Legends of IOT

WhiteRobber

Twinkle twinkle Wunderbar
Map:
Spoiler :

There are 25 pre-set nations. To join, pick one that hasn’t been claimed already.
To aid in RP and for backstory purposes , here is a short description for each nation.

Nation backstories :
Spoiler :

1. The North Watch- Proud defenders of the Northlands, they are the only ones who do not like war. Defeating them in battle is considered a sin because they claim that they defend the continent from an ancient power with their mere existence.
2. Hakan’s Raiders - Barbaric raiders, loyal to their chieftain. Feared throughout the continent , they value raw power above anything else.
3. Steelcove Pirates - recently united under the banner of a mysterious Pirate Captain , they strive to create a nation for themselves and to control trade in the half of the continent not touched by the Western Federation.
4. Sun Kingdom - ruled by the Shen Dynasty since ancient times, the Sun Kingdom varied in size and power over the centuries but managed to survive by standing united against it’s enemies.
5. Rockhill Enclave - ruled conjointly by a rogue general from the Sun Kingdom and Boris, King of the Blindhill Bandits , the Rockhill enjoy preferential treatment from both the Steelcove Pirates and the Sun kingdom because Rockhill stands in a strategic position and also right in the middle of the biggest trade route in the continent.
6. Valtharia - Dwarven kingdom built high in the mountains ( as in, IN the mountains, aka caves and underground tunnels) . Being in the center of the continent, they are always under attack and know how to defend better than others.
7. The Inner Circle - a fanatical religious sect , built around the deity known as The Ascended One. They believe that only nonhumans are the only ones allowed to not follow their views and way of life, but until now they never managed to be considered a threat by anyone.
8. Hawkfall - Elven kingdom in the southern side of the Mystwoods, their majestic architecture and magnificent landscapes give the feeling of peace to everyone foolish enough to invade this secluded land.
9. Mystwoods Lycans - inhabiting the northern part of the Mystwoods, the Lycans, or werewolves, are humans rejected from society after the terrible curse of Lycanthropy touched them. Usually disorganized, they recently gained a political status after a Lycan named Dreadclaw united the many hunting packs of the northern Mystwoods.
10. Wakaha Tribe - native tribe from the South-East Archipelago, the Wakaha used to be larger, but their tribe split into two after the Grand Shaman Magwa turned to dark magics.
11. Magwa tribe - splinter faction of the greater Wakaha, the Magwa turned to dark magics, giving them great power, but also a constant bloodlust.
12. Helia tribe - unconventional natives from the South-East Archipelago, they are the only natives to use heavy armor… and employ female warriors, known as Sun priestesses, who use sun-powered fire magic to scorch the earth and burn their enemies from the inside.
13. Emirate of Kama - scarcely-populated desert kingdom with a long-standing vendetta against the more civilized kingdoms.
14. Jandjah Kingdom - more like a massive bazaar than a real kingdom, the majority of the population in Jandjah lives in the Central Plateau, which has only 7 ways in, all protected by 7 gates and their Gatekeepers. The rest of the kingdom is made up by poor villagers and traders who failed in their game at the Plateau.
15. Harrmarath Horde - They may look like your average horde of disorganized raiders, but even without their Khan, the Harrmarath use their hit-an-run tactics and their ranged cavalry to full effect. Beware.
16. Western Federation - conglomerate of coastal nations with a common goal - exploration and riches. Mostly in it for the money, they do, however, stand united even when payment is out of discussion, which caused them to be even more efficient. They control the trade in half of the continent.
17. Dor’laman Covenant - they appeared out of nowhere and took over lands from both the Western Federation and the Rantharian Empire faster than anyone else. Nobody knows where they really come from, but the creepiest of things happen in this contested land.
18. Skydon - leaderless union of Dragonriders from all over the continent, ready to stand their ground against invaders and pacify conflicts in their vicinity to avoid escalation of said conflicts. Don’t let their Kingdom size fool you.
19. Rantharian Empire - a rather shaky alliance between four Kingdoms, now “districts” of the Rantharian Empire. Nobody really knows how they still stand, but the sheer number of warriors still loyal to the original cause might explain some things.
20. Blindhill Enclave - a literal bandit haven, ruled by the evil tyrant King Boris, also co-ruler of the Rockhill Enclave far to the north-east. It is rumored that this small kingdom still stands only because King Boris controls a network of spies in the ruling circles of all nations on the continent.
21. Stormcliff Kingdom - hoarders of ancient relics and artifacts, the Stormcliff defend themselves with the powerful Ancients, creatures of old with a thirst for battle. Forsaken magics sustain the life essence of the Ancients , making them a force to be reckoned with .
22. Henggar Tribe - traitors of the Harrmarath Horde, hired by the Rantharians and the Western Federation to keep their southern borders safe. They are being used by the two northern powers and also lost their honor when they betrayed the Horde… and all they want now is an opportunity to prove themselves and break free from Rantharian and Federal oppression.
23. Kaleyon City - built on an outlying island far to the west, the Kaleyon are a community of powerful mages with Embassies all over the continent. Their exact purpose is unknown, but Archamge Andravus, their leader for the past 300 years, has shown signs of ‘discontent” with the current order in the continent.
24. Ke’a - No man’s land. A desolate wasteland , scarred by empty canyons and magical rifts. Numerous inactive portals lay around the region, spawning demons from the Underworld for every newcoming dark wizard who thinks he can master their power . None returned alive or sane from Ke’a, except for a supposedly-demonic being known as Naxargarrath who claimed Ke’a as his personal dominion.
25. Argassian Confederation - Centuries have seen their slow rise to power. The southern Kingdoms and even the Harrmarath refer to them as the “Empire” , probably because the Argassians once controlled everything west of the Mystwoods. Now a remnant of their former strength, the Argassians still employ old but efficient battle techniques in warfare.

