Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Indonesia

Votes: 32 35.6%
  • Rome

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Turks

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters
I would like to suggest Congo for the next time. IMO its goals are currently the hardest in the game.
I'm currently trying that one. The first goal is a matter of luck (which mostly comes down to how many civs switched to Protestantism). In the second one, I recall being able to use city population to build slaves, which was replaced with defeating native units in combat. Either way, you can't do anything if the AI refuses to buy your slaves.

You know what, in the next poll I'll vote for Colombia as well, it's one of the least visited geographical areas in one of the least played times. Especially because it takes you through all of South America. Congo feels more passive and confined, if that makes sense.

My vote for Arabia here doesn't seem to be achieving much, so I'll add one more to Rome if it ends up being needed.

I changed my vote to Rome (Inca did not seem to win).

I think the guiding question for voting should be: what civ can give Leo the most insightful playing experience to improve the game?

I think Rome has received so much attention - not only it's a very popular civ (constant feedback), it also plays in a popular area (Europe, mediterranean), and has been around since the first version of the mod. On the other hand, Indonesia has none of those, and to quote 1SDan, "feel the pain of Indonesia". Indeed, that gameplay sometimes feel tedious and uneventful. Playing it, he can get insight into the trading company events, naval gameplay, and perhaps commercial-oriented strategies - plus it's in a different region (SEA, noting he did just play Japan though) and it's equally a long playtime. Maybe he gets some more inspiration to add the Malay at some (earlier) point with the new map even?

Just my two cents anyway. Looking forward to the results and next game report.

I always love to hear that the goal is to make me suffer.

I think the guiding question for voting should be: what civ can give Leo the most insightful playing experience to improve the game?

I think Rome has received so much attention ...

You explained my own thought with an English better than mine.
The goal of those games is to improve the mod, and the greater complexity of the game is the interaction between civs.
A civ that for historical time or geographic ara does not interact so much with other civs is out of the goal, IMO.

For this reason i voted for Rome and i cannot understand why so many players voted for Indonesia, whose UHV could be got just conquering Pagan and settling a couple of cities to get luxury resources.

The goal of those games is to improve the mod, and the greater complexity of the game is the interaction between civs.
A civ that for historical time or geographic ara does not interact so much with other civs is out of the goal, IMO.

For this reason i voted for Rome and i cannot understand why so many players voted for Indonesia, whose UHV could be got just conquering Pagan and settling a couple of cities to get luxury resources.
I think the point is if the UHV is as easy as that, it it needs the playthrough more than Rome.

Most of the non western civs are very difficult to play. I think its time to have a more unique experience and see a play through with them. As others have said, Rome has been showered with so much attention as long as DOC (or all of Civ for that matter) has ever existed.

Most of the non western civs are very difficult to play. I think its time to have a more unique experience and see a play through with them. As others have said, Rome has been showered with so much attention as long as DOC (or all of Civ for that matter) has ever existed.
being honest i often find the non European civs the easiest, (barring Byzantium which is laughably easy, Alexandria goes brrr). Indonesia is THE premier secondary power of the far east. its got easy access to food and luxuries galore, it's a stones throw away from colonizing northern Australia with all its late game strategic resources and has decent enough production to take advantage of it. Its a solid 3rd rank in Asia if its played right

Rome in game is a powerhouse that you can win all sorts of victories with. It has nice UU and UB. UHV is fine(except for maybe the tech goal). Modifiers are good (again except for the tech part). It is good as is.

In comparison, Indonesia is boring to play. There's really not much you can do with it. Settle and hook up resources, build up and colonize Australia and America, and click Next Turn until the end of time...

So I voted Indonesia, it needs more attention to become a interesting civ to play.

(One complaint: Indonesia's 2nd historical goal has always been securing 10 happiness resources. Sugar and whale were considered to be happiness resources in ancient versions of the game but not any more, which makes the goal harder now.)

In comparison, Indonesia is boring to play. There's really not much you can do with it. Settle and hook up resources, build up and colonize Australia and America, and click Next Turn until the end of time...

The wonder of this mod we love is that you can chose a civ where you must do something each turn, and a civ where you have to click Next Turn for most of the time and pray nothing happens.
If you don't like a boring game, play as Rome, Persia, Arabia, Mongols... and let Indonesia be boring.

The wonder of this mod we love is that you can chose a civ where you must do something each turn, and a civ where you have to click Next Turn for most of the time and pray nothing happens.
If you don't like a boring game, play as Rome, Persia, Arabia, Mongols... and let Indonesia be boring.
Indonesia isn't "boring", most of the time you are balancing act between rushing to catch up in time techwise and preparing for the Spanish/Dutch conquests. In fact there a very few civs that play like that unless that is your goal.

being honest i often find the non European civs the easiest, (barring Byzantium which is laughably easy, Alexandria goes brrr). Indonesia is THE premier secondary power of the far east. its got easy access to food and luxuries galore, it's a stones throw away from colonizing northern Australia with all its late game strategic resources and has decent enough production to take advantage of it. Its a solid 3rd rank in Asia if its played right
I guess I am just not good at playing :lol:

Top Bottom