Level 3 Capped

GoaGalneGbilski

Chieftain
None of my units can get above level 3 which they reach very fast since I have the Honor policy. They just get to level 3 and then won't get any experience. Affects every unit that can get experience. Didn't notice it until now, so I don't know from what point it originated. Here is the save: SAVE
Here are two previous saves: Save 1, Save 2 (Bug exists in these too.)

I haven't checked your saves, but are you sure you aren't seeing the rule that prevents barbarians from granting experience beyond 30 (= level 3)?

Yeah, saw that after i fought another civ's galley. Didn't know there was a rule about that. Was the rule in civ 4? Because I said "New to Civ 5" in advisor level. (I usually let the stacks handle themselves so I might not have noticed it) In either case, having the advisors say it when a unit fights a barbarian with more than 30 xp would help.

I'm seeing the same cap at 30 XP with the game set to no barbarians. Wouldn't make sense to me, but could this also be an intentional cap?

I'm seeing the same cap at 30 XP with the game set to no barbarians. Wouldn't make sense to me, but could this also be an intentional cap?

The same rule applies to City-States. Otherwise, the sky's the limit.

Top Bottom