Let's Talk About . . .

Stegyre

Expatriate
Brighton!

You know, the one in East Sussex.

East Sussex in the United Kingdom.

(Hey, I'm American: I wouldn't know where it was without looking it up on the web.)

Well, it looks like I'm moving there for the next three years: the wife landed a research position at the Moulsecoomb campus of the University of Brighton.

I seem to recall that at least a couple of CFCers live right in the Brighton area. (I think it was Mise and Feline.) Others of you are possibly at least familiar with the area. What advice do you have on where to live, rent or purchase, schools (our 4-year old would be starting school next January in the UK school system), etc.

No lets not talk about Brighton.

I was going out with a girl. For 4 years. But she moved to Brighton. And long distance was crap. So we split up.

I don't like Brighton now!!

edit - this post looks really silly with Mise's location! :lol: Especially when he actually works just down the road from her :crazyeye: For those who forget, I actually live in Bath, which is 3andahalf/4 hours by train to Brighton, unlike Crawley, which is like half an hour:lol:

One of the major settings in Quadrophenia. Stoney beaches. That's all I know.

My friend goes to uni there. The beaches aren't very good. Lots of *nudge nudge wink wink* going on under the pier aswell, or so I'm told.

Gay centre of England.. thats about it.. oh an posh communter belt for london

Top Bottom