Letting a civ war on a city state

LFRANK

Semper Fidelis!
So I'm playing as France and have become suzerain of the city-state Granada. They, as is their want gone unit crazy (see image). To my west is Poland who has been aggressive the entire game with me having fought off one war already. Poland has also built a sizable army and declares on Granada. Unfortunately they can't fight as my cities of Lyon, Calais, and Toulouse block them from each other.

I'd really like to let them clash but can't find any mechanism that would allow Granada to cross my lands and attack while letting Poland stay away. I guess I could allow Poland access but don't really want to fight them right now. Instead, I'd like to watch the two whittle away at each other and increase my odds for declaring on Poland a bit later.

Anyone see an alternative I might try? Thx

granada_vs_poland.jpg

Granada is your ally and so could walk through your land anytime they want, they are just being shy
Your screenshot does not show how much gold you have but you could buy the use of Granada's army and that looks like enough to play kill the idiot. After all there is no guarantee Granada would not just suicide their forces... maybe that's why they are not walking across your land.... a 12 year old prince is in charge of the army.
Take the reins!, seize the day! poleaxe them!

Currently am short about 600g (need 1650g) to levy them as fodder for a proxy war. Got lots of commercial districts and making +60g per turn so I could wait 10 turns and then hire them for war. Had not considered that option at all.

Also, can't say I've ever observed a city-state unit wander across my lands. They may have, I just don't remember them doing so.

I tend to be a bit too cautious when attacking other civs but am working to resolve that issue the more I play.

Thx for the advice. I'll wait a few turns and give it a try.

Great! By the time I saved up the gold to hire Granada's units, Poland offers me a friendship deal! Not too many turns before she was threatening me.

Sigh, is it just me, or are all other civs borderline psychopaths in their behaviors and comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
you could let Poland in and use your own units to funnel their units into a kill zone close to the city state and let them deal the damage
bleh, didn't read the last half of that post. future reference!

Sigh, is it just me, or are all other civs borderline psychopaths in their behaviors and comments?

Some agendas may cause this, especially those that revolve around you having more/less of something than them. For example, with Poland, if you're running very close to them in faith per turn, she'll fluctuate from yellow to green and back in no time depending on who is 1 fpt ahead at this time :)

Top Bottom