=========================
Every province you own gives 1 EP per turn to it’s owner.
To recruit armies, you must pay EP and your Upkeep will fill up. You Upkeep is your total number of provinces *2. You cannot have more armies than your maximum Upkeep.

Armies cost:
1 Infantry: 2 EP, 0.5 Upkeep.
1 Cavalry; 4 EP, 1 Upkeep.
1 Archers; 3 EP , 0.5 Upkeep.
1 Siege Weapon : 5 EP, 1 Upkeep.

Armies stats:
Infantry: Attack 2, Defense 5
Cavalry: Attack 4, Defense 6
Archers: Attack 4, Defense 4
Siege: Attack 5, Defense 2. (attack is doubled when attacking and halved when defending).

Having an army of mixed units gives a small attack bonus in battles. Spamming the same unit will result in a negative bonus.

Each nation has it’s own unique unit and one unique ability.

Unique Units:
Spoiler :

Nation name- Unique Unit - cost - Upkeep - Attack - Defense - unique nation ability

1. The North Watch - Halberdiers - 5 EP - 1 Upkeep - 4 Att - 5 def. - +25% more attack and defense when defending. Causes more casualties to Cavalry than other nations.
2. Hakan’s Raiders - Berserker - 1 EP - 0.25 Upkeep - 3 Att - 1 def - can raid instead of conquering an enemy province, receiving large amounts of EP instead of more land
3. Steelcove Pirates - Pirates - 3 EP - 0.5 Upkeep - 3 Att - 3 Def - Siege units have +1 attack , can loot an enemy province isntead of taking it ( just like Raiders)
4. The Sun Kingdom - none, but Infantry, cavalry and Archers are recruited at half Upkeep.
5. Rockhill Enclave - none, but Infantry, cavalry and Archers cost 1 more EP and do not require Upkeep, cannot recruit Siege Weapons. Shares Upkeep with Blindhill Enclave.
6. Valtharya - Dwarven Warriors - 4 EP- 0.5 Upkeep - 2 Att - 7 Def. - double Upkeep. Dwarven Warriors are immune to Ranged attacks.
7. The Inner Circle - Paladins - 3 EP - 0.5 Upkeep -4 Att - 6 Def - Each Paladin adds 2% to attack, max bonus of 50%
8. Hawkfall - Elven Archers - 3 EP - 0.5 Upkeep - 5 Attack , 4 def. - cannot recruit normal archers, can steal EP from defeated enemies.
9. Mystwoods Lycans - all units except Archers and Siege are werewolves, do not cost any Upkeep, and can turn random defeated enemies into Mystwoods units. Also, all units have 1 less Defense. Also, every enemies turned into werewolves decrease stability. Can turn off the ability to prevent instability.
10. Wakaha tribe - Tribal Warriors - 4 EP - 0.5 Upkeep - 4 att- 2 def, - cannot train cavalry , causes 20% more casualties when defending. 10% Attack bonus vs Magwa Tribe and Ke’a.
11. Magwa tribe - Dark Shaman - 5 EP - 0.25 Upkeep - 1 Att - 1 Def - Each living Dark Shaman provides +5 upkeep , summons a random amount of Tribal Warriors at the beginning of each turn (50% chance for 0, 33% chance for 1 , 11% for 2, and 6^ chance for max three warriors summoned). Each Dark Shaman decreases stability when recruited.
12. Helia tribe - Solarian Priestess - 4 EP - 0.5 Upkeep - 3 att - 2 def - each Solarian Priestess has a chance to insta-kill one enemy unit at the beginning of each battle. Cannot kill more than 35% of the opposing army with the Priestesses skill.
13. Emirate of Kama - Desert Raiders - 4 EP - 1 Upkeep - 4 Att - 3 def - has 25% attack bonus vs Western Federation, Dor’laman Covenant , The North Watch, Hakan’s Raiders , Steelcove Pirates, Skydon, Rantharian Empire, Blindhill Enclave, Kaleyon City, Argassian Confederation.
14. Jandjah Kindom - Gatekeeper - 5 EP - 1 Upkeep - 6 att - 4 def - Can have a maximum of 7 Gatekeepers, each Gatekeeper provides a 5% defense bonus when defending ; Starts with a Trade Center, can build a second one for an added bonus.
15. Harrmarath Horde - Horse Archers - 3 EP - 0.5 Upkeep - 5 att - 3 def - cannot train Infantry
16. The Western Federation - Heavy Infantry -4 EP- 1 Upkeep - 3 att - 6 def - can choose between a 15% attack bonus or a 15% defense bonus in each battle. If none is chosen, none will occur in battle.
