Let's Play Gods & Kings - Carthage

Yup, I am having fun with it already. Already found some guy I want to attack. Just have to build up my forces first. :) The other Civ settled in a place I wanted. It is a coastal city with 5 or 6 tile improvements.

I think you got a little problem with the thread name.

Thanks for doing this Grumpy, you're feeding my G&K habit until the game's released in the UK, so keep 'em coming.

Can't help but think your name's a bit of a misnomer - was expecting ranting and fist-shaking when Hiawatha stole your ruin, and instead all we got was a mildly muttered "little ba***rd!".

I think you got a little problem with the thread name.

Yeah, I noticed. Can I edit it? Well, I will try to figure it out. :)

Just ask a mod to do it. I don't think you can yourself

Moderator Action: Fixed, and moved to the "Stories & Let's Plays" section.
In general, if you have a problem with something, then don't hesitate to directly contact us moderators :). You can do it either via private message, or report the post which needs fixing/moderator attention (via the button to the left of each post)
Please take also a look at the general information for thread formatting in this section, thanks :).

Moderator Action: Fixed, and moved to the "Stories & Let's Plays" section.
In general, if you have a problem with something, then don't hesitate to directly contact us moderators :). You can do it either via private message, or report the post which needs fixing/moderator attention (via the button to the left of each post)
Please take also a look at the general information for thread formatting in this section, thanks :).

Thanks for fixing my thread. :)

Your General only moved one hex because he crossed an unbridged river. Terrain costs and enemy zone of control are why sometimes your units are only moving one hex.

Definitely take out Hiawatha, he stole your ruin and your city space. And he'll attack you if you don't attack him with your borders so close. May as well get your hits in first.

Yup, that is the plan. I am building my army up to take that coastal city. That city has a lot of nice bonuses.

Be careful because Askia is also upset and likely will declare on you soon. With your map position (in between 3 fairly aggressive civs) your strategy for this map is pretty much cut-and-dried. Namely, build military units. Then when you think you have enough, build more military units.

I don't know what Askia is doing. It looks like he only has one city. By the way, part 6 just went live. I fight my first war.

I like your videos, they are great. I have two sugestions:
Build one more warrior, let him embark so he can catch the ruins over the sea
Maybe one more settler to catch the ivory for carthages UU
Maybe it is time to boost science by bulding libraries
Good luck for your story :)

I like your videos, they are great. I have two sugestions:
Build one more warrior, let him embark so he can catch the ruins over the sea
Maybe one more settler to catch the ivory for carthages UUCiv 5.
Maybe it is time to boost science by bulding libraries
Good luck for your story :)

I was a little shocked to find out that Carthage doesn't need access to elephants to build war elephants. You need to get access to horses because the war elephant replaces the horseman.

I love episode 9. You get to see a real battle with 15 or 20 units. The AI does a better job at taking advantage of terrain, forming battle lines and putting archers in the rear. The AI still isn't as smart as you but it is a major upgrade over vanilla Civ 5.

I hope you will finish this lets play I really love carthage

I will watch it and subscribe :)

I will definitely finish it. I don't want to get a reputation as one of those LPers who gets bored in the middle of a game and stops. Personally, I avoid those kind of guys with the plague. I have watched like 30 episodes of an LP before just to discover that the guy got bored with it.

Top Bottom