[BTS] Let's Play - Immortal Hammy

Checked the save, I think you should OB with Isabella and road to her. Obv sailing is not far away either, which should guarantee you routes to everyone. If you are afraid of demands to stop trading with worst enemy, cancel the deal in 10 turns. You probably do get some missionaries for free in that time.
I'll do that, she's close to my eastern borders and indeed a religious spammer. Hopefully she will spread buddhism to Gondar for a border pop.

Ok first a reminder to myself: don't make notes in notepad but in a forum post. Forum has autosave, notepad doesn't. :old: My pc just crashed right after a complete turnset... luckily I still have the pictures! So here we go... turns 80 to 88:

T80 - 875 BC: I switch Gondar to work the coast, open borders with Isa. Move northern warrior towards Nippur because it will grow into unhappiness soon.
T81 - 850BC: I spot a settling party of Isa approaching, hopefully she won't target my FP/gold spot. My settler won't be finished until T84 with two chops.
Spoiler :

T82 - 825BC: Salamanca is settled. :confused: That cannot have been the same settler I saw last turn, so there must have been another one. I'm afraid Isa is definitely targeting the gold site! Better hurry my settler in Akkad... (Aksum is not actually building the settler, was just a placeholder. I think I whipped the library there 4-->2 so I can work scientists there, and pop the borders soon.)
Spoiler :

T83 - 800BC: Qin builds the Great Lighthouse. Well done buddy. No other wonders yet, my Mids will be safe, I'm sure. Still no alpha...
T84 - 775BC: Settler is finished in Akkad. I spot Isa's settler at the forested PH 2N of the gold. I can't reach my desired spot this turn, so hopefully Isa is going for the same spot and doesn't settle on one of the desert tiles...:shifty:
T85 - 750BC: Lol AI's can be funny sometimes [pimp]. Isa does the expected and moves to the best spot to settle (which is quite good for the AI), however unfortunately for her I am just a bit quicker! Borsippa is settled. Isa is disappointed
Spoiler :

T86 - 725BC: In the south, Brennus shows up with a settler to claim some of the land of the raised barb city. I trade some animals around with Hatty for better relations. With a final chop I will finish the Mids next turn. Aesthetics is in, will research mysticism in one turn in anticipation of tech trades to come. Need polytheism for literature, so I can build the Great Library and National Epic in Aksum, my future GP-farm.
Spoiler :

T87 - 700BC: The Piramids are mine! :run: In Babylon a GS is born, I honor him by erecting an academy. The scientists responsible for this memorable fact are whipped away into an aquaduct. Overflow will go into the Hanging Gardens. I switch into Representation, so unfortunately there is one turn of mandatory anarchy.
Spoiler :

T88 - 675BC: An eventful turn: firstly, I receive my failgold from the mids. Secondly, Brennus settles Camulodunumdududum in the jungle. That leaves my desired future settling spot still available. Thirdly, Hatty is the first to research Alpha! She will trade it for Maths & Aest, chipping in Sailing and Hunting. I'm not very keen on this trade, I'd rather have Poly but she won't trade it to me (she has her reasons...). Should I put one turn into Alpha and try to trade it for Aest alone?
Spoiler :

That concludes this turnset. I'll get alpha soon and hopefully make some nice trades with the other AI. Mistakes noted: have been neglecting the trade route income, still no roads into Spain. Workers have been too busy chopping the settler and mids. I hope to get a few more workers soon. Feel free to comment on any other mistakes, stupid moves, or any other epic fails I haven't even noticed!

Edit: Note that Hatty switched into Hinduism at T87 or T88. There will be no lovefest on this landmass, that's for sure! :ar15:

Last edited:
Turnset T88 - T99

T88 - 675BC: Will put one turn research into alpha, so I can hopefully trade it next turn with Hatty. OB with Brennus.

T89 - 650BC: Confucianism in Korea. Isa expands to 9 cities. Borders of Aksum pop, so Gondar can finally work the sheep. Start building HG in Babylon, will add some chops. Trades: Aest for Alpha with Hatty, Math for IW with Wang. Find iron at Borsippa. Luckily I was able to snatch that city under Isa's nose. Need to get libraries up so I can work Rep-scientists. Will whip one in Nippur next turn. Can't get medi or poly yet, maybe next turn... Meanwhile doing +9:gold: at 0% research.
Spoiler :

T90 - 625BC: Temple of Artemis built by Egypt, so polytheism get available on the market. Trade Math for Sailing and Poly with Hatty, and clams for crabs with Brennus. Whip library in Nippur. Start researching literature (3 turns). Want to build GLib in Aksum
Spoiler :