17. Dor’laman Covenant - Shapeshifter - 5 Ep - 0.5 Upkeep - 0 att - 0 def - can only train Shapeshifters , which can turn into any kind of unit except Dark Shaman, Solarian priestess, werewolves, Dragon Rider, Bandits, Ancient , Gatekeepers, Legions. The units will have their respective stats except the upkeep cost, which will remain 0.5 and every unit will have a -1 to defense. Shapeshifters who turn into Paladins don’t have the Paladin bonus. Also, Rangers don’t level up.
18. Skydon - Dragon Rider - 8 EP - 2 Upkeep - 12 Att - 5 def - +50% more Upkeep.
19. The Rantharian Empire - Imperial Guard - 5 Ep - 1 Upkeep - 5 att - 4 def - +2 EP for each Rantharian district under control multiplied by (number of districts under control*2) ; rebels will appear in random amounts in the Empire even at high stability.
20. Blindhill Enclave - Bandit - 1 Ep - 0.5 Upkeep - 3 att - 1 def - each bandit has a 25% to steal 1 EP every turn from one random neighbor. For storyline reasons, Rockhill Enclave and the Sun Kingdom are considered neighbors of the Blindhill despite being on the other side of the continent. Shares Upkeep with Rockhill Enclave.
21. Stormcliff Kingdom - Ancient - 5 Ep - 1 Upkeep - 4 att- 4 def - each Ancient that dies has 50% chance to just die , 33% chance to get revived, and 17% chance to spawn 2 Ancients.
22. Henggar Tribe - Ranger - 2 Ep - 0.5 Upkeep - 1 att - 2 def - each Ranger unit has a counter for how many enemy units it killed. After 5 kills, a Ranger turns into Hunter (3 att - 4 def) . After 10 kills, it turns into Marksman (4 att - 5 def)
23. Kaleyon City - Wizard - 3 Ep - 0.5 Upkeep - 5 att - 0 def. - can choose between a +5% bonus to attack for each Wizard owned ( max 35%) or a +5% bonus to defense for each wizard owned ( max 35%). Kaleyon starts with 10 extra Upkeep on top of the province-given upkeep.
24. Ke’a - Demon - 6 Ep - 0.25 Upkeep - 4 att - 4 def - random disasters occur around armies that stay near Demons, both friends and foes.
25. Argassian Confederation - Legion - 10 Ep - 2.5 Upkeep - 7 att - 9 def - + 25% bonus damage vs Harrmarath Horde, Ke’a, Henggar tribe, Kama Emirate, Jandjah kingdom, Blindhill Enclave.

Each battle consists of two phases: the phase in which ranged units attack (Archers, Siege, Elven Archers, Dark Shaman, Dragon Riders, Rangers, Wizards) and the melee phase . Casualties are calculated using both stats and RNG. For example, fighting the same battle twice might end up with different results, but RP bonus, outnumbering and selected bonuses influence the battle greatly.

You can only attack provinces adjacent to yours. Battle orders with the exact number of forces sent are secret ( unless you want them public) , but war declarations are always public.

EP that is not spent is automatically invested in Stability. If you want it banked with a 10% interest rate, say so. Low stability causes desertions, rebellions, negative battle bonuses and random bad stuff. Also, the more your kingdom increases, the lower your stability will be so you’ll need a quick source of income to make sure you’ll have a stream of income that will need spending on Stability. Everyone starts out at 95% Stability.

Another way of making EP is Trading Posts and Trade Centers. You can build only 2 max trading posts per province owned ( 8 EP cost for each) and they generate 3 EP each. A Trade Center is more powerful. It costs 25 EP, but it increases the amount of EP generated by each Trade Post by 2. You can only have 1 Trade Center .

Establishing a Trade Agreement with another nation gives each side more income based on the other kingdom’s size and stability.

Any Alliance must be declared publicly , gives a small Trade bonus, and, if broken, lowers stability in the traitor’s nation.

RP is not required for survival or victory but gives a nice bonus to both attack and defense in battles.At least a couple of lines are enough to grant a bonus to either income, battles, stability, trade etc. Based on your RP, you’ll gain different temporary traits. Random events can also grant or remove traits from a nation.

NPC nations will play just like human players and use their nation-specific bonuses, but will not use RP bonuses and their priority will be stability.

Claiming Sun Kingdom

Claiming The Western Federation.

