Liberty Domination Walkthrough

Well if it's the last 2 civs and you can take their capitals PDQ then I'd say this too is an exception - they're no longer runaways but obstacles in YOUR way to a DomV. YOU'RE the runaway at this point. Assuming that neither of the 2 has the ability to win CV, DiploV or SV before you take both capitals, I say use every resource you can before you DoW.

Finally, turn 338 victory with Germany on Pangea! Could have been 15-20 turns faster if I didnt stop and wait for Nuclear Missiles to end the game. (I could have fought my last enemy, Morocco head on, but I chose not to just for fun)

I went for 3 city Tradition though, not Liberty. I started attacking from turn 202 with artilleries and stopped only twice, once to wait for rocket artilleries and after that for Nuclear missiles. I kept fighting the entire game, first Shoshone, then Rome, then Carthage, Celts and Morocco. Panzers are super strong so that was fun.

I'm not sure how to transition from a liberty style XB push into an artillery push though, I still cant seem to do that.

How do you get the unit icons on the right? I have the Enhanced UI but am dumb as a truck so can't work it out.

How do you get the unit icons on the right? I have the Enhanced UI but am dumb as a truck so can't work it out.

I am not sure I played with some settings in the options but I don't think they actually did anything regarded the unit icons on the left. Yours might be an outdated version, I downloaded this a couple weeks ago but before that I was using the previous version (at least that's what I think that was) and there were no icons on the left.

Sorry I meant unit icons on the left. I guess I have an old version. Will update accordingly.

I think it funny that, despite the thread title, the most recent and strongest feedback IMHO is about early policies other than Liberty!

Take honor after the free settler to find the camps and to help with culture... -Since you are already in honor, try to get to Professional Army for cheaper upgrades... The benefit of a garrison w/ Military Caste is too great to pass up.

I went for 3 city Tradition though, not Liberty.

I will be sticking with consentient’s 3-city Honor/Commerce approach!

I will be sticking with consentient’s 3-city Honor/Commerce approach!

I am glad I could bring the strategy to your attention, beetle, but it is in no way 'my' approach. I took the whole thing from Peddroelm, who is in my opinion a true innovator. He worked out that the game can be won in the Industrial Era and drew from this many conclusions, including that growth and science are not really needed past a certain point provided you have a well-trained army, and that the key is getting to Machinery PDQ, and Dynamite PDQ after that. Much of what he does in his VidLPs flies in the face of 'conventional wisdom', and his play style (which I've tried to adopt) is really, really fun, compared with other strategies I've tried.

Perhaps the best thing about it is that you play each civilisation uniquely, to its own strengths, rather than just doing the same thing every time. For example, watch what he does with Minutemen in DCL #2.

I am glad I could bring the strategy to your attention, beetle, but it is in no way 'my' approach. I took the whole thing from Peddroelm, who is in my opinion a true innovator. He worked out that the game can be won in the Industrial Era and drew from this many conclusions, including that growth and science are not really needed past a certain point provided you have a well-trained army, and that the key is getting to Machinery PDQ, and Dynamite PDQ after that. Much of what he does in his VidLPs flies in the face of 'conventional wisdom', and his play style (which I've tried to adopt) is really, really fun, compared with other strategies I've tried.

Perhaps the best thing about it is that you play each civilisation uniquely, to its own strengths, rather than just doing the same thing every time. For example, watch what he does with Minutemen in DCL #2.

I think the strategy outlined in this thread is very solid too, I just won my 5th Dom Victory in Deity, and quite easily to be honest. Persia in Golden Ages is very, very strong. I had success with Liberty playing China before but Persia is something different, the Immortal/Comp Bow rush is really strong in golden age. I have yet to try the Honor approach though, can you recommend a civ for it? Could Germany work maybe? (I love Panzers :D)

Spoiler :

Well if you want an easy time, you could try Poland or Babylon. The latter has an early UU which you can boot camp for 100 turns or so while you tech to Machinery, or you could even start warring earlier if necessary. Poland's UU is a bit meh cuz its on the Lancer path but you could purposefully build a few pikes and then when Artillery come on line, leave most of them as 'Scouts' in the cities. Lancers are the cheapest units at that time anyway.

Poland will allow you to finish Honor more quickly, or get into Commerce earlier. Babylon will help you get to Education more quickly.

But for most fun, Germany are high up, since you have early fun raiding camps, and then late fun with OP Panzers.

The Aztecs are also fun, and give you a reason to keep Jaguars going through til Infantry, etc.

Maybe you might also like Sweden, for their UA to ally CS of your choice by giving away Generals? Or possibly The Inca for their movement in hills and their UI will help you grow your cities while you bootcamp and plot your first big push.

The commerce' Landsknechts upgrade to Lancers, thus with Poland, they upgrade to their UU. Also, Landsknechts can move the turn they are bought, so you get multiple per turn from them, very cheap, very fast.

After getting my first SV on Immortal I've been trying for a Domination with China... it's gone horribly both times lol.

My first and second games have both followed the same pattern, I've got off to a nice start and got NC by t80 and have an army of about 8 CBs and 3 spearmen. As soon as I go to farm XP from a CS I start attracting a lot of negative attention from the civs who protect them, then once I DOW on another Civ I get DOW by 2-3 other Civs!

I just have no idea how to avoid this, maybe I've gotten a little unlucky but somethings telling me I need to do something differently.

Are there any tricks or things to watch out for to keep diplomatic relations up?

Make sure to watch for CS protection as well: bullying and farming on a CS that has AI friends will give you a headache, but if no one backs them up, your opponents will be more likely to just disregard it.

Ever since Civ 6 was released I kinda wanted to get into it but I couldnt. I won a bunch of games in Immortal with all victory conditions, but I am still trying to get into it.

In the meantime, I played my first Deity CiV game in almost 5 years. I was worried and felt rusty, I hadnt touched the game in 5 years! Nevertheless I wanted to try my most favourite VC, Domination, with my favourite civ: Germany. I won a Deity Domination victory before with a Tradition 3 cities strategy, I think you can find it in this thread.

The starting location was extremely good with two salts, and my 2nd city also had access to two salts. I was able to take a couple cities including the capital from Persia, and then teched to Scientific Theory-Dynamite. I became the tech leader in Industrial Era.

The Germany is just so powerful with Liberty Domination. I had three extra units from camps during the opening stage, which allowed me to take out Persia relatively easily. Japan DoWed me during the midgame but I was able to defend with some well positioned citadels and counter attack, taking one city. After Universities, Hanse and the Trade Routes kicked in, I had four cities with a lot of pop, good science, and extremely good production. After getting my artillery, I went through Japan, France and The Huns. The Panzer is an incredibly good late game unit and I had a lot of fun again.

So for anyone still playing CiV BnW vanilla like me and want to try your hand at Deity Domination, this strategy is the way to go. If you want an easier time, I'd suggest to go with Persia because there's so much synergy between the Immortals, Liberty and the Golden Age which allows you to just steamroll your first target easily.

20200411175507_1.jpg 20200411175535_1.jpg 20200411175543_1.jpg 20200411175611_1.jpg

In the meantime, I played my first Deity CiV game in almost 5 years. I was worried and felt rusty, I hadnt touched the game in 5 years! Nevertheless I wanted to try my most favourite VC, Domination, with my favourite civ: Germany. I won a Deity Domination victory before with a Tradition 3 cities strategy, I think you can find it in this thread.

Hi, you are of course welcome to check out the games in the Enjoyable Deity Games thread. There are at the moment four challenges with Germany, just as a teaser.

Top Bottom