T91 - 600BC: Start putting some hammers in Panthenon for failgold. Same for Maoi in Nippur. Trade Sailing + Writing for Monotheism with Brennus. Still Hatty is the only Civ with alpha, so all the others are starting to trail behind (see trade screen). Next turn I'll try to get PH for Mono from Wang.
Spoiler :

T92 - 575BC: Trade PH for Mono.
T93 - 550BC: Finish Hanging Gardens! Start settler in Aksum to whip into GLib, workers start chopping. With extra citizen from HG i whip the library in Dur-kur.
T94 - 525BC: Buddhism and confucianism spread. I got all religion, if I need to switch into one. Isa, Brennuns, Wang and Hatty are all in different religions. No wars yet, but definitely some worst enemies. Maybe I can start a war somewhere...
T95 - 500BC: Wang uses Great Spy to start a GA. Whip granaries in Borsippa and Akkad. Whip Library in Gondar.
T96 - 475BC: Whip settler in Aksum, overflow will go into GLib. Got some chops ready for it.
T97 - 450BC: Chop 4 forests into GLib.
T98 - 425BC: Trade Meditation for Mono with Qin.
T99 - 400BC: Finish Currency. Sippar is founded. Will finish GLib next turn with one extra chop, will start with NEpic in Aksum next. This will be my GP farm.
Spoiler :

Have to decide on my next tech now, and what I'm aiming on further. Could easily peacefully continue to lib MT and do a classic cuir outbreak. Especially now I can fund my research by selling outdated techs.

Attachments

• Immortal Hammy BC-0400.civbeyondswordsave
    130.7 KB · Views: 38
From the pictures, It looks like you have very good position. So, having 8 cities and horses it looks like Cuirs rush should bring to easy win. Most of you cities have good amount of food, so, whipping cuirs you can easily have overhelming army.:king:

Ok first a reminder to myself: don't make notes in notepad but in a forum post. Forum has autosave, notepad doesn't. :old:

Get Notepad++, it retains open tabs across shutdowns, as well as being a better editor of just about every file type.

I agree with the Notepad++ comment.

Turn resource bubbles on in your screenshot :)

I would consider a helper city for the capital, to work more cottage tiles pre-bureaucracy. E.g. 3W1S. That site also has plenty of food to later turn into a cuirassier whipping center.
Is there room for a city in the North?

What is the research plan? Do you want the Colossus? Doesn't seem especially useful here. A Music Golden Age, or Civil Service, would be my default options.

I agree with the Notepad++ comment too :)

There is space for a city up north, with marble, horse and whale. No food however so I don't know whether it will be of much value any time soon. Was considering to squeeze in an additional city in the SW, will add some border tension but I do see the added value of this. Will see where I will get the extra settler from.

Tech-wise, Metal Casting was just a placeholder. Music is not really competed yet, since only Hatty knows aest, however I probably will trade this tech around for all the cash. Maybe I will add drama, it will give me a discount for music and can always be used as a nice trade bait. Maybe Wang will trade me CoL in the meantime, so I only have to tech CS myself. GA from music and bureaucracy from CS are the main targets now.

Edit: drama is also required for Philosophy (bulb?) -> Nationalism (Taj)

Last edited:
Can't check the save due to BULL, but everything seems to be developing smoothly. You can choose from a variety of ways to win, but I think cuirassiers is the most normal thing to do.

So for me, the next decisions would center on getting the fastest cuirassier attack date. Can settling a city improve that date? Very unlikely. In an optimal world, maintain 100% slider with failgold, get the necessary :gp: for bulbs and grow cities in anticipation of cuirassier whips. HA-upgrade is very expensive, but maybe that is possible too with a GM.

If Brennus has any juicy cities, why not capture a couple of them with axes and then get construction from him (through peace treaty) while teching for Cuirs?

Turnset T100 - T104

T100 - 375BC: Decided to go music -> (CoL) -> CS. Music for the GA, CoL for cheap courthouses and CS for bureaucracy. Also thought it would be fun to stir things up a bit:
Spoiler :
Techs are already known by (almost) all other civs. Should slow them down considerably.

T101 - 350BC: Finish GLib in Aksum, start on NEpic. Other cities put hammers in wonders for failgold. Qin gets bribed in on Egypt by Brennus, have to monitor how this war is going.
Spoiler :

T104 - 275BC: Finish music first, Kalidas is born in Babylon. Wang won't trade me CoL, he also has Calendar already. Qin has monopolies on Monarchy and Construction.
Spoiler :

Next turn I'll either get a GS (for Philo bulb:please:) or a GP (can bulb Theology:thumbsdown:)... Hatty builds the Parthenon in the middle of her double war[pimp], which will grant me lots of failgold.

Top Bottom