I'm going to try to play them like some kind of Merchant Republic.

The Western Federation
Formed by four nations (Passi (to the north), Fiola (center north), Marin (center south) and Venina (south)), they have slowly become more together as they have had to defend themselves from other nations, and they have also begun to collaborate further in their merchantile enterprises.

In order to strengthen this collaboration, they established the Casa dei Mercatori (House of Merchants) in Tiavo (Fiola's capital) to work as a council where merchants representing the different provinces of the four nations speak about matters that affect them all. These representatives are picked by their partners, based on their charisma and their economic power. The positions in the Casa dei Mercatori are subjected to voting once every two years.

The true power, though, lies in the Consiglio (Council), formed by the three most powerful merchants of each of the four nations (twelve members in total), with the role of Gran Maestro (Grandmaster) rotating between each of the Consiglio members per month. The members of the Consiglio may be replaced if one of the other merchants believes he (or she) has more power than them.

While the Potentissimo Scudo is the main power to which every person listens to, there is still law to be followed by everyone, no matter which is their position in society.

They are a rather egalitarian society: money understands nothing of sexes, and many women are as ruthless in their pursuit of new commercial ventures and money as men. Also, knowing that a relatively well educated population is likelier to have better jobs that give them more money and, thus, the possibility to spend more money on buying things from them, all provinces fund schools where children learn many things. The most powerful merchants are also mecenati (patrons) for the best artists and scientists in the nation.

Capital: Tiavo
Coin: Scudo
Government: Oligarchical Republic

Since I like NESs, I thought I'd see what IOTs are like. I shall claim the Emirate of Kama

Well, I'll have to work around a little more . The game starts today, but I think you'll have to wait a little until I change the events I prepared for the Western Federation , because now, they don't make sense anymore.

And Milarqui, for both storyline and gameplay purposes, less Italian terms, please. It's complicated as hell as it is. Indeed, I based the Western Federation on a combination of Venice, Genoa, Papal States and Portugal, but I'd prefer more "fantasy" and less "realism". Also, for some reason, I forgot to mention that the title for one ruling your nation is Grandmaster. Your "Potentissimo Scudo" sounds nice, though.

Reminds me: I am going to do a back-story for Ke'a, so I can determine the nature of what I am ruling. I will base on consideration, including what the demon Naxargarrath looks like.

I will try to get the story done as soon as possible.

Well, I'll have to work around a little more . The game starts today, but I think you'll have to wait a little until I change the events I prepared for the Western Federation , because now, they don't make sense anymore.

And Milarqui, for both storyline and gameplay purposes, less Italian terms, please. It's complicated as hell as it is. Indeed, I based the Western Federation on a combination of Venice, Genoa, Papal States and Portugal, but I'd prefer more "fantasy" and less "realism". Also, for some reason, I forgot to mention that the title for one ruling your nation is Grandmaster. Your "Potentissimo Scudo" sounds nice, though.

Well, a couple of those terms aren't exactly Italian (Mercatori isn't an actual word), but I thought that, since the whole "Merchant Republic" was a bit of an Italian thing, then it could be fun to play them as Italian-like.

"Potentissimo Scudo" is the equivalent to "Almighty Dollar" in here. :D

Spoiler imagining painting of Kisiin :

Very long ago, even before the age of Scaanoar, Ke’a was once the cradle of a mighty empire that reached through the isle. It was a dominant hegamon, that marveled in glory.

Yet its rise gave way to its downfall the isle’s hegamon was forced to retreat to the central provinces of Ke’a and its capital, Kisiin. Those who rebelled against the hegamon turned to begin to siege. Despite the objection the Priesthood of Ishtar (the prime deity of Ke’an) and even an attempt by party of necromancers from the far away Necoracracy of Baase, the Emperor Frustra heeded the words of a shady demonic cultist by the name of Naxargarrath. Naxargarrath proclaimed that the land around Ke’a had artifacts from a long forgone clash “between divine beings” which, he argued, could by a ritual be activated to “cleanse this land of all our foes.” The Emperor agreed; foreseeing what was likely both the lightly Priesthood and the dark ambassadors from Baase began to preach people to “free from what will a doom realm,” even at the cost of their own lives as the Emperor’s guards attempted to maintain order by removing the “chaotic elements.” Yet both the high priest of the Priesthood and the lich leading the necromancers would escape far enough from the capital to bare witness to the fruits of Nexargarrath’s ritual.

Nexargarrath was permitted to the depth of the city to what was a stone column belonging to a civilization that predated the Ke’an civilization. Nexargarrath began what seemed like a… unusual mundane ritual for a demonic cultist. That was the only recorded we can acquire of what ritual was commence, nor are we certain of the nature of the column; was it a prison for a artifact or was it a artifact itself?

Whatever the case the ritual commence and ripped a hole between this mortal realm and a demonic realm.

