that his coming is that of the engineering instead of the trading, and has ensured he has the best education available in all of the Western Federation, to the extreme of even hiring some people from out of the Federation to ensure he knows something about everything. His knowledge has allowed him to create weapons of many kinds, which he now knows how to use in the field.

Weaponry: Giovanni wields one of his best inventions, the Repeating Crossbow, which can shoot twelve bolts in less than thirty seconds using a small crank to pull the cord, load the bolt and throw it. He has also developed a system that keeps this bolts in bunches of thirty that are easily replaced in the middle of the battle. For shorter distances, he carries a sword and a shield that he is quite proficient at using.

Hero 2: Guerriero Alchimista (Warrior Alchemist) Angelo Comma Vincino

Stats: Medium Attack, High Defense

Background: Angelo is the son of an apothecary in Vinci, one of the provinces of Passi, and has taken to partially follow in his father's footsteps, but instead of healing with the herbs, rocks and animal parts, he took to experiment with all kinds of ingredients, eventually coming up with many liquids that had several capabilities. Claiming to be a Warrior Alchemist, Angelo would soon enter the battlefield, ready to strike at any enemy that is a danger to the Federation or to him.

Weaponry: Angelo is armed with a short sword and shield that he has been trained to work with quite well, thanks to experience and training by the best soldiers in the Western Federation. However, his best weaponry is his large supply of alchemical compounds, which have many properties, defensive and offensive. One of them multiplies his agility and strength for an hour, another makes him almost invulnerable to injuries, a third is used in modified jars to explode and shoot metal pellets around, and a fourth explodes in fires that cannot be put down with water. (OOC: the latter two are perfectly acceptable, and can actually be made with medieval technology... well, the latter is actually Greek Fire).

When I get to make a third hero, it'll be a woman.

it's hopeless anyway. You're the only one who puts effort in this. I cannot run a game for one person ( well, technically, I can, but it would be creepy).
I'll rework it, and relaunch it sometimes this year.

don't worry, i'm already making the nations for the new one.
There will be less UUs, less balancing needed, but more countries ( the originals in here will be kept, but I can't say the same about the map.

I was actually gonna do my heroes tomorrow.

Top Bottom