Let's start a G&K thread for UP/VE

As mitsho said the latest changes to civup for G&K are to make it compatible with the expansion. Compatibility has to come first; after that I'll work on adding new features.

Hi Thal

Just to let you know that robk has done his magic stuff and released an updated version of the Info Addict mod...

v17 Changes:
- Now compatible with Gods and Kings expansion.
- Faith and Faith per turn are now tracked and displayed for each civ.

...I assume that this will need to be updated in your Unofficial patch....?

In the meantime would it cause an issue if the UP is loaded and then the new version 17 of Info Addict is also added, but as you can't adjust the load order I would doubt that would work...?

Thanks for all you do Thal :)

Strange, I'm sure I wrote a reply to this last week... must have hit a wrong button somewhere. :crazyeye:

InfoAddict and my project have always been independently compatible in the past, so I don't think any changes are necessary to use it with civup.

It alternates strategic/nonstrategic and 4/2 moves, which is really weird.

Nothing weird about it at all, it's the line is about anti. Anti Horses, Anti Horses, Anti Tank, Anti Tank.

So think of Germany as having a strong counter line of units, that upgrades according to what is current to defend against.

@Thal: That was in the stickied 'CiVUP - CiV Unofficial Patch' thread ;)

yes, GEM (get the pun, G&K Enhanced Mod ;)) isn't available yet. First tasks are to fix the bugs and make stable Vanilla Enhanced and G&K Unoffical Patch mods ;) It's written about five or six posts above you btw.

I have been playing with TBM/VEM from almost the moment CivV came out, and now that I have G&K I have played vanilla for the first time ever.

To my surprise, I find the vanilla game excellent. Lots of Thal's most important changes have now been incorporated into the base game, the AI is much improved and naval combat now exists. Three things in particular have struck me:

* cities are now much harder to take without combined arms and catapults (which no longer require iron!) are necessary to take cities (and not good for much else).
* Gold is now much more difficult to get in the early game, which adds challenge to fielding an army.
* Research Agreements seem to be fixed; and science is a lot slower than before.

In all, I would say that the devs learned a lot from Thal's VEM work, and took a lot of his ideas to make the game much better. To my surprise I am now considering NOT downloading the new CiVUP when it becomes compatible – although I must admit I really miss some of the UI improvements. The only thing that still annoys me from vanilla now is the 'full heal' promotion – that should really have been removed as per VEM.

I am in the same boat and very much agree (as well with Txurce).

I'd also vote for the following suggestion (if voting counts...):

I would also really like a "More efficient" active espionage policy in Communism (inspiring dissidents in other countrieS) and a "more efficient" defensive policy in Autocracy (nationalistic tendencies). And maybe one (in Freedom) giving an additional spy?

So far I find the espionage system a great addition with great potential for GEM improvement. Given how these 3 policies influence late-game diplomacy, I think it makes sense they would also have an effect on an active mechanism of diplomacy, like espionage.

Likewise, all three benefit suggestions fit well with the policy types (also assuming Elizabeth gets her UA readjusted).

Top Bottom