Spoiler depiction of the fall of Kisiin :

The dark ritual began the first break of reality in the central prime of Ke’a, the capital among the first to be eaten up horrific occurrences; what was not caught in a literal rain of fire along by the dying of plant live, wildlife transformed into great monsters, those interfearing with the ritual were turned into pillars of salt. The Emperor was said to have had his ripped off by an asura that had emerged and then the head eaten by a demonic great one eyed giant. These were respectfully Rahu and Balor, two greater agents of Setesh sent to begin the proceedings of another invasion, using the city of Kisiin as a gateway.

For his actions Nexargarrath was granted demonhood but this prize was to be enjoyed only shortly before it came his form in a demonic cell; for the Priesthood of Ishtar joined forces with the rebellions. The Priests of Ishtar managed to call upon an Avatar of Ishtar to appear, who legend spoke fought back the demonic aided imperial resistance. Despite summoning Balor and Rahu the cultist turned demon Nexargarrath would find he had only delayed the final push into removing Ke’a’s imperial rule, the peoples that were not taken away by demons managed to flee the city but only to join those who had fought against the imperial rule witness further destruction of the once present land.

As punishment for the embarrassment Nexargarrath by sealed by both Balor and Rahu to the land itself, tormented by the ever demonic storms that would over the years plague the lands of Ke’a till it came a waste. Yet before retreating Balor and Rahu promised Nexargarrath that he would have time to redeem himself. As they left the gate they through was sealed and destroyed by the divine rampage of the Avatar of Ishtar.

Spoiler part of the Ke'an landscape :

Over the years the lands of Ke’a suffered continued demonic storms, the peoples who once lived there speaking of great horrors continuing to lurk in an almost lifeless realm, the necromancers who would return from Baase and continue to be succeeded by ghoulish explores who were speaking of it as deathless in its own horrific way. Yet the land’s demonic energies attracted many practices of demonic magic, many were consumed by the horrors of the land itself as payment for their foolishness, while others were trapped and tormented by demons that had managed to sneak through into the vials of this reality.

Among those of dark magic that sought out the secrets of the wastes was a warlock whom was known as Sébastien Verlinden. He leaded a band of cultists that worshiped Setesh and sought to please their demonic deity by attempting to communicate with the demonic forces. After hardships that cost the majority of his party Verlinden finally sought his destiny; the spot which Nexargarrath was imprisoned. Verlinden then sacrificed a few of his remaining cultists in order to attract demons from the wastes, which he hoped would draw a rift to allow him to release Naxargarrath. What he did instead was imprisoned himself into Naxargarrath’s chamber while a minority of the remaining cultists were to be among the few mortals to escape the wastes, their sanity though died which condemned them to lurk the lands speaking of their misfortune. Naxargarrath meanwhile made use of Verlinden to inflict parts of the suffering that Naxargarrath endured in his prison but he also preserved through dark ritual Verlinden in hope of the warlock providing a use in the redemption.
Verlinden’s intervention did however quicken the process of Naxargarragh’s release, for it allowed the demons Cleayneyder and Saevio to emerge from a rift to release Naxargarrah.

This alerted the attention of a cult known as the Willing of Valescere that had sought alongside the Ke’a border, leaded by the warlock Ooashleyder Keeia. With her came the fallen paladin Nebojša Milovanović. They emerged to help in partaking the further rituals to empower Naxargarrah and to help the begin the process of the dark mission. Cleayneyder and Saevio were both agents of Balor and Rahu respectfully, sent to serve Naxargarrah in an effort to ensure the strengthening of the demonic present. As payment for enduring Naxargarrah’s inflictions Sébastien Verlinden became the demon’s apostle, while Cleayneyder and Saevio became the now demonic lord Naxargarrah’s right and left hand respectful.

With the aid of Ooashleyder Keeia’s Willing of Valescere the demonic forces that emerged in Ke’a began the process of building up a dark force. Agents of both the remains of the Priesthood of Ishtar and the still existent Necrocacy of Baase would bring news of this demonic occurrence… but for now both forces were condemned to only watch as portals began to reinforce the new power of Ke’a; a now demonic kingdom that made a waste of all provinces bought into it and was leaded by the power Naxargarrah.

Spoiler demon and a victim :

Time would tell of what would occur.

Turn 1​

As of this turn, Blindhill Enclave is a complete NPC and nobody can claim it anymore .
Emirate of Khay, Kurman's Pirates and Chong Ha's Rebels are also unclaimable.
Rowengia becomes claimable , with the same unique units and abilities as Rantharian Empire.

Every player starts with basic stats and amounts of money determined by the strength of the Kingdom. The events presented at the end have multiple choices for the players; all must be answered, otherwise severe consequences will follow.
Remember, when posting orders, post your nation's name too. I'll ignore orders which do not include the nation's name

Map
Spoiler :

Starting stats:
(starting units do not cost Upkeep)
Everyone starts with 95% Stability.

