Let's make predictions for 2023!

Hope fer the best, prepare fer the worst!

Anyhow. Knowing the future is a fool's game

Iirc Hume said, science is the expectation that the future will behave like the past, and with that, we form a pattern and predict events.

In 2004 Aceh's beach line water was pulled and the naked ground was filled with fish. People were so happy and went there to collect the fish, little that they know that was actually a symptom related to the tsunami, all of them got struck and that day more than 200k died.

I just wish I can understand if there is a sign of a financial tsunami, and in which direction I should save myself.

Last edited:
ı predict more Mearscheimer or whomever articles that encourage Russians to keep to current stuff so that they will end up defeated faster .

Eagles win the Super Bowl this year.

A movie or tv series I'm looking forward to will be disappointing; something I hadn't even heard of will be the one of the best things I see, hear, or read; I'll discover some awesome music that's years or decades old, that I never knew about before (possibly, it'll be something I heard and didn't like back in the day).

Ireland will win the Six Nations; France will win the Rugby World Cup; the United States will win the FIFA Women's World Cup; and the Dodgers will win the World Series. Magomed Ankalaev will become the UFC Light-Heavyweight champion; Robert Whittaker will become the Middleweight champion. The Red Sox will suck.

A movie or tv series I'm looking forward to will be disappointing; something I hadn't even heard of will be the one of the best things I see, hear, or read; I'll discover some awesome music that's years or decades old, that I never knew about before (possibly, it'll be something I heard and didn't like back in the day).

Ireland will win the Six Nations; France will win the Rugby World Cup; the United States will win the FIFA Women's World Cup; and the Dodgers will win the World Series. Magomed Ankalaev will become the UFC Light-Heavyweight champion; Robert Whittaker will become the Middleweight champion. The Red Sox will suck.
Now for me that's a hard pill to swallow but I do think you might be right.

And don't forget: It will rain; there will be sunny days in June; and the humidity will make you sweat! :p

And don't forget: It will rain; there will be sunny days in June; and the humidity will make you sweat! :p
Also, I will find out that an actor, musician or athlete I like is the child of another actor, musician or athlete I like, and I will feel old.

As I said in the other thread: Trump will be indicted in the 1Q of 2023.

Threads merged.

Ravens select Bijan Robinson in the nfl draft with their first round pick.

It's almost end, you can read up how accurate the predictions are.

A movie or tv series I'm looking forward to will be disappointing;
Secret Invasion on Disney+. Even with all of Marvel's problems lately, I still thought this was a layup. A low-CGI, paranoid spy-thriller starring Sam Jackson, Don Cheadle, Olivia Colman, Ben Mendelsohn, Emilia Clarke and Kingsley Ben-Adir? If they'd given that cast and premise to Jed Mercurio it probably would have been one the best shows of the decade. And probably at half the budget. Instead, we got this. :dubious:

something I hadn't even heard of will be the one of the best things I see, hear, or read;
Lessons in Chemistry and The Changeling on Apple TV+, both based on books I'd never heard of.

I'll discover some awesome music that's years or decades old, that I never knew about before (possibly, it'll be something I heard and didn't like back in the day).
One of each: "Don't Stop" (1976) by Spaceark and "Separate Ways" (1983) by Journey. Spaceark is a band I'd heard of, but had never listened to much. "Don't Stop" was on the soundtrack of Rachel Brosnahan's I'm Your Woman (2020), which is a decent movie, if it looks like your type of thing. I had no use for Journey when they were all over the radio in '83, but for some reason this song crept into my ears this year.

I was right about Ireland in the 6 Nations and about the Red Sox being bad, wrong about everything else.

Also, I will find out that an actor, musician or athlete I like is the child of another actor, musician or athlete I like, and I will feel old.
I hit this one just a couple of weeks ago: Eve Hewson, who starred in the movie Flora & Son (2023) with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, is the daughter of Bono. The trailer for the movie is brutal, the movie's much better than that, so instead I'll post one of her da's songs, 'cause I know there's some eejit here about to ask who Bono is.

6 for 6 in predictions
Trump will not be incarcerated
check
Trump will not be convicted
check
Trump will not withdraw from the POTUS race
check
Biden will not be impeached
check
Biden will not appoint any SCOTUS Justices
check, none in 2023, although Biden did appoint Justice Ketanji Brown-Jackson in 2022.
Biden will not decline to run for POTUS
check

Last edited:
Top Bottom