Western Federation- 58 Provinces. - 116 upkeep - 60 EP - units: 2 Heavy Infantry, 1 Infantry, 1 Cavalry.
North watch - 42 provs - 84 upkeep - 50 EP - units: 4 halberdiers
Hakan’s raiders - 53 provs - 106 upkeep - 50 EP - units: 4 Berserkers
Steelcove - 20 provs - 50 upkeep - 70 EP - units: 5 Pirates
Skydon - 12 provs - 32 upkeep - 60 EP - units: 1 Dragonrider, 1 Infantry
Sun Kingdom - 65 provs - 130 upkeep - 45 EP - units: 10 Infantry
Kama - 29 provs - 58 upkeep - 45 EP - units: 3 Desert Raiders
Ke’a - 14 provs - 28 upkeep - 30 EP - units: 2 Infantry, 1 Demon

========================================
Events will appear in the following template:

Event name (nations affected by it)
Event description
Effects

=============
Events
Note: altough some events may cause wars against other nations, do not fear! You will not be attacked this turn by NPC's and you cannot attack or be attacked by anyone who doesn't border you directly.

New gameplay mechanic: conflict.
Being in a state of conflict against another nation means you can declare war on them at any moment, but you can also offer them peace. It means you're currently undecided, but prepared for an armed conflict. Consider it as something like having "bad relations" with another nations. having a conflict against another player will not matter much, but if the conflict is not resolved after a few turns , it can turn into a forced war against the other. Having a conflict with someone you don't share a border with is literally nothing. You might as well have an alliance with them.

Spoiler :

1) Contenders for the Throne of the Sun Kingdom (Sun Kingdom, Rockhill Enclave)
The powerful Shen dynasty has ruled the kingdom for ages, but the recent banishment of Prince Lao Shen has caused massive discontent in the Kingdom. Now, the dishonored Prince called for help from the Rockhill Enclave and their leader, Boris. He intends to retake his rightful place in the dynasty by force. Meanwhile, his brother, Wu Zi Shen, is asking for support form the locals to combat his evil brother. They father, the King, has fallen ill and the king is now Wu Zi, but by killing him, Lao would re-assume control over the Sun Kingdom. Outraged by the “ridiculous” conflict, a massive number of villagers, led by Rebel Commander Chong Ha, have declared that they will not accept another one of the Shen dynasty as their ruler, calling for a new dynasty, a new era.
Effects:
-Sun Kingdom and Rockhill Enclave are in conflict now. Sun Kingdom can chose: offer 4 provinces to Lao Shen and make peace, or war against Rockhill.
-Chong Ha Rebels declare independence from Sun Kingdom. (peaceful for now but may declare war)
-Stability -10% in Sun Kingdom

==============
2) Return of the Deathguard (Ke’a, Stormcliff, North Watch, Kaleyon City, Inner Circle)
Naxargarrath, the leader of the demonic legions on Ke’a, has made contact with a powerful entity from another world, a demigod named Gatryan. Gatryan told Naxargarrath stories of how he and his legion of darkness, the Deathguard, were once rulers of the Ke’a, over seven thousand years ago. Gatryan offered Naxargarath a pact, but Naxargarrath refused it. Unfortunately, Gatryan also contacted the greedy wizards of Kaleyon City, Naxargarrath’s sworn enemies. The wizards of Ke’a accepted Gatryan’s pact, and declared war on the Ke’a, with the sole intention of capturing one of the many portals in Ke’a and using it to bring Gatryan to this world. Blinded by promises of power, the Inner Circle joined the fray, offering their aid to the wizards of Kaleyon , declaring war on the Stormcliff nation, the ones that apparently drove away Gatryan from the continent ages ago. The wizards of Kaleyon also needed a special summoning book, kept by the North Watch in one of their most secret vaults. Ke’a and Stormcliff sent emissaries to the North Watch, urging them to not give the book to the Kaleyon.
Effects:
-Ke’a and Kaleyon are in conflict. Ke'a can openly declare war, can attempt to send an Emisarry to the Western Federation for a blockade on Kaleyon, or can be peaceful and cede one province to Kaleyon.
-Inner Circle and Stormcliff are now in conflict. Since they do not border each other, they will not fight, but should they ever reach a common border, war will start.
-Stormcliff is offering a Trade Agreement to Ke’a
-The North Watch has to choose: 1) Help Kaleyon ,gain trade agreement with Kaleyon, but gain conflict with Ke'a or 2) Refuse Kaleyon’s offer, gain Alliance with Ke’a , gain Alliance with Stormcliff, conflict with Kaleyon.

============
3) Raiders of Tchangshae Bay (Steelcove Pirates, Hakan’s Raiders, Rockhill Enclave)
There were always raiders in the Tchangshae Bay. With the formation of the Steelcove nation, they joined with the other pirates, but recently, their interest in being a nation diminished. One of them, Captain Kurman, even denied his allegiance to Steelcove, claiming that he raids in the name of Hakan’s Raiders. Seeing the incoming conflict, the Rockhill have offered Steelcove a proposal: they will take care of Kurman and his men in exchange for aid in their campaign against the Sun Kingdom.
Effects:
-Steelcove Pirates must chose: 1) let Kurman live, grant complete independence to Kurman’s Pirates ( 1 province) -10% Stability, gain Trade Agreement with Hakan’s Raiders, 2) take care of Kurman alone, war against Kurman’s pirates, or 3) Accept Rockhill’s proposal, -5% stability, gain trade Agreement with Rockhill, give 2 Pirates and 10 EP to Rockhill.

=============
4) Unrest in the Rantharian Empire (Rantharian Empire, Skydon, Western Federation, Blindhill Enclave, Henggar tribe, Ke’a, Hakan’s Raiders)
King Sydrian I of the Rantharian Empire has struggled for years to keep the nation together, but constant revolts and border disputes have got Sydrian to the end of his patience. Because of constant pressure from the locals, he had to give away a number of rebellious provinces. He also cut off his ties with the Henggar tribe, giving away all ruling rights to the Western Federation. Also, under pressure and threats from King Boris of Blindhill, Sydrian called for help form the Western Federation and Ke’a.
Effects:
-Rantharian Empire cedes 4 provinces to Skydon
-Rantharian Empire and Blindhill Enclave are now in conflict. Blindhill will declare war next turn.
-Rantharian Empire grants Independence to Rowengian Kingdom
-Rantharian Empire offers Alliance to Western Federation
-Rantharian Empire offers Trade Agreement to Ke’a
-Rantharian Empire loses 35% stability.
-Rowengian Kingdom offers Trade Agreement to Hakan’s Raiders
-Rowengian Kingdom offers trade Agreement to Skydon
-Skydon gains 1 Infantry (it’s already listed in stats)
-Blindhill Enclave offers 90 EP to Western Federation if they do not ally with the Rantharians.
-Blindhill Enclave offers Ke’a 20 EP if they refuse Trade with Rantharians.

===========
5) Kaleyon’s demands (Western Federation, Kaleyon City)
The wizards of Kaleyon wish to expand their power into the mainland. They offer the Western Federation 25 EP for the Hagan Islands (the tiny islands which make 1 province just to the west of the westernmost mainland point of the Western Federation)

Effects:
-Western Federation has to choose between: 1) Accept offer, gain 25 EP, lose Hagan Islands ( 1 province) , gain trade Agreement with Kaleyon, or 2) refuse offer, keep province, no money gained.
!NOTE:If Ke'a chooses to send an emissary in Event #2, the Western Federation hasto chose whether they will blockade Kaleyon (which will stop this event from happening) or ignore the Ke'a (which would allow this event )
==============
6) Ballak Khamir and the Island Fortress (Emirate of Kama, Jandjah kingdom)

The Island in the middle of the Khay lake was always a reason for dispute between Kama and Jandjah. It’s island fortress allowed control of the lake and it’s resources: water, salt, fish… but the Jandjah conquered it a long time ago. Now, faced with revolts from the island’s locals, and pressed by the Argassians to do so, they offer the Khay island to the Emirate of Kama. The problem is, the island locals do not want to be ruled by the Kama either. Their leader, Ballak Khamir , took up arms against both Jandjah and Kama, and said he will make peace only if the two offer all provinces which border the Khay lake to him. the Jandjah already refused him and they fight against Ballak’s armies as we speak.
Effects:
-Emirate of Khay declares independence from Jandjah Kingdom.
-Emirate of Kama must choose: 1) accept Ballak’s demands, give away 2 provinces to Emirate of Khay, gain trade Agreement with Emirate of Khay ,gain Alliance with Khay , gain conflcit with Jandjah,2) stay neutral,lose nothnig, gain conflict with Khay or 3) refuse Ballak’s claims, war with Emirate of Khay .

Question: The EP in the stats is the cash we are earning per turn or the cash we have saved?

To: Kaleyon City

While your offer is interesting, we fear that the people of the Hagan Islands would rather remain as part of the Federation.

To: Rantharian Empire

We will help you in the defense of your territory against the evil bandits of Blindhill. Their existence is a constant threat to our ventures in the continent, and we desire to secure our investments in your land.

We are also thankful that you have renounced to impose your government on us.

In the spirit of aiding you in your struggle, we suggest that we initiate a Trade Agreement between our two nations, to increase the wealth you have, so that you may be able to arm more soldiers.

Question: The EP in the stats is the cash we are earning per turn or the cash we have saved?

To: Kaleyon City

While your offer is interesting, we fear that the people of the Hagan Islands would rather remain as part of the Federation.

To: Rantharian Empire

We will help you in the defense of your territory against the evil bandits of Blindhill. Their existence is a constant threat to our ventures in the continent, and we desire to secure our investments in your land.

We are also thankful that you have renounced to impose your government on us.

In the spirit of aiding you in your struggle, we suggest that we initiate a Trade Agreement between our two nations, to increase the wealth you have, so that you may be able to arm more soldiers.

First, the EP in the stats is your starting one. Its not from the stats; its just a starting amount for each nation.
Second, "We are also thankful that you have renounced to impose your government on us", What? The Rantharians were not imposing government over the Federation. The Federation and the Empires conjointly ruled Henggar, but now, due to internal strife, Rantharians gave up on their rights so all that's stopping Henggar and Harrmarath from invading you and the rantharians is the fact that the storyline dictates that the Henggar is paid by you to be neutral. (don't worry, you're not losing any money)

Third, Rantharians accept Trade Agreement.

ORDERS:
Spoiler :
Steelcove
Train yer 10 pirates with yer 30 EPs, yarr
Put the rest six feet underground (banking?)

ROLEPLAY:
The captains sat around a desk, weathered and pockmarked by the clefts left by daggers slammed down in fits of rage.
There was Lord Captain Aron Scarr, Pirate King of Steelcove. There was Ol' Monkey Jim, lord of the lands of the North. and there were assembled several lesser captains.
"What should we do 'bout the traitor, Lord?"
"Fetch me another drink."
"Yes, Lord."
Several rounds of ale later, the pirates sat down and wrote a little letter.
To: Ye goddamn scumbags who declare independence

We thought long and hard about this and in the end, we have decided that yer islands need to be put under new development (take option 2)
To: Hakan's raiders

Would ye be interested in trade and/or an alliance?

First, the EP in the stats is your starting one. Its not from the stats; its just a starting amount for each nation.
OK, good.
Second, "We are also thankful that you have renounced to impose your government on us", What? The Rantharians were not imposing government over the Federation. The Federation and the Empires conjointly ruled Henggar, but now, due to internal strife, Rantharians gave up on their rights so all that's stopping Henggar and Harrmarath from invading you and the rantharians is the fact that the storyline dictates that the Henggar is paid by you to be neutral. (don't worry, you're not losing any money)
A misreading of the event, actually.

Third, Rantharians accept Trade Agreement.
Good.

To: Blindhill Enclave

You may consider yourself at war with us from this moment on. The best way you can avoid this is to surrender now, before our troops smash through your defenses.

The gates emerging in Ke’a would in time great influx of demonic forces into this mortal world. Naxargarrath look from the ruins (or rather the few desolated stones remaining of those ruins) of Kisiin, watching as fresh demons lay prey to the unfortunate messenger from Blindhill Enclave that had foolishly attempted to tempt the tempter, resulting in pleasure for the demons of the messenger’s pain. Yet the messenger was not the concern for Naxargarrath but the foolish Gatryan who had dared proclaimed to be a sovereign alterative to the will of Setesh. Now wizards have embark to serve the dark “demigod” against the might of the demons that stepped into the bare lands of Ke’a. The North Watch were being tempted by the agents of Gatryan, while pleasant news came that the Western Federation did not bow to the wizards’ weak temptations. As for Blindhill… more offerings, more rifts, more demons… such possible tempted Naxargarrath greatly.

His word would have to be spoken.

The word of Lord Naxargarrath is to be spoken by messengers from the Willing of Valescere. Letters have been written by Ooashleyder Keeia herself to ensure authority on Naxargarrath’s behalf. They will set out to bring the following messages to the mortals lands that are we concerned with.

Spoiler cultist messanger :

---

To the North Watch’s leadership.

It is often fitting that one dances with demons in the pale moonlight to prepare to strike other shadowy forces down… such is the rivalry between the divines. In it our interest that you do not strive for a pact with the servants of the ‘demigod’ Gatryan. It is our interest and yours that a common foe is… not set to presence here the foolish wizards of Kaleyon. Hence our agreements is set; help us and we will gain a necessary alliance to help bring down the dark wizards. This will in turn allow us to offer you power most grand indeed.

Consider well in your choice of crusade.

Ooashleyder Keeia, chief warlock of the Willing of Valescere and servant to Lord Naxargarrath of Ke’a.

---

To the Western Federation’s leadership

We have heard of your refusal of the Kaleyon offer and are grateful you turn down the plots of the wizards. They dream to harm and help release their dark ‘demigod,’ Gatryan. As thanks we must heed ourselves well; we can aid you in your struggles by forging a trade pact and alliance with you, so that you have the power in return for aiding our rise. You will be rewarded in time.

May your federation continue to stand.

Ooashleyder Keeia, chief warlock of the Willing of Valescere and servant to Lord Naxargarrath of Ke’a.

---

To the Rantharian Empire’s leadership

We have received a bribe from the Blindhill Enclave. We have declined the bribe but we did take their messenger as a sacrifice to our demonic masters. We will accept your trade offer and agree to aid offer an alliance with you in your struggle against the sinners of the Blindhill Enclave. If possible send us your prisoners of war as offering to Lord Naxargarrath and his legions. We will make the Blindhill Enclave’s enforers regret ever setting against you.

Consider well.

Top Bottom